Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Handwashing As Important As They Say?

BuddingPsychic1111

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I can't stand my hands being dirty. I can't stand if I haven't had my daily shower. I like feeling clean. The idea of smelling like butt crack, arm pits, and gym socks is definitely not appealing. Especially bad breath. 

Maybe the cause of your depression? and a factor in your obesity?

I have seen research saying that gut bacteria have an impact on mood and metabolism because they produce metabolites and nutrients you dont get from your diet (like rare forms of vitamin B3). Maybe you should try going no anti-bacterial products for a couple of months while eating a range of fermented foods?

Maybe it will help. Maybe instead of a plan forward you just managed to attract what you needed to know into your life? lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose

45 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Stop the anti-bacterial hand washes as they alter your gut flora.

Stop drinking it.

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Maybe the cause of your depression? and a factor in your obesity?

I've hated being dirty since I was a kid. Sure I'd play in the mud, but once I'm done I had to wash up. As for obesity. I'm not obese, I'm mostly muscle. 

Just for my own personal sake I'm putting you on ignore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Stop drinking it.

Funny boy lol

Obviously people dont drink it (at least I hope not) but if you wash your hands in it them eat your food its going into your gut.

• Like 3

Ooh another buddingpsychic thread. Time to break out the popcorn! 

AFTER washing my hands of course. I'm not an animal. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

@BuddingPsychic1111 To be blunt, you're just plain lazy. I hope you're not sexually active.

With aliens perhaps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

well, since this thread popped up i took a shower, lol, no kidding,

mongoose, in live it florida i know heat and sweat, ive worked raves people sweating hard, ive been around hard working people that both were sweating all day and getting dirty, im a life long gear head and while i love my hobby i refuse to be a dirty smelly grease monkey, i know the difference between working up a sweat and being nasty.

the fact is dirty smelly people stand out to me, and fair or not i judge a person on hygiene or lack thereof,

i am sure there are more excuses than just laziness but if im a bigot about anything nasty, dirty stank people are it, there may be reasons but no excuses.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

well, since this thread popped up i took a shower, lol, no kidding,

mongoose, in live it florida i know heat and sweat, ive worked raves people sweating hard, ive been around hard working people that both were sweating all day and getting dirty, im a life long gear head and while i love my hobby i refuse to be a dirty smelly grease monkey, i know the difference between working up a sweat and being nasty.

the fact is dirty smelly people stand out to me, and fair or not i judge a person on hygiene or lack thereof,

i am sure there are more excuses than just laziness but if im a bigot about anything nasty, dirty stank people are it, there may be reasons but no excuses.

Smelling crusty and swampy is bad, smelling sweaty is good, yum!

Edited by RabidMongoose

13 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Smelling crusty and swampy is bad, smelling sweaty is good, yum!

you are a sick mongoose, i get where you are coming from, but that good sweat smell turns to stink quickly.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

There is nothing wrong with showering using water only.

Yes, in some circumstances. I shared a cabin with a CPO and he had a skin condition such that he couldn't use deodorant. He made sure he didn't stink, though. We had people like that who - without good cause - didn't wash properly and caused offence to their matelots. They were advised of the issue and if they failed to act, then counselling.

6 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

Yes, in some circumstances. I shared a cabin with a CPO and he had a skin condition such that he couldn't use deodorant. He made sure he didn't stink, though. We had people like that who - without good cause - didn't wash properly and caused offence to their matelots. They were advised of the issue and if they failed to act, then counselling.

I suppose same sex sweat is a spacing agent.

I dont hate other guys who are sweaty but I am aware of their smell. Its not hate, but something that grabs my attention, and it isn't pleasant either. Its just like a `oh, you are there` and makes me mindful another guy is about and makes me ready to compete against them if needed. Its not outright hostile but the potential to become hostile if I ever needed too.

With women I like there smell. I smell my GFs bedding and pyjamas all the time. I also jump on her when she comes back from the gym lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I'll admit, I hardly ever wash my hands.

so....you have a poop.....dont wash your hands....then eat your sandwich?

disgusting

Edited by marsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

WHAT ? 

You mean... you DON'T wear gloves when you shower ? 

Weird !

I wear a wet suit too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

With women I like there smell. I smell my GFs bedding and pyjamas all the time.

Does she know about this, Or do you wait til she is out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

I wear a wet suit too. 

I just take an umbrella in the shower...no fun getting wet is there...:lol:

• Haha 2

lets give mongoose a break, i understand where hes coming from, my buddy who died was over the top obsessed with  feet, but he could get creepy about it, unrelated to cause of death.

9 minutes ago, marsman said:

he chose to bring it up....

yeah  ok he was boasting just a little bit

18 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Does she know about this, Or do you wait til she is out?

Its one of those things a lot of men and women do.

But never talk about and keep secret lol.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I wear a wet suit too. 

A WETSUIT ? 

That's ALL ? 

_103216021_divingtwo.jpg

Pffft.. amateurs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Amateurs?

