Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Is There So Much Mass Violence?

BuddingPsychic1111

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

People suck! 

Not all of them. 

It may be naïve of me, but I do see good in many people. But we tend to allow the misguided ones to grab all the notoriety. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

The upsurge in mass violence is a symptom of the spread of evil in the world.  Specifically, it is due to the growing lack of respect for human life.  With tens of millions of aborted babies and euthanasia in ever larger numbers, it's only to be expected that more people will be willing to kill those who even offend them. 

It's explained in Matthew 24:7

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Must start in the family then:

Matthew 10:21
Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rise against their parents and have them put to death.

Matthew 10:35
For I have come to turn 'A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

Such an angry lot.  Do you guys flame over other topics or is your hatred specifically over people who dare to believe differently from yourselves?  You realize that you can no more prove the absence of God than I can prove He exists, right?  Yet it seems to be a consuming passion for some of you, damned near an obsession.  That kind of energy has to have a source.  Hating anything that fiercely has to be bad for your health.  Anyway, drive on!   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

The upsurge in mass violence is a symptom of the spread of evil in the world.  Specifically, it is due to the growing lack of respect for human life.  With tens of millions of aborted babies and euthanasia in ever larger numbers, it's only to be expected that more people will be willing to kill those who even offend them. 

It's explained in Matthew 24:7

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

i don't think we're any worse off than what we were 100 years ago. only difference is that the media is quicker and more actuate in reporting this evilness. priests, politicians, business leaders and so forth have no where to hide. with our role models tarnished why should anyone act any different than they do? maybe deep down we're nothing but the cruelest animals pretending to have honour and love. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

maybe deep down we're nothing but the cruelest animals pretending to have honour and love. 

Absolutely I  prefer to think of it as striving to have honor and love rather than pretending however

• Like 2

Media is what makes us think that these things "didn't happen" in the past. In reality, the past is full of far more atrocities than the modern day is. That doesn't mean there isn't far too much violence, but it definitely isn't anything new. We're more connected now than ever before, so we hear about more of it. There's a direct correlation between education and peace, so it is my hope that as our knowledge and general education increases, that our aggression and reliance on superstition decreases.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Podo said:

education increases, that our aggression and reliance on superstition decreases

FRAMER

One for "" Modern Man's~WOMAN'S PROVERBS!  " book I'll never finish.

Humans have delusional themselves by believing that as their knowledge and education increases their species aggression decreases and hence violence and degradation of the human species may become obsolete and they will create a utopia for their kind.  NOT SO, your kind are still on a path of annihilation and perhaps a needed extinction which will benefit all other life around the world. Humans as a majority have no concern towards the tens of thousands of other species as their death/extinction loom on their horizon, it would be for the best if one species become extinct. It's simple to figure out which. So continue to slaughter your kind for meaningless acts of difference, so much for an intelligent species.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

FRAMER

One for "" Modern Man's~WOMAN'S PROVERBS!  " book I'll never finish.

AH, I See your still exist.

• Like 1

I can buy it, it could happen but not in my lifetime-- concerning::::>>>"  Humans as a majority have no concern towards the tens of thousands of other species as their death/extinction loom on their horizon, it would be for the best if one species become extinct. It's simple to figure out which. So continue to slaughter your kind for meaningless acts of difference, so much for an intelligent species."

@Servator . . . . . You type well for a non first language English speaking person or however its said.  Copy paste eh??!?!?!  okay you caught me leaving I thought I was logged out and now I am Laterzzz and have your self a great day and take very good care.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I just read a news story about the horrific tragedy that just happened in Sri Lanka.  It was not always like this.  I'm not even that old, only in my mid-20s, and I can remember a time when that sort of thing almost never happened.  Now, you see these horrific acts of mass violence happening all around the world, and sometimes there isn't even an identifiable motive of the perpetrator.  What could it possibly be about the current times that is causing there to be psychopaths committing horrific acts of mass murder against innocent people when this pretty much never happened as recently as 10 years ago?  

