Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

RoofGardener

They did revise the death toll back down from 359 to 253. Churches and mosques have been asked not to hold any prayer services or masses over the weekend for fear of more attacks. Sri Lanka authorities have warned more people associated with the bombings could still be free. Police are still searching Negambo for two armed suspects. A group of Islamic scholars have urged women not to hinder security by wearing veils. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/sri-lanka-revises-bombings-death-toll-100-190425193421379.html

They also say a radical preacher who was one of the suicide bombers, may be the mastermind behind the attacks. Sri Lanka's Muslim community warned police twice about this guy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/world/asia/sri-lanka-attacks-mastermind.html

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/sri-lanka-blasts-suspected-mastermind-a-radical-with-militant-11477072

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

Sri Lanka's Defense Minister has resigned over the controversy surrounding the warnings that had been issued two weeks ago regarding an attack on religious sites. Muslims in the city of Colombo held their Friday prayers with police on guard outside the mosque. Australia, the US and the UK are warning their citizens about traveling to Sri Lanka and churches have closed. 

https://www.apnews.com/b3eaa2de047e4ef9bcf5755dfb9076d4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

All self inflicted I'm afraid.

When was the last time a christian strapped a bomb to himself, entered a mosque shouted 'god is great' and detonated.?

As far as I'm aware the christchurch terrorist hadn't mentioned religion whereas Islamic terrorist incidents are consistently referencing god.

Irrespective if christian terrorists mentioned their religion, that clearly doesnt justify demonizing a whole religious congregation.

And if it does in your, or Susiece mind, you are more akin to those you point your finger at in disgust than you would like to admit.

Extremists are void of nuance, maintain a black & white worldview, 'criminalising' all those who fall under a specific category (Muslim extremists think all unbelievers are their enemy, you seem to think all Muslims are your enemy; which are mirror images of eachother). This is exactly what you would be doing by stating these things..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Irrespective if christian terrorists mentioned their religion, that clearly doesnt justify demonizing a whole religious congregation.

And if it does in your, or Susiece mind, you are more akin to those you point your finger at in disgust than you would like to admit.

Extremists are void of nuance, maintain a black & white worldview, 'criminalising' all those who fall under a specific category (Muslim extremists think all unbelievers are their enemy, you seem to think all Muslims are your enemy; which are mirror images of eachother). This is exactly what you would be doing by stating these things..

What are you going on about? No one said anything like this.

Allright.

I stated:

I agree fully, because religion - thats Abrahamic religion specifically - is under attack as a whole. Western society seems to be 'evolving' into a more and more secular, areligious form.. faster and faster (ie. more agressively).

That doesnt mean Islam is somehow having any special treatment, besides the specially negative maybe.

To which isnotouthere responded:

20 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

All self inflicted I'm afraid.

When was the last time a christian strapped a bomb to himself, entered a mosque shouted 'god is great' and detonated.?

As far as I'm aware the christchurch terrorist hadn't mentioned religion whereas Islamic terrorist incidents are consistently referencing god.

Implying it is Islam's / Muslims own fault they are - as a whole - being treated as social outcasts, undesirables, enemies by Western societies. To which I responded with the content you are dismissing here.

Please, do not address me anymore. Youre behaving like a PMS stricken female throughout this whole thread, go bother someone else.

• Haha 1

Maybe Islam need a hardcore update. It's a highly outdated belief system and a plagiarized version of Judaism anyway. 

10 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Allright.

I stated:

Implying it is Islam's / Muslims own fault they are - as a whole - being treated as social outcasts, undesirables, enemies by Western societies. To which I responded with the content you are dismissing here.

Please, do not address me anymore. Youre behaving like a PMS stricken female throughout this whole thread, go bother someone else.

I don't even see myself here. Your in lala land.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Allright.

I stated:

I am indeed implying it is Islams fault, but not Muslims fault. The religion of Islam needs a long overdue reformation, something which most other religions have been through. The muslims that do kill hundreds if not thousands of innocent people every year do it in the name of their god, I don't know of any other religious group that do this. 

