Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Handwashing As Important As They Say?

BuddingPsychic1111

I'll admit, I hardly ever wash my hands.  And I rarely get sick.  I get the flu every once in a while (e.g. less than once a year), though shockingly it seems like less often than the folks I know who wash their hands incessantly and get the flu shot (e.g. the god only knows what's in it big pharma cocktail they try to push on people every season, that I suspect contains mind control chemicals and possibly even clandestine nanorobotics).  And occasionally get a cold.  But honestly, I don't get sick that much.  And when I do, I typically get over it in a few days.  Really, for me, I just wash my hands if I need to for social reasons.  

Sure, I'll wash my hands if people are around.  Because obviously given the social norm of washing your hands after using the bathroom, I kind of play along if people will see.  And run the water if people will hear.  But to be honest..... why?  I don't wash, I don't get sick.  Nor do people around me.  Honestly, I feel like I get sick less often, if anything.  I don't wash before I eat either.  I shower and all, but I don't really wash my hands.  Haven't really done it much in a long time.  

Nowadays, I have heard a lot about how antimicrobial soap causes mutations in microbes that result in antibiotic resistant bacteria.  Perhaps, that's part of their plan.  Tell people to frantically wash their hands and then make money on expensive treatments to treat their chemically created microbial creations like MRSA.  Honestly, when I was much younger (e.g. a kid), I washed my hands because everyone told me to.  Then, I got older and thought to myself what's the point and questioned if it's really necessary.  And I honestly don't feel that this negatively affected my health.

If anything, I feel that I get sick less.  And I feel better overall.  You'd think I'd get sick a lot given what we've all been taught, it seems almost inexplicable to me.  I'll put my hand on railings, handle money, take dumps, etc. without washing..... have done this for years.  And get sick less than all the germaphobes.  Honestly does not add up.  Given my experience, I have begun to suspect that the powers that be have begun to promote unnecessary handwashing in order to encourage the development of MRSA and other antibiotic resistant microbes that they can make money on more expensive medications in order to treat. 

Because IMO, big pharma, the media, the government (e.g. the CDC), and all the pieces of garbage that make up the powers that be want to create these "difficult to treat" microbes to make money by getting everyone to want to wash their hands too much.  Like I said, I almost NEVER wash my hands.  Not sure how that came to be, just kind of forgot about it.  And then sort of realized, wait..... I don't even wash my hands anymore.  Wasn't really a conscious thing, just found that. 

And then after I noticed, I realized I was doing stuff like handling money without washing, using the bathroom without washing, handling railings and other public surfaces without washing, etc.  And not getting sick any more often.  And perhaps even getting sick less.  And when I would get sick, it would seem like I got over it quicker.  People would probably think I'm kind of gross if I talked about this in person, so I don't really. 

Yet it just amazes me, and given my experiences, I am somewhat suspect that there's an agenda to promote unnecessary handwashing in order to create antibiotic resistant microbes that they can make money off of treating the complications of.  Because it was years ago that I just kind of found myself not washing my hands.  And I haven't started since then.  I shower and I wash my hands if I feel the need to for social reasons.  But otherwise, I don't bother.  And this has done me no harm whatsoever over a period of 5+ years. 

I feel that all this wash your hands all the time was a big lie. To make people's immune systems unable to handle the slightest thing, thus allowing big pharma to make money off treating complex illnesses/complications caused by low immunity.  And creating antibiotic resistant microbes from the overuse of antibacterial soap.  I'm not saying that I have any proof that my theory is correct or that I know it's true.  I just know that for the last 5-7 years, I have rarely washed my hands and rarely get sick.  

Perhaps, this is unique to me.  Perhaps, this is something that science cannot explain.  Perhaps, everything is just predestined.  And since predestiny has made it so that I wasn't going to get sick during a certain period of time and thus not washing my hands made no difference.  Could have been just how it was meant to be, due to some sort of quantum mechanics that science has yet to understand. 

