Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Handwashing As Important As They Say?

BuddingPsychic1111

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

A WETSUIT ? 

That's ALL ? 

_103216021_divingtwo.jpg

Pffft.. amateurs.

HOLD UP!  No gloves?  

36 minutes ago, marsman said:

it seems to have a....big screw     :blink:

Not sure where to screw that into. Got to be a big hole somewhere? 

This is getting all very technical.

• Like 1

The first person to require hand washing in a medical setting was Ignaz Semmelweiz this was made in 1847 in an austrian maternity ward and he thereby esentially eliminated "childbed fever" in his hospital.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Impedancer said:

Yes it's important to wash your hands and having good hygiene. You dont have to shower twice a day though use soap just dont drop it ;-) bad joke.

Casual homophobia is the best kind of homophobia!

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

Your hands pick up all kinds of scents. If you go fishing and handle worms and fish and think it is o.k and go to bed without showering or washing your hands good luck with a future spouse.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2019 at 2:35 AM, Setton said:

<snip>.  I'm not an animal. 

yes.  you are.

as for the rest of the hypochondriac snowflakes gnashing their teeth in fear... how do you ever go out in the world?

the world is made of dirt y'know...  you'll never get it clean. :P

18 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

yes.  you are.

as for the rest of the hypochondriac snowflakes gnashing their teeth in fear... how do you ever go out in the world?

It is, but not having **** on your hands is always a good idea.

What's next, a debate about brushing teeth? Is it a conspiracy created by the evil dentist conglomerate?

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

yes.  you are.

Because it's possible to go out in the world without feeling the need to shove it in your mouth.

For most of us, anyway. 

• Like 1

until 18th century many of patients in  hospitals died from infections when doctors touched them and infected them with bacteria from other patients, they did not wash hands, they had no concept of micro organisms. so it is safe to say it is important. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Your hands pick up all kinds of scents. If you go fishing and handle worms and fish and think it is o.k and go to bed without showering or washing your hands good luck with a future spouse.

lol, i worked in auto repair shop decades ago,  it is next to impossible to wash off  hands after work without using special soap, even then, smell of old lubricants, fuel, grease, coolant .....will still be there no matter what.  during breakfast and launch brakes,  i had to wear latex gloves, otherwise it is like eating oli, and fuel, lol tried gloves on during work, but thick gloves make it next to impossible to work, latex gloves would rip up from slightest touching anything remotely sharp, and pretty much everything under the hood, under the car is sharp for latex gloves

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Washing my hands in the blood of my enemies. Yep, every FPS game I have ever played.

That and tea-bagging. Gotta let these kids know who's boss

• Haha 2

Minute/miniscule///misc.: artist and if you've kids TIP!!!!!  Some places still sell it, BORAX .. says something about mules 10 mule power blah, now, the important part oh Friggin toy editor now I've lost most of the editing button/colouring features et cetera, nice, tripeware... anyway .. the important part, make sure there are green scrubby pads there, a stack of them somewhere close to the giant laundry/painter's sink.
... update: no not  the fake fall apart cheap tripe ones,  ... if they're cheap WRONG TYPE OF GREEN SCRUBBY ... possibly? 3M I think, is one type.

You'll know because they are not coarse-- * FALL APART TO PIECES almost INSTANTLY * and don't take stain or paint or tree sap PITCH! off your hands.

Edited by MWoo7

On 2019-04-22 at 1:03 PM, XenoFish said:

kappler-Z5H582-zytron-z500-chemical-prot

Germs? What germs?

That looks like me going out for a couple of pints...

46 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Minute/miniscule///misc.: artist and if you've kids TIP!!!!!  Some places still sell it, BORAX .. says something about mules 10 mule power blah, now, the important part oh Friggin toy editor now I've lost most of the editing button/colouring features et cetera, nice, tripeware... anyway .. the important part, make sure there are green scrubby pads there, a stack of them somewhere close to the giant laundry/painter's sink.
... update: no not  the fake fall apart cheap tripe ones,  ... if they're cheap WRONG TYPE OF GREEN SCRUBBY ... possibly? 3M I think, is one type.

You'll know because they are not coarse-- * FALL APART TO PIECES almost INSTANTLY * and don't take stain or paint or tree sap PITCH! off your hands.

Poke's you with my dirty Swedish hands :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Impedancer said:

my dirty Swedish hands :D

..:D haha yeah reminds me Grandpa we called him GAPA he was outside the majority of the time no his LIFE HA! and anyway was always made to wash when he came in and I think he didn`t care for it either hehehehee! but !!!!!! if sitting down to the dinner then WASHING UP WAS MANDITORY!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

I have to wash my hands a lot because I pick up who knows what from my wheelchair wheels. I don't want to think about what I'm possibly rolling over on sidewalks, yikes. People are gross, I wash my hands so generally they are clean but who knows what other people do. I used to ride the bus a lot and I'm always at ass level viewing and dead goddess I have seen way too many people putting their hands in their pants, thinking no one's looking. The stuff of nightmares. Then they touch the rails and the doors Blech. Wash your hands folks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting someone mentioned dentists and brushing.

Not only do I rarely wash my hands (unless i get **** on them)

I did not visit a dentist from the ages of 17 to 34.

I'm 50 now and have only been back twice.

Each was to replace fillings that fell out years before.

I never use toothpaste and rarely brush my teeth, occasionally use toothpicks.

Still have all my teeth, healthy gums, no receding. 

Tooth decay is caused by the ph balance of your saliva, not a lack of rubbing product on the surface of your teeth.  Your teeth are living and the blood that flows through your big toe, flows through your teeth a minute later.

Edited by quiXilver
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Tooth decay is caused by the ph balance of your saliva, not a lack of rubbing product on the surface of your teeth.  Your teeth are living and the blood that flows through your big toe, flows through your teeth a minute later.

Just like the OP, that's called an anecdotal fallacy.  X has never happened to me, therefore X does not happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Do you eat sugar? I might be able to believe you if you didn't eat any sugar.

if he brushes teeth with salt without rinsing before bed, i may believe it even if he eats sugar, i know a guy who does that and he still has all his teeth, and he is in mid 50s.

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

if he brushes teeth with salt without rinsing before bed, i may believe it even if he eats sugar, i know a guy who does that and he still has all his teeth, and he is in mid 50s.

He's probably got high blood pressure from absorbing so much salt!

3 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

He's probably got high blood pressure from absorbing so much salt!

it is the sodium that gives some HBP, table salt is only 40% sodium,   

On 4/22/2019 at 1:44 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Stop the anti-bacterial hand washes as they alter your gut flora.

You can rebuild a healthy colony with fermented foods - Kefir, sauerkraut, oat porridge, cheese, slightly stale bread, etc.

You're not supposed to drink the hand wash.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1