Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US soldiers disarmed by Mexican soldiers

OverSword

Armed Mexican troops disarmed two United States soldiers while they were on the American side of the border, U.S. defense officials have said.

Link

• Thanks 1

So far cool heads.  Now what happens if more incidents happen eh?!?!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Thanks 1

Well I'm just glad it didn't escalate !

Tx on the link MUCH APPRECIATED!, not to derail/deflect, I'm going over Vikings in Mexico at the moment, yes another thread.

YIKES ! THANKS FOR ARTICLE LINK:  don't need these bozos down there , so called leader of another patriot group hmmm..." dangerous felon who should not have weapons around children and families, ... racist and armed vigilantes "  KUDOS TO FBI !

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

" Probably not much. I bet they wouldn’t confront other armed people. "  Yeah not now especially after one of their head honchos was handled by the FBI.  
Great thread by the way, looking forward to more.  

UUUUUUUUUUUPDATE: worded wrong, I mean looking forward to more information in this venue. hahaha sheeze LATERZZZZZZ

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

Glad it didn't escalate but it looks like the Mexican troops need to be trained on WHERE the US/Mexican border actually is since they apparently don't know. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Glad it didn't escalate but it looks like the Mexican troops need to be trained on WHERE the US/Mexican border actually is since they apparently don't know. 

cormac

I wonder what the trump narrative will be?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Well, it is supposed to be the Rio Grande river.  But from what I read, it is a dry riverbed right now where the even occurred. 

• Like 3

I'd be more concerned with having to fight the Cartels than the Mexican Army.  Imagine the insurgency they could command.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Well, it is supposed to be the Rio Grande river.  But from what I read, it is a dry riverbed right now where the even occurred. 

South of the fence but NORTH of the Rio Grande, as the article states, “should” have ruled out any confusion about the riverbed IMO. Apparently the Mexican military, or the reporter who wrote the article, isn’t aware that rivers operate within riverbeds. :lol:

cormac

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

South of the fence but NORTH of the Rio Grande, as the article states, “should” have ruled out any confusion about the riverbed IMO. Apparently the Mexican military, or the reporter who wrote the article, isn’t aware that rivers operate within riverbeds. :lol:

cormac

You need to come on out west and explore these "riverbeds". They dont really operate in a bed like what you're envisioning. Its more that entire chunks of square mileage is sometime riverbed, sometimes not, and not a clearly delineated line.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, and then said:

I'd be more concerned with having to fight the Cartels than the Mexican Army.  Imagine the insurgency they could command.

YEp and they the Cartel likely are smarter than some of the media at least and know those are play once a month or a weekend here and there kids[weekend warriors] not Regular U.S. ARMY Soldiers.

Edited by MWoo7

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Imagine if the Mexican military met these guys?  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/20/us/militia-arrest-border-new-mexico.html

When the local government is refusing to do their duty to protect us, it is our right, it is our duty to close the gap.  I see where Hopkins was arrested as being a felon and not because of the activities of the group.  There is nothing illegal about making a citizen's arrest.  By identifying themselves as US Border Patrol probably saves lives.  This is why dear old Hector is on thin ice.  It's not going to look good when the FBI arrests US citizens while turning illegals loose.

• Like 1

Just now, RavenHawk said:

By identifying themselves as US Border Patrol probably saves lives.

Yeah I would have some serious "stolen valor" type issues with that if I were CBP

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Doesn't matter if it is dry or not.  The international border is still along the Thalweg.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah I would have some serious "stolen valor" type issues with that if I were CBP

It's not a matter of stolen valor (which is stupid in the case) but to prevent an exchange of gunfire.  Most illegals are looking to surrender once on this side.

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You need to come on out west and explore these "riverbeds". They dont really operate in a bed like what you're envisioning. Its more that entire chunks of square mileage is sometime riverbed, sometimes not, and not a clearly delineated line.

You can show that to be true near Clint, Texas then? Google Earth would tend to suggest otherwise IMO. 

cormac

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

You can show that to be true near Clint, Texas then? Google Earth would tend to suggest otherwise IMO. 

cormac

No google earth doesnt suggest otherwise, well depending on actual location of the incident.  Just go north a bit or south a bit and picture it without the green. Once the water is gone there is nothing to tell you what is Rio Grande and what is just a dry wash. 

This spot south of Clint is a great example. You've got roads, washes , footpaths and other terrain features all stacked next to the river. Take the water out of the river and how do you know its not just another wash youre walking through.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Clint,+TX+79836/@30.9237133,-105.4668763,840m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86e712d8773f6591:0xe79b9795fd6fcefb!8m2!3d31.592337!4d-106.2241449

Dont get me wrong its a mistake that they need to figure out how to not keep making but it is one that seems rather easy to make.

18 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No google earth doesnt suggest otherwise, well depending on actual location of the incident.  Just go north a bit or south a bit and picture it without the green. Once the water is gone there is nothing to tell you what is Rio Grande and what is just a dry wash. 

This spot south of Clint is a great example. You've got roads, washes , footpaths and other terrain features all stacked next to the river. Take the water out of the river and how do you know its not just another wash youre walking through.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Clint,+TX+79836/@30.9237133,-105.4668763,840m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86e712d8773f6591:0xe79b9795fd6fcefb!8m2!3d31.592337!4d-106.2241449

Dont get me wrong its a mistake that they need to figure out how to not keep making but it is one that seems rather easy to make.

I'm not convinced it was a mistake. I can, and have, walked the streams back home in the mountains of southern West Virginia complete with overhanging foliage and shallows and can tell EXACTLY which side of the stream I'm on, but 5 or 6 Mexican military members patrolling a predominantly dry area can't even tell where they're at? :rolleyes:

cormac

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

I'm not convinced it was a mistake. I can, and have, walked the streams back home in the mountains of southern West Virginia complete with overhanging foliage and shallows and can tell EXACTLY which side of the stream I'm on, but 5 or 6 Mexican military members patrolling a predominantly dry area can't even tell where they're at? :rolleyes:

cormac

I hear ya man and would have fully agreed with you until I spent some time in the desert, especially time in the dark. You honestly cant compare the desert to any other environment.

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

I wonder what the trump narrative will be?

“They invaded U.S., now it’s time to invade Mexico ....”

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I hear ya man and would have fully agreed with you until I spent some time in the desert, especially time in the dark. You honestly cant compare the desert to any other environment.

Yet 2 in the afternoon in an area that isn't square miles in area for determining WHERE the Rio Grande is doesn't help their apparent incompetence in the least IMO. Unless they were given ZERO training whatsoever. They didn't even have darkness as an excuse. I'm not altogether ignorant of Texas myself as I've lived there twice and have seen my share of dry riverbeds and streams.

cormac

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yet 2 in the afternoon in an area that isn't square miles in area for determining WHERE the Rio Grande is doesn't help their apparent incompetence in the least IMO. Unless they were given ZERO training whatsoever. They didn't even have darkness as an excuse. 

Im not saying it wasnt incompetence, simply an understandable mistake

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I'm not altogether ignorant of Texas myself as I've lived there twice and have seen my share of dry riverbeds and streams.

Really? Your posts seemed to indicate otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im not saying it wasnt incompetence, simply an understandable mistake

Really? Your posts seemed to indicate otherwise.

No, I just wasn't impressed. 

cormac