Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

Still Waters

22 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Those Americans are our friends and our blood.

So are the Anglo-Saxon Germans.

And your monarchy is German too! Changed its name from Saxe-Coburg & Gotha to Windsor. Your royals cannot deny their German blood.

22 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Those Germans are just waiting for the opportunity lol.

Opportunity to do what?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Can they not clear the streets of the left-wing unwashed riff raff? We want Trump to fully enjoy his visit here so that we have the offer of a substantial free trade agreement. That will help placate those concerned if we go for No Deal Brexit.

Yes, bring in the water cannon (ok, the British police don;t have any but I'm sure they could borrow some from the Germans) to clear the streets of any dissenting opinion! Only Officially Approved expressions of adulation can be allowed!

Doesn't this rather remind you of the way that totalitarian states have typically behaved? Doesn't that worry you just slightly? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The far-left approach to politics has become about not talking to anybody who doesnt agree with you

"can they not clear the streets of left wing riff raff"? Remember that quote? Now who said that? You seem to want, not only to not talk to them, but to eradicate them entirely (ok, only temporarily for now, into, say, internment camps perhaps, to be fair.) :hmm: 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Those Americans are our friends and our blood.

Those Germans are just waiting for the opportunity lol.

You are not familiar, or spoke rashly or are willfully ignoring the history of Europe and bloodline of the House of Windsor?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

ok, the British police don;t have any but I'm sure they could borrow some from the Germans

Did the British Police in N Ireland give theirs up?

sorry just that people seem to frequently forget NI is British, even if things like water cannons can't be used in Britain they can and are/were in NI.

Edited by RAyMO

2 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Pop goes the balloon.

‘Stop resisting’: Woman arrested for stabbing Trump baby balloon in London

The good stuff starts at about 50 seconds :lol:

They did have these ,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humber_Pig

• Squirt Pig — fitted with a water cannon beside driver for riot control.
  • Foaming Pig — fitted with a foam generator to diffuse bomb blasts.

but I don't think any are still in service 

9 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

We want Trump to fully enjoy his visit here so that we have the offer of a substantial free trade agreement

One sided, with less democratic control,  and less rights for UK courts than at any time under the EU deal.

Edited by RAyMO

8 hours ago, skliss said:

I notice all the time that whenever he mets with people, even those that profess to not like him, they seem to respond positively to him...supposedly in person he's very charming, nothing like the media portrays 

I've no doubt that in person he's nothing like the media portrays... as they are in the business of smearing and
demonizing him.... and their constant harping and negative spin seems to be causing a kind of emotional
illness in susceptible people... hence the Trump Derangement Syndrome thing - it  does appear to be
a real kind of mental illness that the MSM and their lackey's have fostered and revel in... :hmm:

they know exactly what they are doing and are unleashing a negative force that is making many people loose
their minds and ability to think critically - there is something dark and dangerous that can lurk in the
human psyche that is usually  smoothed out by civilized life and the rule of law... but I feel that these
dark and dangerous elements are deliberately being encouraged and weaponized by the political elite
and god knows who... to further an agenda that is covert and outside the scrutiny of the democratic
system... 

sorry nearly went off on another mini rant there... :) 

And I've seen 5 or 6 articles solely about Melanias outfits and completely making fun of her and them. I think she looks great.

I think she looked great as well.... if she had been any other President's wife she would be plastered on the
front pages of all the Media outlets day after day... because of how photogenic she is..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Yes, bring in the water cannon (ok, the British police don;t have any but I'm sure they could borrow some from the Germans) to clear the streets of any dissenting opinion!

They need something after the "environmentalists" left so much trash after their protest. Not to mention the "anti-hate" groups threatening Trump supporters.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-uk-visit-latest-protesters-wetherspoons-trafalgar-square-whitehall-nazi-scum-a8943351.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:
  • Squirt Pig — fitted with a water cannon beside driver for riot control.
  • Foaming Pig — fitted with a foam generator to diffuse bomb blasts.

Those names are a bit on the nose for police apparatus no?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Yes, bring in the water cannon (ok, the British police don;t have any but I'm sure they could borrow some from the Germans) to clear the streets of any dissenting opinion!

No, I dont think RM thought about water cannons but of folks wearing brown shirts, brown breeches, polished black riding boots and stupid caps. Because they are flink wie Windhunde, which is an advantage in street fighting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I enjoyed Carl Benjamin's commentary in vid below... oh and the Trump Baby Blimp getting popped... the
police moved in really fast to make an arrest... I expect Carl Benjamin and Tommy Robinson
wish they had been so enthusiastic to arrest someone when they had milkshake thrown over
them... <_<

Trump's State Visit Causes an SJW Meltdown

"The politically correct establishment in Britain has gone nuts. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

So are the Anglo-Saxon Germans.

And your monarchy is German too! Changed its name from Saxe-Coburg & Gotha to Windsor. Your royals cannot deny their German blood.

Opportunity to do what?!

The last British monarch not to be born here was in 1683 before America was independent. 

50 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

The last British monarch not to be born here was in 1683 before America was independent. 

So what?! American independence has no bearing on genetic composition. You said the Americans are your 'friends and blood' while rejecting Germany. There's more German blood in the US than there is in Britain.

Oh, jawohl, mein Herr! That last British monarch not born in Britain was a German Hanoverian who couldn't even speak English as his native tongue. He was reared in Germany, only arrived in England when he was 31 years old and had to learn the language. The Hanoverian court under George I spoke German. Why do you think posh hooray Henry's say 'yaw' (German 'ja') instead of yes?

Edited by Ozymandias

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I know right?The far-left approach to politics has become about not talking to anybody who doesnt agree with you.

Yet its Trump who's claimed to. Have turned down a meeting with Corbyn. Curious. 

With that approach, Corbyn would isolate our country from several big players around the world including our loyal ally the USA.

Loyal? I can think of plenty of times we've come to their aid when called on. Can't think of a single example of them coming to ours when needed. 

It's past time we started viewing the US the way they view us - an expedient ally whose interests sometimes align with ours. 

That would damage our economy, our interests, and our world standing. No thanks.

Yet you're for leaving the EU. Curiouser and curiouser. 

What is really offensive is to listen to Corbyn and Khan claiming a monopoly on British values and that Trump goes against them. Trump is what the majority of this country want never mind the USA. Can he not stand in our elections as well as the USA ones?

So they don't get to say what British values are but you get to speak for the rest of the country? 

I'm willing to bet you don't have anything to back up your claim that the majority of our people want someone like Trump. Most of our countrymen won't betray our country as easily as you apparently would. 

9 hours ago, Setton said:

Loyal? I can think of plenty of times we've come to their aid when called on. Can't think of a single example of them coming to ours when needed. 

To be fair, Roosevelt did everything he could in the face of the isolationist movement.

6 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

To be fair, Roosevelt did everything he could in the face of the isolationist movement.

Which just shows how the US (as a country, not the president) views our alliance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Yet its Trump who's claimed to. Have turned down a meeting with Corbyn. Curious. 

That seems a trifle harsh ! What about the Falklands ? 

32 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That seems a trifle harsh ! What about the Falklands ? 

What about the Falklands? The US did everything it could to stay out of that conflict. How many US lives did they put on the line to defend our territory when it was under attack?

Yet we gave away hundreds of ours to topple a regime that had never and could not threaten American soil. And now we're expected to do the same again. Its about time the US either started treating its allies as such or fought its own wars.