I honestly have no idea, I just know that I began to realize.... oh I never really wash my hands anymore and I haven't been in a year or so.  And I haven't been getting sick more..... so well, **** it, why bother.  And have had no ill effects from this during more than 5 years.  It certainly is an interesting observation.  Either that I have experienced some type of anomaly or this is a form of fake news that very few of us have begun to wake up to.  Because 5 YEARS of essentially never washing my hands and not getting sick more than other people, something is inconsistent with the things we've been taught.  

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

.  I get the flu every once in a while (e.g. less than once a year), 

So that is never. 

Edited by freetoroam

1 hour ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I'll admit, I hardly ever wash my hands.

NEVER invite me round yours for dinner.

Farmer has explained why you should wash your hands.

Surely when you bath or shower you are washing your hands then, or do you rarely do that too?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

NEVER invite me round yours for dinner.

Farmer has explained why you should wash your hands.

Surely when you bath or shower you are washing your hands then, or do you rarely do that too?

WHAT ? 

You mean... you DON'T wear gloves when you shower ? 

Weird !

• Haha 4

“Nothing human disgusts me, Mr. Shannon, unless it is unkind or violent.” ..

Tennessee Williams.

being flithly, stinking, is unkind.

you know out of boredom i weeded thru your delusions about hand washing without being about to shake all your ranting of your imagined alien abductions in other threads, those aliens wont wanna prob you if you are all stank dirty.

your theories are flawed you have done zero really meaningful research on the percent of people who do or do not get sick and how it relates to basic hygiene, while i fully agree with not passing germs to others personally i dont like being dirty  nasty smelly disgusting to myself, i cant handle being at all dirty, OCD? not really on this topic just being gross is gross.

ive known people with crap hygiene heck my buddy was so nasty his commanding officer ordered him to stop being nasty and stinking.

i knew a geek who decided to stop bathing and after a couple weeks no one would speak to him, he told me he keeps clean for others who didnt like smelling him.

as far as not getting sick, big flaw, i havent had a flu in at least 10 years, and in that time perhaps 2 to 3 colds and i am not the most fit healthy bat, but i am clean....did you know poor hygiene is also a symptom of mental illness?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

ive known people with crap hygiene heck my buddy was so nasty his commanding officer ordered him to stop being nasty and stinking.

I once had to counsel and then eventually fire a guy because of his hygiene. This is a professional with degrees and certifications and everything.  God that was awkward and awful.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I once had to counsel and then eventually fire a guy because of his hygiene. This is a professional with degrees and certifications and everything.  God that was awkward and awful.

did the guy admit it or ? but yeah, john would argue he didnt smell that people were making it up, i would say , oh yeah? when was your last shower, or brushing your teeth, it would be weeks and he thought nothing of it.

my buddy, long story but i knew him from the mid 80s he had been in the gulf war, thats were the men complained he stunk, and a bouncer at my club, he has had a very severe mental decline through the years, i cut ties when i couldnt handle his obsessive mooching, last i heard he was in some VA center to teach him to live on his own

• Like 1

I worked in a very large foundry.  There  was a lunchroom with a hot food line.  There was also free coffee and a popcorn machine with  free popcorn.  I once wound in in a bathroom with one of the foundrymen.  He left without washing his hands.  I was a ways behind him as we headed to the lunchroom.  When he got there, he headed for the popcorn machine.  Rather than using the scoop, he reached in and got a couple of handfuls of popcorn and put them in a bowl.  I could never bring myself to eat that popcorn again.  E coli.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

@BuddingPsychic1111 To be blunt, you're just plain lazy. I hope you're not sexually active.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, the13bats said:

did the guy admit it or ? but yeah, john would argue he didnt smell that people were making it up, i would say , oh yeah? when was your last shower, or brushing your teeth, it would be weeks and he thought nothing of it.