I grew up, before you were born, in a world when people, financed by Americans, supplied by Libya, were blowing up children in shops, horses in parks, people laying wreaths on Remembrance Sunday, and the centre of London as a matter of course,   All because they didn't like the fact that everyone else disagreed with them.  The UK is much safer these days.

15 hours ago, and then said:

Such an angry lot.  Do you guys flame over other topics or is your hatred specifically over people who dare to believe differently from yourselves?  You realize that you can no more prove the absence of God than I can prove He exists, right?  Yet it seems to be a consuming passion for some of you, damned near an obsession.  That kind of energy has to have a source.  Hating anything that fiercely has to be bad for your health.  Anyway, drive on!   

2z797b.jpg

6 hours ago, Podo said:

Media is what makes us think that these things "didn't happen" in the past. In reality, the past is full of far more atrocities than the modern day is. That doesn't mean there isn't far too much violence, but it definitely isn't anything new. We're more connected now than ever before, so we hear about more of it. There's a direct correlation between education and peace, so it is my hope that as our knowledge and general education increases, that our aggression and reliance on superstition decreases.

It's an admirable hope but our species has more access to knowledge and exquisite technological advances than ever before in history yet we are literally at the threshold of global war with civilization ending weaponry in hand.  Human nature does not change.  Groups of individuals, even cultures can change for the better but it only takes a small minority bent on subjugation and war to take us all into darkness.  Just as Hitler and his Nazis were ignored until it was too late, the mullahs in Iran announce daily with their rhetoric and their military moves in the M.E. what their intentions are and the world is in denial.  The mullahs aren't alone in their ambitions either.  The Norks and the Chinese have grand plans as well.  Putin shouldn't be ignored, either.  No, we do, in fact, have a growing epidemic of violence around the globe.  Telling ourselves it has always been this way, on this scale, is just a symptom of denial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I just read a news story about the horrific tragedy that just happened in Sri Lanka.  It was not always like this.  I'm not even that old, only in my mid-20s, and I can remember a time when that sort of thing almost never happened.  Now, you see these horrific acts of mass violence happening all around the world, and sometimes there isn't even an identifiable motive of the perpetrator.  What could it possibly be about the current times that is causing there to be psychopaths committing horrific acts of mass murder against innocent people when this pretty much never happened as recently as 10 years ago?  

I studied this at university and the cause is Globalisation.

It pushes values at odds to those of different peoples around the world onto them. If we devalue them as psychopaths it doesnt fix the problem but makes it worse.

The problem with ISIS is that the people of Northern Iraq and Eastern Syria are a cultural group that were kept in check by Saddam Hussein. Following the occupation of Iraq by NATO forces those Iraqis saw themselves as entitled to break away form their own theocracy.

The problem with their new theocracy is it was expansionist as well as Islamic fundamentalist. They believe they were Gods chosen people and put themselves on a mission to take over the world. The terror attacks will continue for a few years but hopefully has ISIS has now been destroyed they will decline in number until it stops altogether.

Because violence has become more popular lately?    It seems that violence has become more acceptable ?

The entertainment industry glorifies it and makes it Fun ! ....video games fantasize it,  and make it Fun!   

History is full of violence...but you were supposed to have a good reason for it...even if it was no better 'purported' reason than the expansion of "our" wonderful and superior civilization or culture to "improve" the vanquished.  !

I think the   real   reason for violence and killing each other in the world is the same as always....Economics!...the pursuit of wealth and power!    And why are these things so important?       EGO.    It will be the death of us all if we don't wake up and recognize it.

Edited by lightly

On 4/22/2019 at 12:29 PM, aztek said:

population density

Does that have to do with the rats theory? Actually I think it was a film and not like scientific totally unknown guessing and pure fact oh well I don't know.

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, Servator said:

NOT SO, your kind are still on a path

Ah, I see we have an alien visitor among us.

• Haha 1

Another Alien popping off again in here?  COOL !  