51kRDR66uwL._SX425_.jpg

Looks pretty big, no room in my shower for all that equipment. Does it work only on batteries or can it be plugged in?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Looks pretty big, no room in my shower for all that equipment. Does it work only on batteries or can it be plugged in?

it seems to have a....big screw     :blink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I'll admit, I hardly ever wash my hands.  And I rarely get sick.  I get the flu every once in a while (e.g. less than once a year), though shockingly it seems like less often than the folks I know who wash their hands incessantly and get the flu shot (e.g. the god only knows what's in it big pharma cocktail they try to push on people every season, that I suspect contains mind control chemicals and possibly even clandestine nanorobotics).  And occasionally get a cold.  But honestly, I don't get sick that much.  And when I do, I typically get over it in a few days.  Really, for me, I just wash my hands if I need to for social reasons.  

Sure, I'll wash my hands if people are around.  Because obviously given the social norm of washing your hands after using the bathroom, I kind of play along if people will see.  And run the water if people will hear.  But to be honest..... why?  I don't wash, I don't get sick.  Nor do people around me.  Honestly, I feel like I get sick less often, if anything.  I don't wash before I eat either.  I shower and all, but I don't really wash my hands.  Haven't really done it much in a long time.  

Nowadays, I have heard a lot about how antimicrobial soap causes mutations in microbes that result in antibiotic resistant bacteria.  Perhaps, that's part of their plan.  Tell people to frantically wash their hands and then make money on expensive treatments to treat their chemically created microbial creations like MRSA.  Honestly, when I was much younger (e.g. a kid), I washed my hands because everyone told me to.  Then, I got older and thought to myself what's the point and questioned if it's really necessary.  And I honestly don't feel that this negatively affected my health.

If anything, I feel that I get sick less.  And I feel better overall.  You'd think I'd get sick a lot given what we've all been taught, it seems almost inexplicable to me.  I'll put my hand on railings, handle money, take dumps, etc. without washing..... have done this for years.  And get sick less than all the germaphobes.  Honestly does not add up.  Given my experience, I have begun to suspect that the powers that be have begun to promote unnecessary handwashing in order to encourage the development of MRSA and other antibiotic resistant microbes that they can make money on more expensive medications in order to treat. 

Because IMO, big pharma, the media, the government (e.g. the CDC), and all the pieces of garbage that make up the powers that be want to create these "difficult to treat" microbes to make money by getting everyone to want to wash their hands too much.  Like I said, I almost NEVER wash my hands.  Not sure how that came to be, just kind of forgot about it.  And then sort of realized, wait..... I don't even wash my hands anymore.  Wasn't really a conscious thing, just found that. 

And then after I noticed, I realized I was doing stuff like handling money without washing, using the bathroom without washing, handling railings and other public surfaces without washing, etc.  And not getting sick any more often.  And perhaps even getting sick less.  And when I would get sick, it would seem like I got over it quicker.  People would probably think I'm kind of gross if I talked about this in person, so I don't really. 

Yet it just amazes me, and given my experiences, I am somewhat suspect that there's an agenda to promote unnecessary handwashing in order to create antibiotic resistant microbes that they can make money off of treating the complications of.  Because it was years ago that I just kind of found myself not washing my hands.  And I haven't started since then.  I shower and I wash my hands if I feel the need to for social reasons.  But otherwise, I don't bother.  And this has done me no harm whatsoever over a period of 5+ years. 

I feel that all this wash your hands all the time was a big lie. To make people's immune systems unable to handle the slightest thing, thus allowing big pharma to make money off treating complex illnesses/complications caused by low immunity.  And creating antibiotic resistant microbes from the overuse of antibacterial soap.  I'm not saying that I have any proof that my theory is correct or that I know it's true.  I just know that for the last 5-7 years, I have rarely washed my hands and rarely get sick.  

Perhaps, this is unique to me.  Perhaps, this is something that science cannot explain.  Perhaps, everything is just predestined.  And since predestiny has made it so that I wasn't going to get sick during a certain period of time and thus not washing my hands made no difference.  Could have been just how it was meant to be, due to some sort of quantum mechanics that science has yet to understand. 

I honestly have no idea, I just know that I began to realize.... oh I never really wash my hands anymore and I haven't been in a year or so.  And I haven't been getting sick more..... so well, **** it, why bother.  And have had no ill effects from this during more than 5 years.  It certainly is an interesting observation.  Either that I have experienced some type of anomaly or this is a form of fake news that very few of us have begun to wake up to.  Because 5 YEARS of essentially never washing my hands and not getting sick more than other people, something is inconsistent with the things we've been taught.  

Okay, first, as Marsman asked, if you don't wash your hands between going to the toilet and eating food, does this mean (apologies for the bluntness) you're fine with eating your own poo? After all, accidents happen, even on the toilet seat.

Second, how about I match your anecdote with my own? I wash my hands regularly, in ordinary soap (the cheapest I can buy at the supermarket) not anti-bacterial soap, and I get the flu vaccine every year. I've never had the flu, although I get colds most years.

Third, are you sure you aren't just worried about Big Soap? Remember, the recommendation to wash hands for sanitary purposes was known to the Greeks and Romans more than 2000 years ago, and was reintroduced to Western society in the second half of the 19th century - long before the invention of anti-bacterial soap.

• Like 6