Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Show Portals to Hell

HollyDolly

If you haven't seen the ads, already, Jack Osborne and Kristina, forgot her last name , that was on paranormal Lockdown with Nick Groff are doing a new show ,called Portals to Hell.  It premiers this Friday  April26th on The Travel channel. They are going  to do an investigation of the old Alaskan Hotel in Skagway or Seward ,Alaska. It is haunted by a  man  named Charlie, who died in a hot tub in the basement.There are newspaper accounts of this, and there are other spirits there. Also, I saw on the Travel Channel site, or a  news site for New Orleans, about the two  having been given permission to investigate the LaLurie Mansion. YOu can do a search on the bloody history of the place. It was once owned by Nicholas Cage. He mentioned this on tThe Tonight Show with Jay Leno.However he also mentioned the family would never spend the night in the place. I guess only during the daylight hours. Of course they are going to Eastern State Pennitentiory, Bobbie mackie's place and other well known ones, but lesser known ones as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HollyDolly said:

It is haunted by a  man  named Charlie, who died in a hot tub in the basement

There are newspaper accounts of this, 

Can you provide a link to this please.

The newspaper which published it with the article about this death.

Thankyou.

It’s Katrina Weidman (who used to be on Paranormal State and Paranormal Lockdown). 

I feel like these shows are beating a dead horse by continually going to the same places. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

It’s Katrina Weidman (who used to be on Paranormal State and Paranormal Lockdown). 

I feel like these shows are beating a dead horse by continually going to the same places. 

Is the dead horse one of the ghosts? Sure they can fit one in - for entertainment purposes. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Here you go Freetoroam.

www.hauntedjourney.com  with Terror in Rm315 at the Alaskan Hotel

2. www.mysteriousuniverse.org Ghosts in the Far North: Haunted Rooms of the Alaskan Hotel

www.ghostvillage.com  Ghosts and Legends of the Alaskan Hotel under legends. The place is actually in Juneau ,Alaska. Room 315 is the most haunted. One night a US Navy sailor requested  this haunted room. So  he was given the keys to  Room 315. Well things were okay for a while.Later on during the night other patrons herard a man screaming. They traced it to Room 315. The staff called police, who showed up. The police banged on the do and did all the could to enter, but were unable to. Finally they heard the sound of glass,  like a window breaking. Only then were they able to enter.. The man had dived out the window and managed to land on the ground. By some miracle,  he survived. When the police finally entered  the room, they found blood all over the room walls. On the ad for this episode, you see Kristina and Jack listening to the actual 911 phone called and you clearly hear a man screaming for his life. Now when this happend , I don't know. But they may mention it on the show. I know the St.James Hotel in I think New Mexico or Arizona is haunted and  they keep this one room locked at all times.Don't rent it out to anyone.Ghost Adventures did an investigation of the hotel and even the room.

Sorry on that, you're right Katrina Wiedman. Yes, they do go to the same places here. Would like for them to go some new ones. Hopefully, they may even go and do a few overseas shows, like the Hell Fire Caves, Luciedo Abbey which was on Scariest Places on Earth,etc.

1 minute ago, HollyDolly said:

Sorry on that, you're right Katrina Wiedman. Yes, they do go to the same places here. Would like for them to go some new ones. Hopefully, they may even go and do a few overseas shows, like the Hell Fire Caves, Luciedo Abbey which was on Scariest Places on Earth,etc.

And it’s not just them, I noticed that Kindred Spirits went to Waverly Hills. How many times has this place been investigated for TV? 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, HollyDolly said:

Yes, they do go to the same places here. Would like for them to go some new ones.

There are only so many portals to hell in the world.

• Haha 3

I enjoy these shows for the history, I like hearing the stories. It gets boring seeing only a handful of places. New spots are fun. Maybe they will find some new places after they hit the usual ones. What a name, though, LOL. 

Seeing inside the Lalaurie Mansion will be interesting. I don't think I have seen that one yet.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I enjoy these shows for the history, I like hearing the stories. It gets boring seeing only a handful of places. New spots are fun. Maybe they will find some new places after they hit the usual ones. What a name, though, LOL. 

Seeing inside the Lalaurie Mansion will be interesting. I don't think I have seen that one yet.