BACK TO MY RATS ... their was a good movie, I forget oh well but even better wwre tests done by Chucky Cheese no not earcheese guy Charles Vacanti, /sarc I just can't remember his name or the other behavioral and eating babies cannabal studies done, happens.

brb

k, . . . no time, can not find them.  HAve to go laterzzzzzzzzz

Edited by MWoo7

no edit 

k, adding down here then.   Now my post is really ... no editing nice..  NO I"M NOT REPLYING TO THIS. LATERZZZ

k, one of many I'm sure of Johnny rotten boy baptist CALHOUN! study/tests/lab-RAT WORKS!
Both links are the same in hopes that one will actually work, like three insurances.

John B. Calhoun coined the term "behavioral sink"

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-mouse-utopias-1960s-led-grim-predictions-humans-180954423/

. . . what does utopia look like to rats  or some such ..."   Some ugly things happen in the test, but no nazis HEY ! .. that was a joke, yeah a bad one no doubt.

"  

What does utopia look like for mice? According to a researcher who did most of his work in the 1950s . . .

"
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-mouse-utopias-1960s-led-grim-predictions-humans-180954423/#2WL3Gm623jy14wSz.99
Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, RabidMongoose said:

The problem with their new theocracy is it was expansionist as well as Islamic fundamentalist. They believe they were Gods chosen people and put themselves on a mission to take over the world. The terror attacks will continue for a few years but hopefully has ISIS has now been destroyed they will decline in number until it stops altogether.

The problem is that they will always find a financial backer to use them to sow destruction and pin down the enemies of the backers.  It will be never ending until those who fund it, WHOEVER it is, are found and dealt with.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, lightly said:

Because violence has become more popular lately?    It seems that violence has become more acceptable ?

The entertainment industry glorifies it and makes it Fun ! ....video games fantasize it,  and make it Fun!   

History is full of violence...but you were supposed to have a good reason for it...even if it was no better 'purported' reason than the expansion of "our" wonderful and superior civilization or culture to "improve" the vanquished.  !

I think the   real   reason for violence and killing each other in the world is the same as always....Economics!...the pursuit of wealth and power!    And why are these things so important?       EGO.    It will be the death of us all if we don't wake up and recognize it.

Von Clauswitz wrote about it a couple of centuries ago.  He referred to it as a "contagion" that spreads once war is underway.  Violence is seen as acceptable by many more than usual because our civilization is shown for what it actually is...an ILLUSION.  It only stops once the suffering and destruction become too unbearable for everyone involved.  In the past it took years to reach that point.  Today, we don't have the luxury of drawn out attrition.  All it will take is one irrational leader to decide to go for broke and use nukes.  THAT'll cure the fever for a few thousand years...

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 3:46 PM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

More people = more death.

More media covering it = more publicity on the death.

More publicity = more hype for the crazy people.

More hype = more death.

• Like 1

Perhaps not with a BANG and FLASH your species will drift into the night of never ending darkness, but slow and sickly as disease runs rampant among those of the modern age. With the advent of antibiotics and over the counter cure all each of your kind seek when you feel ill, never allowing your natural immunity to develop as a species should and only allowing those genetically superior to breed a strong species, but in this age the inferior and sickly who would normally not procreate continue to pass on their defects with the aides of medicine and are outbreeding those who do not require medical aids to survive. One dismal outcome of your species future will be such that a simple disease/diseases will befall your kind and demonstrate that Darwinism will become a reality once again and a massive species die-off will come to pass.   

• Haha 1

We as a species are probably the least violent we've been since our evolution into this modern species. How exactly do you think animals relate to each other? Nature isn't a Disney movie. As for not remembering mass killings, you haven't been alive long enough to judge. Check the historical record and realize that conflicts were usually settled with clubs, swords, knives, and then guns and bigger guns. We've gotten better weapons yes but as we've gotten better weapons we've also evolved and learned how to live much more peacefully than in the past. Look at the list of genocides, wars, and colonization including mass slavery and now is much more preferable and peaceful than anytime in the past.