Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange creature captured crossing highway

Minimalists

39 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

I guess until these amateur videographer's become better at filming we will never know what the hell it is.

Ah but this isn't amateur video it's a traffic camera. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Ah but this isn't amateur video it's a traffic camera. 

Your right..That totally slipped my mind, what little I have left.

Just to add, it is a valud point that people sometimes fail to react to things they don't see in time,  but this would have come across three lanes of a dual carriageway and our crash barriers are too low to have hidden it. 

• Like 2

I live i a deer infested area where I see 10 or more deer a day. I almost voted against a deer at first but I watched the jump several times and decided it was a deer since it cleared the barrier well.

At first I was pondering livestock such as a sheep or goat, but the leap appears to me to clear the barrier with ease.

Due to the low quality of the camera image I can't be certain so I personally wouldn't rule out domestic livestock. Also, the barrier is not that high.

• Like 4

I grew up in deer country.

I've had countless encounters with deer in person and in my vehicles.

I've had several clip my car with a hoof when leaping over it, and in front of it, once losing a headlight and another time a windshield.

That is not a deer.

Seems like CG.  The way the head tilts up, the structure of the hind legs, make it seem humanoid... though the upper/lower bone length ratio seems stretched.  Fun video, thanks for sharing.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I don't know, I've almost hit deer that seem to come out of nowhere. 

I have hit one..They are on top of you so fast you have little time to react...

• Like 1

i see both sides of this theory,

while eariler i posted that car driver should have seen it, the fact the car has zero reaction is noteworthy but not smoking gun to me, hah, perhaps the driver was a silly little 19 yo chromosome texting her bff that the cute guy likes her, or some old tired  fellow who put in 15 hours at the plant and just wants to get home but his mind is on a fishing trip for the weekend,

the car not reacting is interesting, but i still lean that there was an original deer video, embelished later with cgi or whatever....

4 hours ago, moonman said:

This looks familiar, I feel like I've seen it before and it turned out to be a hoax.

Gollum.

• Like 2

I watched a few times and did see the shadow of the animal on the road as it cleared the barrier but to me, it looks like a large dog rather than a deer and without knowing what type of car it is it is hard to gauge the size reference of the animal

jmccr8

4 hours ago, moonman said:

This looks familiar, I feel like I've seen it before and it turned out to be a hoax.

Honestly, I think we have had a couple threads of this video over the last 10+ years since it came out. I think it depended on the thread how it was decided as hoax, debunk, or just dropped in general due to the steam running out of the thread.

It's been a while, but I think it was another night-time cryptid video similar to this one that was a flat hoax. It was something to do with a video game release. If recall isn't too bad, it was more in a city alley/balcony/houses kind of setting rather than open road that this one is.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

@rashore If another thread about this exist, how exactly could we find it. I'm sure there are quite a few vids like this here.

Good question- I've tried it with vids like this and remember the cool spider walking on the building at night one? But it really depends on what the language was used for the title and how old in the archives go. I like to think I'm pretty good at hunting around here for this stuff, but how folks talked about it at the time has more to do with it than the video content itself. It's beyond my member research willing/able, and if there's a cool mod trick for finding videos to match it, I sure don't know what it is, lol.

I haven't tried to search it off google to specific on UM yet to see what turns up. That can be hit or miss, but I think it was a bit useful a while back when I was trying to hunt up that spider walking on the building thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Good question- I've tried it with vids like this and remember the cool spider walking on the building at night one? But it really depends on what the language was used for the title and how old in the archives go. I like to think I'm pretty good at hunting around here for this stuff, but how folks talked about it at the time has more to do with it than the video content itself. It's beyond my member research willing/able, and if there's a cool mod trick for finding videos to match it, I sure don't know what it is, lol.

I haven't tried to search it off google to specific on UM yet to see what turns up. That can be hit or miss, but I think it was a bit useful a while back when I was trying to hunt up that spider walking on the building thing.

I figure something like the video posted might be in the ghost section. I swear I've seen it there before, though I could be wrong, grrr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I figure something like the video posted might be in the ghost section. I swear I've seen it there before, though I could be wrong, grrr.

Ghost, cryptid, and probably urban legend. This vid came out along the same era as some of the other creepy-pasta-ish stuff. Some of it overlaps a bit.

Dang my fuzzy memory on the legends tonight. But it really has been a while since I've seen this one pop up.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Alien Origins said:

Well I did not do a search before I posted this.

You do realise... 

That is punishable by death?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

i enjoyed it, i like trying to figure out how it was done, no, i dont believe its an unknown creature or paranormal or supernatural.

a thread just for such videos would be fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Well I did not do a search before I posted this.

It's ok.. given how long it's been since this one has popped up. At least in your ignorance you posted a new topic instead of dredging up one of the old topics about this. :)

3 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

You do realise... 

That is punishable by death?

Shush you.. death talk. Though you say it.. maybe some of the search terms for this one would be death/hell dog/hound for context.

• Haha 2