Well he denied it as he was insulting me on his way out the door but a couple of weeks later he was back with hat in hand claiming he had seen the light. Thankfully we shared space with our main client at the time and his scents had really p***ed them off so rehiring him wasnt an option.

2 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I'll admit, I hardly ever wash my hands.  And I rarely get sick.  I get the flu every once in a while (e.g. less than once a year), though shockingly it seems like less often than the folks I know who wash their hands incessantly and get the flu shot (e.g. the god only knows what's in it big pharma cocktail they try to push on people every season, that I suspect contains mind control chemicals and possibly even clandestine nanorobotics).  And occasionally get a cold.  But honestly, I don't get sick that much.  And when I do, I typically get over it in a few days.  Really, for me, I just wash my hands if I need to for social reasons.  

Sure, I'll wash my hands if people are around.  Because obviously given the social norm of washing your hands after using the bathroom, I kind of play along if people will see.  And run the water if people will hear.  But to be honest..... why?  I don't wash, I don't get sick.  Nor do people around me.  Honestly, I feel like I get sick less often, if anything.  I don't wash before I eat either.  I shower and all, but I don't really wash my hands.  Haven't really done it much in a long time.  

Nowadays, I have heard a lot about how antimicrobial soap causes mutations in microbes that result in antibiotic resistant bacteria.  Perhaps, that's part of their plan.  Tell people to frantically wash their hands and then make money on expensive treatments to treat their chemically created microbial creations like MRSA.  Honestly, when I was much younger (e.g. a kid), I washed my hands because everyone told me to.  Then, I got older and thought to myself what's the point and questioned if it's really necessary.  And I honestly don't feel that this negatively affected my health.

If anything, I feel that I get sick less.  And I feel better overall.  You'd think I'd get sick a lot given what we've all been taught, it seems almost inexplicable to me.  I'll put my hand on railings, handle money, take dumps, etc. without washing..... have done this for years.  And get sick less than all the germaphobes.  Honestly does not add up.  Given my experience, I have begun to suspect that the powers that be have begun to promote unnecessary handwashing in order to encourage the development of MRSA and other antibiotic resistant microbes that they can make money on more expensive medications in order to treat. 

Because IMO, big pharma, the media, the government (e.g. the CDC), and all the pieces of garbage that make up the powers that be want to create these "difficult to treat" microbes to make money by getting everyone to want to wash their hands too much.  Like I said, I almost NEVER wash my hands.  Not sure how that came to be, just kind of forgot about it.  And then sort of realized, wait..... I don't even wash my hands anymore.  Wasn't really a conscious thing, just found that. 

And then after I noticed, I realized I was doing stuff like handling money without washing, using the bathroom without washing, handling railings and other public surfaces without washing, etc.  And not getting sick any more often.  And perhaps even getting sick less.  And when I would get sick, it would seem like I got over it quicker.  People would probably think I'm kind of gross if I talked about this in person, so I don't really. 

Yet it just amazes me, and given my experiences, I am somewhat suspect that there's an agenda to promote unnecessary handwashing in order to create antibiotic resistant microbes that they can make money off of treating the complications of.  Because it was years ago that I just kind of found myself not washing my hands.  And I haven't started since then.  I shower and I wash my hands if I feel the need to for social reasons.  But otherwise, I don't bother.  And this has done me no harm whatsoever over a period of 5+ years. 

I feel that all this wash your hands all the time was a big lie. To make people's immune systems unable to handle the slightest thing, thus allowing big pharma to make money off treating complex illnesses/complications caused by low immunity.  And creating antibiotic resistant microbes from the overuse of antibacterial soap.  I'm not saying that I have any proof that my theory is correct or that I know it's true.  I just know that for the last 5-7 years, I have rarely washed my hands and rarely get sick.  

Perhaps, this is unique to me.  Perhaps, this is something that science cannot explain.  Perhaps, everything is just predestined.  And since predestiny has made it so that I wasn't going to get sick during a certain period of time and thus not washing my hands made no difference.  Could have been just how it was meant to be, due to some sort of quantum mechanics that science has yet to understand. 