Oh and I do not believe that all muslims are terrorists, but the undeniable truth is that the majority of terrorists are muslim.

But if you are quite happy to be an apologist for this sort of behaviour then so be it.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

On 25/04/2019 at 9:17 PM, Black Red Devil said:

The Christchurch terrorist was Anti Islamic and had references to fallen victims of Islamic terror attacks on his weapon. His target and hatred was towards muslims.

So in his mind he was taking revenge for islamic terror attacks. Whereas the Islamic terror attackers are doing it for their god. (religion) (islam)

See the subtle difference.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

On 24/04/2019 at 7:07 PM, Phaeton80 said:

Islam being defended and promoted..

Good lord what planet are you living on?!

Yes, some effort is made to protect 99.9% of global Muslims against those people who think all Muslims are evil terrorists, and rightly so.

Promoting Islam however, thats pretty rich from where Im standing.. These people are being socially outcast more or less in the whole of the West because their religion is being demonized (Islam = Evil, Islam = Terror) in full by political and non political groups alike. There are even very popular political parties whos main target is to outlaw Islam completely. Imagine that being done against Christians.. Guess some would need to walk in their shoes for a couple of weeks before the effects of such a treatment would become clear to them.

Lets get to the chase though; what examples do you have where Islam is being promoted, exactly?

Still not got the subtle difference between the two? (Clue....one does, the other doesn't)

Edited by itsnotoutthere

19 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Allright.

I stated:

Bit sexist. :o

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Allright.

I stated:

Nowhere in this thread did I imply any such thing. Read.

10 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Bit sexist. :o

Thank you.

• Like 1

Some news...

"Sri Lanka gun battle with militants kills 15, U.S. pulls citizens out."

"A gun battle between troops and suspected Islamist militants on Sri Lanka’s east coast left 15 dead, including six children, a military spokesman said on Saturday, six days after suicide bombers killed more than 250 people on the island. "

At Reuters: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-sri-lanka-blasts/sri-lanka-gun-battle-with-militants-kills-15-u-s-pulls-citizens-out-idUKKCN1S303V?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=927

:(

Edited by Eldorado
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

Some news...

"Sri Lanka gun battle with militants kills 15, U.S. pulls citizens out."

"A gun battle between troops and suspected Islamist militants on Sri Lanka’s east coast left 15 dead, including six children, a military spokesman said on Saturday, six days after suicide bombers killed more than 250 people on the island. "

At Reuters: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-sri-lanka-blasts/sri-lanka-gun-battle-with-militants-kills-15-u-s-pulls-citizens-out-idUKKCN1S303V?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=927

Those poor people.  :( 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So in his mind he was taking revenge for islamic terror attacks. Whereas the Islamic terror attackers are doing it for their god. (religion) (islam)

See the subtle difference.

This attack was done in retaliation to Christchurch and Christians were the targets.

9 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

This attack was done in retaliation to Christchurch and Christians were the targets.

So were major five star Sri Lankan hotels. Remember, there were also tensions with the Buddhists in the last year.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/07/591468452/sri-lanka-declares-emergency-amid-buddhist-attacks-on-minority-muslims

14 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I am indeed implying it is Islams fault, but not Muslims fault. The religion of Islam needs a long overdue reformation, something which most other religions have been through. The muslims that do kill hundreds if not thousands of innocent people every year do it in the name of their god, I don't know of any other religious group that do this. 

Oh and I do not believe that all muslims are terrorists, but the undeniable truth is that the majority of terrorists are muslim.

But if you are quite happy to be an apologist for this sort of behaviour then so be it.

Islam does indeed need an overhaul, it needs to be eradicated from society together with all other religions, but this is just my opinion and I know it won't happen, at least not in my lifetime.

