Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

Still Waters

5 hours ago, aztek said:

So they debated something. Shame that's such an alien concept to you. You realise they're obliged to because of the number of signatures the petition gathered? 

And you'll also see, no doubt, that they decided to let the visit go ahead anyway. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest:

A 16ft talking robot of Donald Trump sitting on a gold toilet is being shipped to the UK ahead of protests against the US president's state visit.

American Don Lessem paid $25,000 (£19,500) of his own money to make the robot, which spouts phrases often used by the president - including "I'm a very stable genius" and "no collusion". It will also break wind.

Mr Trump is due to visit the UK between 3 and 5 June for talks with Prime Minister Theresa May.

Mr Lessem, 67, from Philadelphia, worked with a factory in China which builds mechanical dinosaur models to sell to zoos and museums.

https://news.sky.com/story/a-giant-robot-of-trump-sat-on-a-toilet-to-visit-uk-for-protest-11721909

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, Tatetopa said:

This part I don't get aztek.  The UK has stuck with us.  Theresa May was one of the first to come to DC for a personal meeting to congratulate the new President.  Why unload on the UK?

We arent opposed to Trump.

We have a similar problem here where people think that if they shout the loudest they represent the views of everyone else. Just as Trump is popular in the USA (he got elected to be President after all) we have a lot of people here that like him too. Mrs May isn't against Trump, she tactfully avoids being sucked into conversations with the hate Trump brigade.

Let them cry, they lost in the election so its irrelevant. And they arent subverting our Democracies just to get what they want.

• Thanks 1

On 23/04/2019 at 6:24 PM, aztek said:

why? what is the purpose? it seems more like  UK is closer to an opponent than an ally. i'd skip the visit.  send the queen trumps, wedding video if she wants to see him and his wife.

This is just a silly comment, there's probably more Americans on this site that oppose Trump than Brits, as there's more Americans in America that oppose him than Brits here.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2019 at 12:13 AM, Michelle said:

I thought most people wanted us to mind our own business? That's what they say anyway.

Your last president removed Churchill's bust from his office and claimed the UK was 'was back of the line' so you can understand why some would feel this way, but the left in the UK are no different from the left in the USA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2019 at 6:10 PM, bee said:

For the Leader of the Opposition.... Jeremy Corbyn and the Speaker of the House.... John Bercow.
to refuse invitations to attend the Queen's State Banquet for President Trump when he comes to
the UK..... is so pathetic...

what kind of immature playground politics are they playing 

these two men obviously have no place in political High Office when they snub the democratically
elected president of the United States like this.... 

oooo I don't like him..... oooo he said this...... oooo he said that.....

seriously Corbyn and Bercow.... grow up, stop embarrassing the country and feeding Trump Derangement
Syndrome..

<_<

I see your opinion here and that you have a right to let people know when you don’t approve of something.

I am just going to respect your right to show disapproval and leave it at that.

13 hours ago, Kismit said:

I see your opinion here and that you have a right to let people know when you don’t approve of something.

I am just going to respect your right to show disapproval and leave it at that.

How............condescending of you.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, skliss said:

How............condescending of you.....

It was irony skliss. If people believe we should have governments that do not freely challenge each other, then they are not really thinking through the consequences of having an unchallenged government.

people have a right to disapprove, even Bee. And it is incredibly ironic that she wood strongly voice her disapproval of someone else’ Right to voice their disapproval.

• Like 2

I'm not particularly fussed about a visit by Donald Trump. 

On the other hand, I am delighted that we are going to have a state visit by the President of the United States :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kismit said:

It was irony skliss. If people believe we should have governments that do not freely challenge each other, then they are not really thinking through the consequences of having an unchallenged government.

people have a right to disapprove, even Bee. And it is incredibly ironic that she wood strongly voice her disapproval of someone else’ Right to voice their disapproval.

there's a difference for me, as a private citizen expressing disapproval on an internet forum...
and for politicians holding high office as public servants, financed by the tax payer....
taking a deliberate and calculated pot shot at the President of the US.... to snub him and
to try and humiliate him.....  for no good reason... other than some immature attitude towards
Trump as an individual ... and I presume without any care about shoring up discord and encouraging
more trouble on the streets of London during Trump's visit...

Vast numbers of people have lost their minds and any sense of reason when it comes to Trump because of the 
MSM campaign against him by his political enemies (ie emanating mainly from those covertly following the
Globalist Agenda)....... ..

for the Speaker of the House, the leader of the opposition AND the leader of the Lib Dems to refuse an
invitation to the State Banquet is, under the circumstances, IMO, irresponsible and indulgent -

don't they know anything about diplomacy...?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bee said:

for politicians holding high office as public servants, financed by the tax payer....
taking a deliberate and calculated pot shot at the President of the US.... to snub him and
to try and humiliate him...

Maybe it is more official  than that.   It may be that the British government felt snubbed and humiliated by President Trump's last visit and public remarks.  It might be a tit for tat exchange. Theresa May, the Queen, and Ms. May's close advisers couldn't get away with it, but maybe a loose cannon gets a nod and a wink.

