Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI arrests leader of armed group in N.M.

and-then

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-militia-idUSKCN1RW0O5 

I believe if more citizens choose to get involved, local governments won't be able to effectively hinder them in apprehending illegals.  I'm all for that if the government is unwilling to solve this problem.  What say you?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-militia-idUSKCN1RW0O5 

I believe if more citizens choose to get involved, local governments won't be able to effectively hinder them in apprehending illegals.  I'm all for that if the government is unwilling to solve this problem.  What say you?

Amateurs need to either sack up and walk the walk by joining CBP or they need to stay home and allow law enforcement to do their jobs. Anything else is simply making things more dangerous for the people actually making the sacrifice.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Amateurs need to either sack up and walk the walk by joining CBP or they need to stay home and allow law enforcement to do their jobs. Anything else is simply making things more dangerous for the people actually making the sacrifice.

Read the article?  They've been detaining those they come across, nonviolently and holding them until CBP arrive.  I'd put an armed Division strength force down there if I was in charge.  Trump should follow through and close that border for at least a few days to get Mexico's attention.  Short of that he should use an EO to place a severe penalty on every electronic remittance from these illegals sending $ back to Mexico.  50% should get their attention.  Then the same tariff on cars made there.  Allowing an undisturbed flow with no effort to stop it is going to create huge animosity at their final destination.  Being called racist isn't going to bother the ones doing the ass-kicking and other forms of intimidation.

1 minute ago, and then said:

Read the article? 

Yeah I did. Thats my honest emotionless evaluation:  that theyre amateurs operating in a dangerous environment making it more dangerous for the professionals who are supposed to be there.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to FBI arrests leader of armed group in N.M.

Because all the best countries rely on militia for security. Just look at Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia etc. 

What could possibly go wrong? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

People that like to play Soldier are weirdos.  And Veteran's that do this crap when they get out of the military are even worse.  Just give it up.  Join the border patrol or stay in the military.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Against unarmed immigrants they seem to do alright.  I wonder what would happen in they bumped into a cartel or even the Mexican military. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Progressives need to sack up and defend this nation or they need to go home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah I did. Thats my honest emotionless evaluation:  that theyre amateurs operating in a dangerous environment making it more dangerous for the professionals who are supposed to be there.

Progressives need to close the border and watch the backs of the professionals doing their job.  Otherwise, it is these politicians that endanger the lives of CBP.

• Like 2

Once this problem becomes so severe that it can no longer be ignored, vigilantism is almost assured.  At that point, we'll have lost control and we'll be dealing with the ugliest elements in our society.  Any fool can see that eventuality so why doesn't our government understand it?  The cries of RAY-SUS and BIGOT will go from being hyperbole to reality and it won't easily be stopped once it comes to the surface.  Unjustly accuse people for long enough and they'll eventually figure they have nothing to lose by proving the haters "right".

26 minutes ago, and then said:

Once this problem becomes so severe that it can no longer be ignored, vigilantism is almost assured.  At that point, we'll have lost control and we'll be dealing with the ugliest elements in our society.  Any fool can see that eventuality so why doesn't our government understand it?  The cries of RAY-SUS and BIGOT will go from being hyperbole to reality and it won't easily be stopped once it comes to the surface.  Unjustly accuse people for long enough and they'll eventually figure they have nothing to lose by proving the haters "right".

So.... Are they going to start wearing brown shirts as they round up these people?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Progressives need to sack up and defend this nation or they need to go home.

I used to make this same mistake. I used to think progressives were all candy assed rich kids preaching from their ivory towers. The reality however is more and more progressives are folks like myself. Folks who have done and or are doing their part to serve and defend this nation.

The more lunacy we see from Trumpians I imagine the more of that we'll see.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I used to make this same mistake. I used to think progressives were all candy assed rich kids preaching from their ivory towers. The reality however is more and more progressives are folks like myself. Folks who have done and or are doing their part to serve and defend this nation.

Progressives are power hungry.  That is their altruism.  They don't care who they hurt or destroy.  They don't care about what the Constitution stands for or what this nation means.  Grabbing power is all that counts.  Playing identity politics to divide.  Keeping control of the Plantation with fear.  And using useful idiots like you strengthens them.

• Haha 1

Well this detail is interesting....if not necessarily shocking

FBI Received Reports Militia Leader Talked Of Assassin Training Targeting Obama, Soros

FBI agents received reports in 2017 that the leader of a right-wing militia that has been detaining immigrants in New Mexico had said then that his group was “training” to kill former President Barack Obama, former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and billionaire George Soros, according to an FBI affidavit.

The affidavit was part of the criminal complaint against Larry Mitchell Hopkins, who was arrested Saturday on a federal complaint charging him with being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition. Hopkins appeared Monday in federal court in Las Cruces, New Mexico. 

22 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Seems CBP agrees with my assessment

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Well this detail is interesting....if not necessarily shocking

FBI Received Reports Militia Leader Talked Of Assassin Training Targeting Obama, Soros

One of his previous charges was impersonating a law enforcement officer.  I like how he used the, "It's not my guns, it's my common law wife's guns" defense as well.

As for the militia themselves- Criminals routinely go free in the United States because they are often improperly arrested.  Imagine if the militia found drugs in a bag that they didn't have authorization to search.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

One of his previous charges was impersonating a law enforcement officer. 

I would think impersonating a law enforcement officer a second time probably wont be looked on kindly by the courts. 

40 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

As for the militia themselves- Criminals routinely go free in the United States because they are often improperly arrested.  Imagine if the militia found drugs in a bag that they didn't have authorization to search.

I hadnt even thought of that angle myself. Hell or a bio weapon or dirty bomb for that matter.

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I used to make this same mistake. I used to think progressives were all candy assed rich kids preaching from their ivory towers. ...............

no you did not, it is a cliche line used by shills like you, i've heard it before, you are so brainwashed they  even inserted their phrases in your brain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

no you did not, it is a cliche line used by shills like you, i've heard it before, you are so brainwashed they  even inserted their phrases in your brain. 

Awww not even a hello? Does aztek need a hug this morning?

200w.webp?cid=790b76115cbef88d3674397477

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So.... Are they going to start wearing brown shirts

No, Antifa wears black and attacks citizens.

Black is the new Brown.

as they round up these people?

Enough of such comparisons.  Comparisons like this is yellow journalism.  “These” people aren’t being rounded up and sent to the ovens.  They are being rounded up and shown to door back to where they belong, which isn’t here.  Do you really want this nation to be filled with people with no integrity (Being here illegally).  How can they be good citizens if they are willing to break the law?

Edited by RavenHawk

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

fail-you-have.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

well if gvmnts do not protect the border people will,  as they should,

This government is to serve the people, not rule over them or grab power.  This must end before we descend into a monarchy or worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Awww not even a hello? Does aztek need a hug this morning?

200w.webp?cid=790b76115cbef88d3674397477

lol, i'll pass, i have enough people i like to do hugging with, but you may try the border, give your hugs away to illegals, i'm sure they'll see great value in them lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

This government is to serve the people, not rule over them or grab power.  This must end before we descend into a monarchy or worse.

in that case progressivism  and liberalism are two things that need to be eradicated and removed from history, cuz they aim exactly at that, those 2 bring fascism back as well, 

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1