Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA classified book on Jesus

marsman

Jesus was a 'scholar who lived in India and was picked up by a UFO on Easter Sunday', claims newly-published book which was classified by the CIA for over 50 years

'The Adam and Eve Story' was written by US Air Force worker Chan Thomas
    Thomas worked as a UFO researcher for an aerospace company in the 1960s
    His book claims Jesus lived in India for several years not mentioned in the Bible
    It also claims Jesus was then abducted by UFOs after his death by crucifixion

A newly-published book previously classified by the CIA claims Jesus was a scholar who lived in India and was abducted by a UFO.

'The Adam and Eve story', a 1966 work by former US Air Force employee Chan Thomas, was only partially published until recently when censored sections of the book were released for the first time in more than 50 years.

In the remarkable text, Thomas claims Jesus lived with the Naga tribe in Northern India for almost 18 years in the period of his life which isn't mentioned in the Bible

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6947201/Jesus-scholar-lived-India-book-classified-CIA-claims.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yeah they can do that. If you have real hoopty do clearances you cannot publish anything without a review and release by the brass. In his case someone didn't like his story I guess, or felt it might be taken as truth due to his job (UFOs) and cause some upset.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Uh, OK.....I read the article but I didn't find where this guy got his information on Jesus. I do believe Jesus studied in India for reasons beyond this guy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Uh, OK.....I read the article but I didn't find where this guy got his information on Jesus. I do believe Jesus studied in India for reasons beyond this guy.

Reading between the lines, knowing what the govt would veto in a published work, he probably infers it is research he learned in his job, Papa. IOW, bull stuff and abusing of his real job, rather like alleged whistle blowers in Area 51. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Reading between the lines, knowing what the govt would veto in a published work, he probably infers it is research he learned in his job, Papa. IOW, bull stuff and abusing of his real job, rather like alleged whistle blowers in Area 51. 

Sooo? Is it alleged alien sourced information about Jesus that he is claiming to reveal?

How would I know? I am talking about the fact that when you carry some clearances you cannot publish without it being reviewed.

Believe what you want about his claims. 

I know of no otherworldly beings who have crashed anything on this planet, let alone been captured or studied or anything of the sort here, and for *ME* I AM the only authority I believe without question.

I assume you are your own authority as well and I do not bother trying to change that in others.

• Like 1

from the article

It then goes on to say that the Genesis story is actually a parable about the collapse of a previous civilization, in an extinction event before Noah's Flood.

I like that, thats fun.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

from the article

I like that, thats fun.

Yeah it sounds fun to read, alternative ideas don't bother me except for his appeal to authority based approach re "hey I had clearances and so listen to me." 

Genesis is such a conglomeration of old tales it can say anything. I was taught by my Grandparents that before this world the dinosaurs and all that were here and were destroyed when the Earth was recreated about 8k years ago. They got that narrative from in there, too.

I just find it interesting how people seem to swap back and forth between demons and ET, and who is good and bad. This guy is one who seems to want to make Jesus into an ET. 

Anyway, I am out of here. I was just commenting on the alleged CIA freeze on his book, and probably should have not posted or bothered. Take care :) 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

from the article

I like that, thats fun.

I'm hypothesizing something like 'Atlantis', seriously. Genesis may be a simplified analogy.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

I love the smell of crayon on butcher paper in the morning. It smells like ... well, it smells.

There is no evidence that the Chan Thomas' book ever had any connection wth the Centtral Intelligence Agency except that somebody there acquired a complete, unredacted copy of the 1965 (short) version. This copy was filed away with assorted clippings from Time magazine,a receipt for auto parts, and apparently some other items still retained by the CIA. The file was classified (presumably as analyst's work product), but these contents were not. The public-source contents of the file, including the book, plus the never-before-seen receipt for auto parts, were released in 2013.

The 1965 version concerns solely the author's theory that episodic pole shifts every few thousand years account for Bible stories and verious archeological and paleological finds. The Jesus stuff comes in later editions. The entire body of the author's work appears to have been self-published in the 1960's and 1970's. Here's an internet archives page:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=thomas chan

Apparently, the Daily Mail got the story from the even more rigorous Daily Star. There's nothing mysterious about the book, nor anything recent about its public availability.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Seriously??? 