I honestly have no idea, I just know that I began to realize.... oh I never really wash my hands anymore and I haven't been in a year or so.  And I haven't been getting sick more..... so well, **** it, why bother.  And have had no ill effects from this during more than 5 years.  It certainly is an interesting observation.  Either that I have experienced some type of anomaly or this is a form of fake news that very few of us have begun to wake up to.  Because 5 YEARS of essentially never washing my hands and not getting sick more than other people, something is inconsistent with the things we've been taught.  

My golden rule is no drugs, no anti-bacterial agents, no operations, no tap water, unless I absolutely need them.

With vaccines my major concern is introducing viral agents into my body which I am immune too. I am worried that it might have an impact on my immune system where it doesnt think its working right. I also do not trust the government or corporations to only put in vaccines what they claim. Do you ever notice when they give you a jab they note down the number of the jab they gave you? With tap water have you ever realised they know what areas are supplied by which tap water companies? Obviously with human experimentation they need to know who they have given what so if they record numbers or supply only specific postcodes avoid like the plague.

With anti-bacterial hand washes those agents go into your digestive track when you eat killing off friendly bacteria. Maybe its why cancer rates have increased? Maybe its why obesity has increased?

The last time I sprained my ankle I asked myself do I really need the x-ray my doctor wants me to go for? I asked him to justify it and he said its because sometimes a bit of bone comes off. Sometimes? This moron wanted to subject me to x-rays just on the off chance I had chipped a bit off a bone. No thanks. Its the same for operations, they are over cautious. Do not trust doctors! And have you ever noticed people usually come back from hospitals and their doctors with other things wrong with them too? Thats a red flag right there.

You want to know something really bizarre? I think colds only exist in our minds. If you remain mentally strong around ill people you dont catch it. You dont get a running nose, sore throat, or watery eyes. I think the symptoms are like when someone in a group of people starts yawning and it spreads to the others. Its psychological not medical.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

@BuddingPsychic1111 To be blunt, you're just plain lazy. I hope you're not sexually active.

brrralol...i seldom type "rotlmao" as i find it silly but "damnn" ( in my best will smith voice) ...only another nasty person would get with someone nasty, even abduction aliens have their limits

• Haha 2

Stop the anti-bacterial hand washes as they alter your gut flora.

You can rebuild a healthy colony with fermented foods - Kefir, sauerkraut, oat porridge, cheese, slightly stale bread, etc.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

In my day, we used to take of such hygiene issues within the Mess; it was called 'lower deck counselling'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

Stop the anti-bacterial hand washes as they alter your gut flora.

I agree; in general, plain old soap is all you need. In certain circumstances, a higher level is required (e,g, surgical staff, etc).

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Obviousman said:

In my day, we used to take of such hygiene issues within the Mess; it was called 'lower deck counselling'.

There is nothing wrong with showering using water only.

6 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

Im not sure how society will ever replace the value a good  ass kicking can have for a young man's soul.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

There is nothing wrong with showering using water only.

wrong...there was a girl who came to my club who thought that and she reeked, people would come complain about her stink,

and as faith would have it she dated the smelly guy i spoke of.

in other post you said hand sanitizer kills good intestinal flora, do you have any real studies to show this, i dont use hand sanitizer but find that possibility interesting.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

wrong...there was a girl who came to my club who thought that and she reeked, people would come complain about her stink,

and as faith would have it she dated the smelly guy i spoke of.

in other post you said hand sanitizer kills good intestinal flora, do you have any real studies to show this, i dont use hand sanitizer but find that possibility interesting.

There is nothing wrong with natural smell. I like the way women smell when they are sweaty. Obviously I dont want them smelling of poo and wee but girl sweat doesnt smell bad. Water is fine. Obviously female sweat has pheromones in it acting as a spacing agent to other (unrelated) women. But really, we all smell so deal with it.