Same reason I started going on Lantern Tours in my city a couple of years ago.   I love hearing about the history of the buildings in our city, plus there's a tour of 2 or 3 different buildings to look at the architecture as well.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HollyDolly said:

Here you go Freetoroam.

www.hauntedjourney.com  with Terror in Rm315 at the Alaskan Hotel

2. www.mysteriousuniverse.org Ghosts in the Far North: Haunted Rooms of the Alaskan Hotel

Thankyou.

These are not newspaper articles though.

Please can you provide the newspaper articles not paranormal sites.

1 hour ago, HollyDolly said:

It is haunted by a  man  named Charlie, who died in a hot tub in the basement

There are newspaper accounts

NOTE

None of those links  mention anything about  Charlie or a hot tub in the basement.

Unless i have missed it can you just post that part.

But i would like the newspaper article about it too.

• Like 1

HELLO

Any news about Charlie in the basement? 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

It premiers this Friday  April26th on The Travel channel. They are going  to do an investigation of the old Alaskan Hotel in Skagway or Seward ,Alaska.

Thanks  Holly. I'll have my popcorn and cuddle blanket ready to go!

I like Katrina.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

They are going  to do an investigation of the old Alaskan Hotel in Skagway or Seward ,Alaska

Here you go HollyDolly;

The links you gave both say it is in

I see you have said later it is in Juneau, but to save you having any more confusions i have provided you with this link below.

The Travel Channel bought the pair tickets to stay in Room 315 at the Alaskan Hotel in Juneau,

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.denofgeek.com/us/culture/occult/279229/portals-to-hell-series-opens-on-travel-channel

There are news reports of a body found dead in a hot tub. But nothing to do with the hotel,  not only was it not in the hotel or in a basement, it was an outside hot tub. It was also later identified as a woman

Police spokeswoman Erann Kalwara said in an updated missing person alert that Alexis Ehlers's body was discovered by a homeowner in an outdoor hot tub behind a residence on Muir Street.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.adn.com/alaska-news/2017/08/24/juneau-police-id-person-found-in-hot-tub-as-missing-woman/%3foutputType=amp-type

Just a tip : please read the links you provide  prior to posting and maybe research a bit about the article you post. 

• Like 2

Move over hot tub time machine Bum productions is proud to present , Hot tub hell portal, starring Troy McClure as Charlie, filmed in android note 5 and straight to redbox,

dont miss it.....

• Haha 1

Sorry on that hard sometimes to find the  newspaper articles they mention. Funny thing is, on the show, one of the employees/owners tell Katrina and Jack that  it was a man who died in the hot tub, and supposedly in the basement. Watch the ad for the episode. Probably sounded more dramatic to say to the pair it was  in the basement ad nasuem. Makes for a better story, though they may indeed have some ghost named Charlie.  Will just have to watch the episode. 

Would like to see some of these ghost shows come to San Antonio and  investigate the Menger Hotel downtown. Also the Crockett and Gunther Hotels.  There is a book on Ghosts of San Antonio  by Docia Williams, which  mentions the brutal murder that took place at one of these hotels.It was back in the 1960s. A woman was killed at one hotel, and then the killer was traced to the other one. When the police got there and tracked the  woman's killer to  his room, the guy shot himself  right in front of them.The  woman's body was never found. Since this was when they were doing a lot of construction downtown, some thought is  he dropped the body at some work site. It was never recovered.Lone Star Spirits or one of the other paranormal  groups here in town  mention it also.

Here is a correction on  this hotel deal. Been yers since i read about it. The hotel where the terrible murder took place is the Sheraton Gunter Hotel.The murder to place in the 1960s.

Ghost City Tours here on their website  mentions the haunting of room 636 and some other ghosts, including the singer Robert Johnson. 

if you go to thesheratongunter.wordpress.com Gunter Hotel: The haunting of Room 636 , the hotel has information on it.Plus a photo of the killer as well as a photo of bloodstains found in the bathroom.

The Russell Rush Haunter Tour: Gunter Hotel  has a video on Youtube. The killer after the murder checked into the St.Anthony Hotel, not the Crockett.

I thought that this was a end is nigh thread, with lemming seals and s.....t, my mistake carry on.

:P

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2019 at 1:31 PM, SecretSanta said:

I feel like these shows are beating a dead horse

Maybe that is how you make a ghost horse.

• Like 1

Is Jack Ozzy Osbourne's son? If so, it would explain how he can make out words in streams of what sounds like gibberish.