Going by the PG ridulous to support ratio, I can see him following such nonsense but really. Jesus in India. For goodness sakes. Isn't this a bad Mormon rip off? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Just tack CIA onto any book, someone'll buy it.

All you have to do is tack Top Secret clearance to the end of someone's name or a document and it's off to the races.... Just because some one has a top secret clearance does not make them privy to everything that's going on....Hell I had a secret clearance in the military but it give me no special privileges it just looks good on paper . Those without a military or defense background find those titles impressive and are wowed by them. Don't let title's fool you folks it's just a way for some in the ufology field to make a buck....And for anyone that wants to read the Declassified Document the OP is speaking of it's here:

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP79B00752A000300070001-8.pdf

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 5

From what I have read nothing in that book is in any way shocking or original. Claims like that about Jesus (that he travelled to India at some point, possibly escaping there after his, supposedly faked ressurection, that he was an alien/in cahoots with aliens, the prior civilization thing.) have been made since the whole UFO/New Age thing started.

Also "oooooooh wow...CIA classified" What would that even mean in the rest of the world that isn't the US? :rolleyes:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

From what I have read nothing in that book is in any way shocking or original. Claims like that about Jesus (that he travelled to India at some point, possibly escaping there after his, supposedly faked ressurection, that he was an alien/in cahoots with aliens, the prior civilization thing.) have been made since the whole UFO/New Age thing started.

Also "oooooooh wow...CIA classified" What would that even mean in the rest of the world that isn't the US? :rolleyes:

Also "oooooooh wow...CIA classified" What would that even mean in the rest of the world that isn't the US?

It don't...Just some in the US are impressed with the words "Top Secret".....Knowing very little about what or how it takes to get such a clearance...Hell if I recall it took me like 4 months to get a Secret clearance.

• Like 2

I see that the 1993 edition of this book is listed on Abebooks for as much as £577 :o  

I find Hans Christen Anderson's fairy tales to be somewhat more realistic though :D 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Seriously??? 

Going by the PG ridulous to support ratio, I can see him following such nonsense but really. Jesus in India. For goodness sakes. Isn't this a bad Mormon rip off? 

Not Mormon says PG, but legends and records in the Himalayan region as well as consistent insight from a good number of psychic sources that I find worthy of respect. India/Himalayans was a hot bed of deeper spiritual and philosophical insight then as I believe it is today. 

I absolutely have to read this book, it sounds like a hilariously entertaining read.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Man, when I saw this thread, I thought this has got to a an old thread that was necro posted on, but no.... this is a actual current thread.

Anyway... sounds like real mumbo jumbo b.s. 

I would find it funny though if there came out aliens were real AND also that Jesus was real. At the same time. :lol: One proving the other. 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Man, when I saw this thread, I thought this has got to a an old thread that was necro posted on, but no.... this is a actual current thread.

Anyway... sounds like real mumbo jumbo b.s. 

I would find it funny though if there came out aliens were real AND also that Jesus was real. At the same time. :lol: One proving the other. 

i believe none of it

but theres a curios biblical phrase.....

im not of this world

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, marsman said:

No less convincing than the bible.

Then again, when your options are between resurrection/flying off to heaven versus resurrection/taken by aliens, it probably doesn't matter much.

Edited by Horta
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horta said:

No less convincing than the bible.

Then again, when your options are between resurrection or aliens, that probably doesn't matter much.

my beliefs are simple....when we die.....thats it....we wont even know it.....dust to dust

1 minute ago, marsman said:

my beliefs are simple....when we die.....thats it....we wont even know it.....dust to dust

That does appear the most likely scenario. Sure going to be peaceful at least lol.

• Like 1

On 23.4.2019 at 12:59 PM, Orphalesion said:

In the conspiracy world it seems that the US government is the only government, NASA is the only space agency and the CIA is the only intelligence agency. 

There are actually quite a large number of intelligence agencies in the US alone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:United_States_intelligence_agencies I guess they are all part of  the big "Them".

• Like 2