There are plenty of studies showing that anti-bacterial hand washes kill 99% of known bacteria and the list does include many found within the human digestive track. Anti-bacterial mouth washes, tooth paste, fluoridated water, bleach and disinfectants all affect our gut flora.

You only have to go back 100 years and people where not living in our super hygienic world. When I was a kid I used to be outside playing in the mud and everything. I`m fit and healthy. I made sure I didnt get injected with that TB rubbish at school either, my lungs are fine. I rarely get ill with anything.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Confused 1

Yes it's important to wash your hands and having good hygiene. You dont have to shower twice a day though use soap just dont drop it ;-) bad joke.

16 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

There is nothing wrong with natural smell. I like the way women smell when they are sweaty. Obviously I dont want them smelling of poo and wee but girl sweat doesnt smell bad. Water is fine. Obviously female sweat has pheromones in it acting as a spacing agent to other (unrelated) women. But really, we all smell so deal with it.

There are plenty of studies showing that anti-bacterial hand washes kill 99% of known bacteria and the list does include many found within the human digestive track. Anti-bacterial mouth washes, tooth paste, fluoridated water, bleach and disinfectants all affect our gut flora.

You only have to go back 100 years and people where not living in our super hygienic world. When I was a kid I used to be outside playing in the mud and everything. I`m fit and healthy. I made sure I didnt get injected with that TB rubbish at school either, my lungs are fine. I rarely get ill with anything.

no, lazy unhygienic people smell, i dont deal with smelly, dirty people i move on.

and 100 years ago people had a shorter lifespan and some died of silly things that no longer kill people too much if at all anymore.

and this girl didnt smell like fresh sweat which sours quickly, or whizz, it was kind of pooish but not really, it was a bad stink that really made a lot of people gag, i guess she was more in denial anout it than anything.

my question about gut flora was do hand sanitizers real the digestive track, ill look up some real reports which i should have done...

so smell and be dirty if you want.

Edited by the13bats

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

no, lazy unhygienic people smell, i dont deal with smelly, dirty people i move on.

and 100 years ago people had a shorter lifespan and some died of silly things that no longer kill people too much if at all anymore.

and this girl didnt smell like fresh sweat which sours quickly, or whizz, it was kind of pooish but not really, it was a bad stink that really made a lot of people gag, i guess she was more in denial anout ut than anything.

my question about gut flora was do hand sanitizers real the digestive track, ill look up some real reports which i should have done...

so smell and be dirty if you want.

Ok so swamp **** is an unpleasant smell, its like being behind a horse.

What country do you live in? If its a cold latitude then you wont be used to sweaty people. The Mediterranean downwards to Central Africa is hot. People sweat, you smell of sweat no matter how many showers you have a day, everyone smells of it. Its normal and it doesnt shorten your lifespan at all.

https://www.biokplus.com/blog/en_CA/gut-health/do-cleaning-products-alter-the-gut-microbiome

From it - Researchers looking at the gut microbiome of children with allergy versus without, noted that the intestinal flora of allergic children showed the presence of aerobic bacteria, coliforms and Staphylococcus, while children without showed the presence of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria spp.6 It is believed that these latter bacteria species prime our immune system, and protect our gut mucosal integrity, which in turn help prevent atopic diseases and other immune-related conditions.6

There are articles linking it to obesity too. Basically gut flora produce nutrients inside your gut you cannot get from your diet which have an effect on your metabolism. The hand washes kill the bacteria involved.

I shall also point out that overusing using anti-biotics isn't the only cause of superbugs. The Triclosan in hand wash is also used in hospitals to sanitize areas. It is identified as one of the drivers of evolution resulting in the emergence of superbugs. It toughens them up.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Confused 1

I can't stand my hands being dirty. I can't stand if I haven't had my daily shower. I like feeling clean. The idea of smelling like butt crack, arm pits, and gym socks is definitely not appealing. Especially bad breath. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2