Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expectant Couple Makes Ridiculous Requests

susieice

I saw this on the news tonight. You need to read this. A couple in Philadelphia who are expecting a baby due April 29th have uploaded their very high maintenance requests to a site called Meal Train. Among their requests are 30 meals with recipes and specific instructions. They've asked for people to come clean, do the dishes, vacuum, walk the dog among other things. They would like wellness checks.

Needless to say, people went nuts. The page has now been taken down. You really need to click on JJ's posts to see the meals the couple was requesting.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-parents-meal-train-fishtown-baby-campaign/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6941101/Expecting-couple-ridiculed-Meal-Train-page-requesting-Paleo-meals-friends-chores.html

Personally, I worry about this baby already. Mom and dad seem very unable to take care of themselves much less add an infant. I think raising a child is going to be quite a shock for them.

What say you?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

@susieice, it is amazing what some people think is reasonable. What a joke!

I particularly liked this bit: ‘The soon-to-be-dad also said that if the couple didn't want to be 'distracted' by people bringing them food, he would 'put a big white cooler in our side yard'

I think his family and friends should fill his big white cooler with big warm brown gifts. And not of the chocolate variety. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Timothy said:

I think his family and friends should fill his big white cooler with big warm brown gifts. And not of the chocolate variety. 

In Philly that just might happen. :)

• Haha 2

I can't believe the nerve! I could understand family and friends bringing some meals over to help, but to make elaborate specific requests with recipes and what kind of ingredients to use? Thirty of them. Then they want maid service! These people are looking for servants not friends. I feel sorry for the baby and the grandparents. I think a lot will fall on them over the years. It doesn't seem like this couple can do much to take care of themselves!

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

A lot of stories like this with over the top requests seem to be click bait fakes. I think there was one with a bridesmaid not that long ago with similar demands.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

A lot of stories like this with over the top requests seem to be click bait fakes. I think there was one with a bridesmaid not that long ago with similar demands.

No. It was on our evening news here. It's all over our news stations. This couple really did this.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

No. It was on our evening news here. It's all over our news stations. This couple really did this.

It was on 29 and will probably be in the Old City paper this week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

It was on 29 and will probably be in the Old City paper this week. 

It was on Channel 6 Philadelphia and our local news channel in Allentown. That's how I knew about it. My second link didn't come in right so I fixed it. The first link I put in is from the UK. Saw one from Australia too. 

None of the broadcasts gave their names. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

It was on Channel 6 Philadelphia and our local news channel in Allentown. That's how I knew about it. My second link didn't come in right so I fixed it. The first link I put in is from the UK. Saw one from Australia too. 

I haven't watched 6 in years. I like watching 3 because Ukee is sooooo uneducated and stupid, he's funny.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

I haven't watched 6 in years. I like watching 3 because Ukee is sooooo uneducated and stupid, he's funny.

Sometimes I watch channel 10, but usually 6.

• Like 1

As the old saying goes, Susie... "They're out there"  :huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In the old country, the elves would have taken the baby to raise and left a cabbage in the crib. Makes you  kinda miss the old country doesn't it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

i do get a bit taken back at some maggots underserved sense of importance and entitlement, this one is good, i recall ( because i know these clowns ) people who did things like ask for a free TV , but nothing under 43" inches please and must be in good condition, good brand hd etc

another, the gal who wanted some cosmetic bodywork on her car she damaged, she didnt want to file for insurance and make her rates increase, and the car runs fine she just doesnt like the dent.

my former buddy such a mooch, he would post on FB ( i heard, i dont fb ) so many requests for hand outs people had to delete him from his friends list, he lied saying he was homeless, his boss had been meeting his vasic needs, and gave him a place to stay, 

now this couple who really shouldnt be breeding not only ask for hand outs but elaborate ones, i find it hilarious they are being made a laughing stock, and likely the attention will be noticed by HRS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, susieice said:

I can't believe the nerve! I could understand family and friends bringing some meals over to help, but to make elaborate specific requests with recipes and what kind of ingredients to use? Thirty of them. Then they want maid service! These people are looking for servants not friends. I feel sorry for the baby and the grandparents. I think a lot will fall on them over the years. It doesn't seem like this couple can do much to take care of themselves!

I have to say I appreciated that hubby got me 6 months of help after baby #2 since baby #1 was under 3. All she did was floors and bathrooms but what a difference that makes. Take note guys....a small gesture goes a long way! :D

• Like 2

Good on yah!  Vexation is good if you dont want any friends. This is why i have started to invoice them. 

• Like 2

AMAZING!!  Upon on reading the Original Post and following the comments, the Option to SPAY and NEUTER seem the most logical approach to Lazy A$$ imbeciles such as these. Apparently the only thing they are capable of is Sex (Most likely had help conducting it as well). I’m a firm believer that an IQ/Moral Standard/Work Ethic/Physical should be implemented before an intended procreation is implemented. If NOT then please review the future of Mankind by the great documentary “IDIOCRACY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, skliss said:

I have to say I appreciated that hubby got me 6 months of help after baby #2 since baby #1 was under 3. All she did was floors and bathrooms but what a difference that makes. Take note guys....a small gesture goes a long way! :D

It is nice that your husband got you help. Mine didn't. But it doesn't seem he felt entitled that everything would be done for free. These people wanted free food and free housekeeping for who knows how long.

21 minutes ago, susieice said:

It is nice that your husband got you help. Mine didn't. But it doesn't seem he felt entitled that everything would be done for free. These people wanted free food and free housekeeping for who knows how long.

No, he paid! And the fact that he even thought to do it is why he's a keeper...lol it's unreal that they believe they have a right to dictate demands. Did they perform these services for others?. Sheesh!

• Like 1

wait, what do you mean, "it is nice that your husband helped",  isn't it how it SUPPOSED to be?????    husband  must be doing as much as you, that is the concept of a family, that is how i was raised and that is how i raise mine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

i've been saying it for years if not decades, parental licensing

The State is already involved in pregnancy and birth. I don't know if trusting them to decide who's fit to be a parent is a good idea...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

wait, what do you mean, "it is nice that your husband helped",  isn't it how it SUPPOSED to be?????    husband  must be doing as much as you, that is the concept of a family, that is how i was raised and that is how i raise mine.

The husband should be picking up all the slack the mother won't be able to. Too often though you see dad fudge off in the beginning cause he can't handle the stress and the lifestyle change. Not always, but I see that a lot

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

A husband should be doing something to help out with the children. I should have said that Skliss' husband also got some additional help with housework because her first child was still so young. That was a very nice thing to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The husband should be picking up all the slack the mother won't be able to. Too often though you see dad fudge off in the beginning cause he can't handle the stress and the lifestyle change. Not always, but I see that a lot

38 minutes ago, susieice said:

A husband should be doing something to help out with the children. I should have said that Skliss' husband also got some additional help with housework because her first child was still so young. That was a very nice thing to do. 

that is why i'm extremely happy i was raised with Jewish and old soviet family values.  where my parents come from men do just as much work at home, and with the kid as a mother, if not more.  but then we do not take a decision to have a kid lightly,   my own mother would choke me to death if i abandoned my wife and kid.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2