34 minutes ago, bee said:

If they had known anything about diplomacy they would have quietly not bothered to invite him back after his last visit. I don't have time to search for the quotes but I seem to remember that some of  his (less than diplomatic) comments during his last visit were a little awkward for the British PM.

I see it is suggested he wants to meet the Irish Pm at his golf club rather than the venue suggested by the Irish. The Irish should resist this for very obvious reasons. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe it is more official  than that.   It may be that the British government felt snubbed and humiliated by President Trump's last visit and public remarks.  It might be a tit for tat exchange. Theresa May, the Queen, and Ms. May's close advisers couldn't get away with it, but maybe a loose cannon gets a nod and a wink.

ahhhhhhh I see now...... it may be a conspiracy, probably lead by the Queen and Prince Phillip...
hatched in the depths of Winsor Castle over lunch with Teresa May...

and secret notes (written with lemon juice that you have to hold up to the heat of the fire to become legible)
dispatched to Bercow, Corbyn and Cable telling them about the fiendish plot.... 

yeah that'll be it.... :innocent:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

If they had known anything about diplomacy they would have quietly not bothered to invite him back after his last visit. I don't have time to search for the quotes but I seem to remember that some of  his (less than diplomatic) comments during his last visit were a little awkward for the British PM.

I see it is suggested he wants to meet the Irish Pm at his golf club rather than the venue suggested by the Irish. The Irish should resist this for very obvious reasons. 

oh heaven forbid that he might make comments a little awkward for the British PM...  

I thought you would have approved of that anyway.... ;)

On 23/04/2019 at 6:24 PM, aztek said:

why? what is the purpose? it seems more like  UK is closer to an opponent than an ally. i'd skip the visit.  send the queen trumps, wedding video if she wants to see him and his wife.

yes, look how the UK has opposed every single foreign policy adventure the US has done for the last 20 years .... :wacko: 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 5:58 PM, Gromdor said:

Sounding like Trump may skip Ireland because the Prime Minister doesn't want to meet at one of his golf courses: https://theweek.com/speedreads/842056/trump-might-reportedly-skip-ireland-trip-because-prime-minister-wont-meet-golf-course

Well, I've heard  he may visit Northern Ireland because he's a big supporter of the Orangemen ... 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Well, I've heard  he may visit Northern Ireland because he's a big supporter of the Orangemen ... 

Grooaaaaaaan

2 hours ago, bee said:

there's a difference for me, as a private citizen expressing disapproval on an internet forum...
and for politicians holding high office as public servants, financed by the tax payer....
to try and humiliate him.....  for no good reason... other than some immature attitude towards
Trump as an individual ... and I presume without any care about shoring up discord and encouraging
more trouble on the streets of London during Trump's visit...

Vast numbers of people have lost their minds and any sense of reason when it comes to Trump because of the 
MSM campaign against him by his political enemies (ie emanating mainly from those covertly following the
Globalist Agenda)....... ..

for the Speaker of the House, the leader of the opposition AND the leader of the Lib Dems to refuse an
invitation to the State Banquet is, under the circumstances, IMO, irresponsible and indulgent -

Put it this way,(and I am not saying that the people are truly comparable) if a certain Prince was to visit America after being implicated in the murder of an American journalist do American politicians have the right to voice disapproval?

Or say if the head of a foreign phone company which (the company) had been caught placing spying software in their phones, comes to renegotiate the sale of their phones in America do American politicians have a right to disapprove of the visit? 

You need opposition to at least attempt a level of honesty and integrity. You cannot expect anyone to thrive surrounded by yes men in an echo chamber. 

You dont have to agree with them, but opposing voices are important.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kismit said:

You dont have to agree with them, but opposing voices are important.

like er duh.... of course...

but there's a time and a place for everything and sometimes diplomatic protocol is the more mature course of action...
instead of indulgent virtue signalling... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

yes, look how the UK has opposed every single foreign policy adventure the US has done for the last 20 years .... :wacko: 

it make 0 difference what happened before,  they do not make it about foreign policies from the last 20 years, it is about our president now,  it is clearly personal, so you only reinforce my opinion.

Edited by aztek

12 minutes ago, aztek said:

it make 0 difference what happened before,  they do not make it about foreign policies from the last 20 years, it is about our president now,  it is clearly personal, so you only reinforce my opinion.

So being rude to the Big Orange Bully is enough to make a country an Enemy of the United States(TM), is it? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

So being rude to the Big Orange Bully is enough to make a country an Enemy of the United States(TM), is it? 

it is enough not pay any visit. if your politicians can't even act civilized, why bother.  presidents come and go, disrespecting presidency is a good reason to keep you away, until you learn proper manners. 

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

if your politicians can't even act civilized, why bother. 

My word, you can talk, look at yours. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

My word, you can talk, look at yours. 

what about him?   has he try to ban any president from anywhere in the world to visit usa? nope,  he acts a lot better than bunch of your dimwits .

and you prove my point once again, you can't see that current president and the presidency are 2 different things

Edited by aztek