Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

Still Waters

US President Donald Trump will make a state visit to the UK in early June, Buckingham Palace is expected to announce later.

The president was promised the visit by Prime Minister Theresa May after he was elected in 2016 - but no date was set.

Downing Street did not comment on the matter when contacted by the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48020410

The US president is likely to meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace and to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day landings in France.

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-planning-state-visit-to-uk-in-june-11701257

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

excellent whenever the President of the USofA visits the 51st state.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, acute said:

We've got plenty of time to re-inflate the Trump Baby.

when that trump baby grows older he'll be ashamed of his actions, he'll look back and think i let myself down.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Update:

Donald Trump will make a three-day state visit to the UK from 3 June, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.

The Queen invited the president and his wife to the UK from 3 June until 5 June, and the US leader has accepted.

Further details of the programme will be announced in due course.

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trumps-state-visit-to-uk-confirmed-for-3-5-june-11701383

• Thanks 2

It should be fun to watch the media coverage of the event.  Juggling facts, dancing around truths, and my favorite - laughing at totally inappropriate jokes about a world leader.  And that's just OUR media  :w00t:  I wonder if he'll ask the Queen about MI6 and their role in the investigation into his campaign?  Now, THAT would be fun to listen in on :) 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Setton said:

I hear Philip is driving him from the airport... 

I so hope there is a microphone in the limo to catch their dry senses of humour.

5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

excellent whenever the President of the USofA visits the 51st state.

Well thats one way of finally getting out of the EU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

why? what is the purpose? it seems more like  UK is closer to an opponent than an ally. i'd skip the visit.  send the queen trumps, wedding video if she wants to see him and his wife.

• Confused 2

Jeremy Corbyn turns down invitation to Trump state dinner

Mr Corbyn says Theresa May should not be rolling out the red carpet for the US president

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-turns-down-invite-to-trump-state-dinner-11704225

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Good for him sticking to his morals but I'd have loved to see them in the same room. Probably need an interpreter. 

On 4/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, aztek said:

why? what is the purpose?

Because the President can't ride in a royal carriage in the US yet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Because the President can't ride in a royal carriage in the US yet.

it is as disappointing as not be able to drive a ugo, lol

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, aztek said:

why? what is the purpose? it seems more like  UK is closer to an opponent than an ally. i'd skip the visit. 

This part I don't get aztek.  The UK has stuck with us.  Theresa May was one of the first to come to DC for a personal meeting to congratulate the new President.  Why unload on the UK?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

This part I don't get aztek.  The UK has stuck with us.  Theresa May was one of the first to come to DC for a personal meeting to congratulate the new President.  Why unload on the UK?

seriously, you have to ask?   how many links should i post that show how hostile uk gvmnt is to trump? (post 12 is just 1 example)  keep in mind i do not care about the man himself but when another country disrespects presidency like that, they deserve no less in return. it seems like the only sane person there is the queen. 

yes May was first to congratulate,  a formality, says really nothing. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

how many links should i post that show how hostile uk gvmnt is to trump

A GOOGLE?!?!?!?!??!

Yep-    The neverending story.

neverending_story_ver3.jpg&sp=33a20442750ad520d3e508d2f4825286
The SHOW MUST GO ON !

giphy.gif&sp=c80f31797689821aa6a671760f4

giphy.gif&sp=4e2d062842d31d5743adcd305b705025

*crickets*

. . . . .  . . . ..  no--

tickets .

Edited by MWoo7

1 hour ago, aztek said:

seriously, you have to ask?   how many links should i post that show how hostile uk gvmnt is to trump? (post 12 is just 1 example)  

Jeremy Corbyn is, of course, not part of the government... 

But don't let facts get in the way, will you? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

Jeremy Corbyn is, of course, not part of the government... 

But don't let facts get in the way, will you? 

To quote Sir Humphrey Appleby, “the opposition isn’t the real opposition, it’s the government in exile. The real opposition is the civil service”

1 hour ago, aztek said:

it seems like the only sane person there is the queen. 

yes May was first to congratulate,  a formality, says really nothing. 

A formality?  She showed up.  She didn't have to do it.  It was a sign of respect.  Yeah, a lot of Brits don't like Trump.  They are not the government.  They are not the ones we talk to about war and peace, they don't decide to send troops to aid the US overseas or not.  Don't they have troops alongside ours in Syria and Afghanistan?

This from a year ago:

UK may double troops in Afghanistan after Donald Trump request   US asks for reinforcements after Taliban resurgence

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/18/uk-may-double-troops-in-afghanistan-after-donald-trump-request

They stuck with us when a lot of countries didn't.

50 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

A formality?  She showed up.  She didn't have to do it.  It was a sign of respect.  Yeah, a lot of Brits don't like Trump.  They are not the government.  They are not the ones we talk to about war and peace, they don't decide to send troops to aid the US overseas or not.  Don't they have troops alongside ours in Syria and Afghanistan?

This from a year ago:

UK may double troops in Afghanistan after Donald Trump request   US asks for reinforcements after Taliban resurgence

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/18/uk-may-double-troops-in-afghanistan-after-donald-trump-request

They stuck with us when a lot of countries didn't.

Not to mention the slack we'll be picking up in Syria and Iraq as the US pulls out. 

• Like 1

I thought most people wanted us to mind our own business? That's what they say anyway.

For the Leader of the Opposition.... Jeremy Corbyn and the Speaker of the House.... John Bercow.
to refuse invitations to attend the Queen's State Banquet for President Trump when he comes to
the UK..... is so pathetic...

what kind of immature playground politics are they playing 

these two men obviously have no place in political High Office when they snub the democratically
elected president of the United States like this.... 

oooo I don't like him..... oooo he said this...... oooo he said that.....

seriously Corbyn and Bercow.... grow up, stop embarrassing the country and feeding Trump Derangement
Syndrome..

<_<

• Like 3