Going back to Islam though and why it won't be reformed.  Muslims will be kept ignorant and people will keep on flocking to western nations because Islam's two main branches, Sunni and Shia, are both the doctrines of the two most influential Muslim nations in the world and both these nations are ruled by Islamic despots who implement strict Shariah guidelines not only inside their borders, but influence their surrounding Islamic neighbors and financially support the spread of their archaic ideology in western nations.  The most notorious Islamic terrorist organisations in the world are either linked, funded or associated in one way or another to these two countries.  These two countries are both close allies to the two (military) superpowers in the world.

It's well reknown that Saudi Arabia has been funding terrorist cells in western nations and yet our western Govts ignore this and keep them as close allies.  It's not a matter of being apologists, its about pointing the finger in the proper direction.  You're pointing it at the puppets, I'm pointing it at the ones pulling the strings.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, susieice said:

So were major five star Sri Lankan hotels. Remember, there were also tensions with the Buddhists in the last year.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/07/591468452/sri-lanka-declares-emergency-amid-buddhist-attacks-on-minority-muslims

Hotels are always targeted because most tourists going around the world are westerners.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 9:22 AM, susieice said:

What are you going on about? No one said anything like this.

He does the same thing to me any time I attempt to discuss such issues with him.  He takes my words, translates them into something unrecognizable and totally off base from what I actually said, then uses these ideas as proof positive of my hatred and bias against Muslims.  I've come to believe that it's an indication of a mental quirk.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, and then said:

He does the same thing to me any time I attempt to discuss such issues with him.  He takes my words, translates them into something unrecognizable and totally off base from what I actually said, then uses these ideas as proof positive of my hatred and bias against Muslims.  I've come to believe that it's an indication of a mental quirk.

Wow. It's not even my words. Just my screen name in his comment. He quotes itsnotoutthere. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

And this one was inspired by the Christchurch shooter.

Synagogue shooting

I am grateful every day that New Zealand chose and chooses to embrace love and acceptance. To grieve with all of those who were affected and to stand by the victims of violence with strength. 

The Enemy is not Islam it is not Christians, it is the violent and those who would willingly kill any innocent person, it is also those who help perpetuate the idea that it is any group of people and perpetuates stupid ideas of racial defence.

• Like 1

I knew police were looking at some kind of a manifest but they haven't released any motive over here yet. They did say this shooter claimed responsibility for a mosque fire last month. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

I knew police were looking at some kind of a manifest but they haven't released any motive over here yet. They did say this shooter claimed responsibility for a mosque fire last month. 

Apparently his letter mentioned Tarrant 10 times and said that the Christchurch shooting was like a light bulb moment. He is claiming defending his race. 

It makes me feel physically ill to think that people do this to defend a race I am affiliated with to think others might think I agree with the hate.

To believe that “race” is even important in the scheme of things, that is racist. You don’t have to hate a race to be racist you only have to believe your race is better or different to others. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Apparently his letter mentioned Tarrant 10 times and said that the Christchurch shooting was like a light bulb moment. He is claiming defending his race. 

It makes me feel physically ill to think that people do this to defend a race I am affiliated with to think others might think I agree with the hate.

To believe that “race” is even important in the scheme of things, that is racist. You don’t have to hate a race to be racist you only have to believe your race is better or different to. 

Thanks. There hasn't been any release of what this guy said or wrote. Why now a synagogue? It is the 6 month anniversary of the shootings in the synagogue in Pittsburgh. It's also the last day of Passover. That's the only reason I can think of as to why he targeted a synagogue. I've been posting the San Diego newspaper in the thread about this as the shooting occurred just outside of San Diego and it's the closest big city. They'll have it all as local news when the police release anything.

Edited by susieice

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Thanks. There hasn't been any release of what this guy said or wrote. Why now a synagogue? It is the 6 month anniversary of the shootings in the synagogue in Pittsburgh. It's also the last day of Passover. That's the only reason I can think of as to why he targeted a synagogue. I've been posting the San Diego newspaper in the thread about this as the shooting occurred just outside of San Diego and it's the closest big city. They'll have it all as local news when the police release anything.

I don’t think these shooters are any good at reason. Jew/Muslim/other is apparently a threat of some sort. Plenty of online information designed to make you believe it is a issue 

• Like 1