Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

55 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

US President Donald Trump will make a state visit to the UK in early June, Buckingham Palace is expected to announce later.

The president was promised the visit by Prime Minister Theresa May after he was elected in 2016 - but no date was set.

Downing Street did not comment on the matter when contacted by the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48020410

Quote

The US president is likely to meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace and to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day landings in France.

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-planning-state-visit-to-uk-in-june-11701257

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
11 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

The US president is likely to meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace and to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day landings in France.

.....Weather permitting...

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

excellent whenever the President of the USofA visits the 51st state.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute

We've got plenty of time to re-inflate the Trump Baby.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
1 minute ago, acute said:

We've got plenty of time to re-inflate the Trump Baby.

when that trump baby grows older he'll be ashamed of his actions, he'll look back and think i let myself down.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters

Update:

Quote

Donald Trump will make a three-day state visit to the UK from 3 June, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.

The Queen invited the president and his wife to the UK from 3 June until 5 June, and the US leader has accepted.

Further details of the programme will be announced in due course.

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trumps-state-visit-to-uk-confirmed-for-3-5-june-11701383

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton

I hear Philip is driving him from the airport... 

  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

It should be fun to watch the media coverage of the event.  Juggling facts, dancing around truths, and my favorite - laughing at totally inappropriate jokes about a world leader.  And that's just OUR media  :w00t:  I wonder if he'll ask the Queen about MI6 and their role in the investigation into his campaign?  Now, THAT would be fun to listen in on :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
28 minutes ago, Setton said:

I hear Philip is driving him from the airport... 

I so hope there is a microphone in the limo to catch their dry senses of humour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

excellent whenever the President of the USofA visits the 51st state.

 

Well thats one way of finally getting out of the EU.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

why? what is the purpose? it seems more like  UK is closer to an opponent than an ally. i'd skip the visit.  send the queen trumps, wedding video if she wants to see him and his wife.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters
Quote

Jeremy Corbyn turns down invitation to Trump state dinner

Mr Corbyn says Theresa May should not be rolling out the red carpet for the US president

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-turns-down-invite-to-trump-state-dinner-11704225

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
47 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

 

Good for him sticking to his morals but I'd have loved to see them in the same room. Probably need an interpreter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
On 4/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, aztek said:

why? what is the purpose?

Because the President can't ride in a royal carriage in the US yet.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Because the President can't ride in a royal carriage in the US yet.

it is as disappointing as not be able to drive a ugo, lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
On 4/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, aztek said:

why? what is the purpose? it seems more like  UK is closer to an opponent than an ally. i'd skip the visit. 

This part I don't get aztek.  The UK has stuck with us.  Theresa May was one of the first to come to DC for a personal meeting to congratulate the new President.  Why unload on the UK?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

This part I don't get aztek.  The UK has stuck with us.  Theresa May was one of the first to come to DC for a personal meeting to congratulate the new President.  Why unload on the UK?

seriously, you have to ask?   how many links should i post that show how hostile uk gvmnt is to trump? (post 12 is just 1 example)  keep in mind i do not care about the man himself but when another country disrespects presidency like that, they deserve no less in return. it seems like the only sane person there is the queen. 

yes May was first to congratulate,  a formality, says really nothing. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, aztek said:

how many links should i post that show how hostile uk gvmnt is to trump

A GOOGLE?!?!?!?!??!

Yep-    The neverending story.

neverending_story_ver3.jpg&sp=33a20442750ad520d3e508d2f4825286
The SHOW MUST GO ON !

giphy.gif&sp=c80f31797689821aa6a671760f4

giphy.gif&sp=4e2d062842d31d5743adcd305b705025

*crickets*

. . . . .  . . . ..  no--

 tickets .

Edited by MWoo7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, aztek said:

seriously, you have to ask?   how many links should i post that show how hostile uk gvmnt is to trump? (post 12 is just 1 example)  

Jeremy Corbyn is, of course, not part of the government... 

But don't let facts get in the way, will you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
9 minutes ago, Setton said:

Jeremy Corbyn is, of course, not part of the government... 

But don't let facts get in the way, will you? 

To quote Sir Humphrey Appleby, “the opposition isn’t the real opposition, it’s the government in exile. The real opposition is the civil service”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, aztek said:

it seems like the only sane person there is the queen. 

yes May was first to congratulate,  a formality, says really nothing. 

A formality?  She showed up.  She didn't have to do it.  It was a sign of respect.  Yeah, a lot of Brits don't like Trump.  They are not the government.  They are not the ones we talk to about war and peace, they don't decide to send troops to aid the US overseas or not.  Don't they have troops alongside ours in Syria and Afghanistan?

This from a year ago:

UK may double troops in Afghanistan after Donald Trump request   US asks for reinforcements after Taliban resurgence

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/18/uk-may-double-troops-in-afghanistan-after-donald-trump-request

They stuck with us when a lot of countries didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
50 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

A formality?  She showed up.  She didn't have to do it.  It was a sign of respect.  Yeah, a lot of Brits don't like Trump.  They are not the government.  They are not the ones we talk to about war and peace, they don't decide to send troops to aid the US overseas or not.  Don't they have troops alongside ours in Syria and Afghanistan?

This from a year ago:

UK may double troops in Afghanistan after Donald Trump request   US asks for reinforcements after Taliban resurgence

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/18/uk-may-double-troops-in-afghanistan-after-donald-trump-request

They stuck with us when a lot of countries didn't.

Not to mention the slack we'll be picking up in Syria and Iraq as the US pulls out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

I thought most people wanted us to mind our own business? That's what they say anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee

 

For the Leader of the Opposition.... Jeremy Corbyn and the Speaker of the House.... John Bercow.
to refuse invitations to attend the Queen's State Banquet for President Trump when he comes to
the UK..... is so pathetic...

what kind of immature playground politics are they playing 

these two men obviously have no place in political High Office when they snub the democratically
elected president of the United States like this.... 

oooo I don't like him..... oooo he said this...... oooo he said that.....

seriously Corbyn and Bercow.... grow up, stop embarrassing the country and feeding Trump Derangement
Syndrome..

<_<

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.