Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BuddingPsychic1111

Is Handwashing As Important As They Say?

111 posts in this topic

BuddingPsychic1111
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Myles said:

You are if you are not washing your hands.    Your the one who said that even rinsing your hands well doesn't get all the soap off.   you eat your poop.   And other peoples too because the stall doors, door handles, toilet lever toilet paper holder and everything else is covered in it.

Yeah, but those microscopic amounts of it likely build up the immune system. The soap is formulated to cause antibiotic resistant bacteria and mess people up so big pharma can profit off it.

Plus, the microscopic amounts are so small, it's not anything like eating ****.  I don't really see how not washing your hands could be compared to actually eating ****.

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111
  • Confused 1

Obviousman
2 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

Yeah, but those microscopic amounts of it likely build up the immune system. The soap is formulated to cause antibiotic resistant bacteria and mess people up so big pharma can profit off it.

That is not true when we refer to plain old soap (not anti-bacterial soap). You need to actually learn how things work before you go making wild claims.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2015/01/plain-old-soap-doesnt-kill-bacteria-can-really-effective-getting-rid/

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/The_handiwork_of_good_health

• Like 1

Nnicolette

The thing is killing bacteria removes the good and the bad. It leaves you more susceptible, but I wouldn't skip washing over it.

• Like 1

jaylemurph
3 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I don't really see how not washing your hands could be compared to actually eating ****.

It’s not so much “don’t see” as much as “won’t see.”

But whatever. As I said, self-correcting problem. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

Timothy

When the ‘Party for UM members’ happens next, all of the filthy members in this thread/anyone else with horrible hygiene will have to wear red flashing lights on their heads as a warning. No hand shakes from me...

Maybe we can have a separate ‘stank zone’ for all concerned. 

And don’t worry; the headgear will not interfere with your tin-foil hats.  

No hard feelings, but good hygiene is extremely important. :yes:

(Maybe a hand shake with disposable gloves)

aztek

You may have heard there’s poop bacteria getting sprayed all over people’s hands by bathroom hand dryers. But did you know there’s poop bacteria everywhere!?

That’s right. While you’ve been freaking out over individual headlines suggesting that a tiny amount of fecal bacteria is lurking on your hands or faucets or what-have-you, those studies have been amassing into a whole body of research that shows pretty definitively that bacteria from our poop is absolutely everywhere. Here’s a short list of all the places scientists have found poop bacteria:

1. On computer keyboards
  2. In your kitchen sponge, on the kitchen drain, and on your kitchen sink faucet handles (By the way, this same study found that kitchens had more fecal bacteria than bathrooms! Toilet seats were actually one of the least contaminated spots in the whole house.)
  3. All over your phone
  4. In a “fecal veneer” on indoor climbing walls
  5. Hanging out on grocery shopping carts
  6. On your shoes (duh)
  7. Inside all of your clothes, probably because you wash them with your underwear—which contains a tenth of a gram (!!) of fecal bacteria per pair, on average
  8. Surrounding you in every hotel room you’ve ever been in
  9. Literally in the air you breathe

• Like 1

XenoFish
20 minutes ago, aztek said:

All over your phone

Sometimes you can't find the toilet paper and have to use something.

20 minutes ago, aztek said:

Probably higher if you've got kids. Filthy little animals.

lightly

. . . I don't feel good.

• Sad 1

Stiff

images.jpg

• Haha 1

Desertrat56

I come from a family of obsessive hand washers and we are relatively healthy compared to most families.  I worked with a nurse who believed that washing your hands only helped because of the rubbing of them under the water.  She never used soap, just put her hands under the water and wiped them with a paper towel.  She was in the hospital for two weeks with a horrible bacterial infection that she would have never gotten if she used soap.  I was told by an older nurse recently that soap doesn't help and I told her about the nurse I worked with.    Anti_bacterial soaps and products and alcohol only  kill about 50 % of the bacteria, using old fashioned soap gets your hands cleaner.  The thing is there are other habits that contribute to illness.  If you don't like soap, use white vinegar it kills 90% of the bacteria that Chlorine kills.

People who don't wash their hands regularly and stay healthy probably have a very good immune system, but they can spread diseases to  others who don't have that healthy immune system just by shaking hands or handing them something, touching something or coughing or sneezing.  We live packed in like rats now days so one unclean person could cause an epidemic.

• Like 1

pallidin
Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2019 at 2:00 AM, the13bats said:

...did you know poor hygiene is also a symptom of mental illness?

You would be correct.

Poor hygiene (when hygiene is available) is one of the psychiatric markers for certain forms of mental illness.

Specifically clinical depression.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1