Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

Still Waters

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Like i said when the freedom of Europe was challenged Rep. Ireland decided not to act. Even when the full horrors were revealed and countries where falling like domino's. and as the greatest invasion was being planned by the allied forces to liberation Still nothing.

You post a list in the hope your country will be lost. But we all know you ahit out.

Opinion!!! Is that all you got?

I'll say it again in case you were too thick the first time to understand my simple point. Every non-belligerent country in Europe CHOSE NEUTRALITY. Even the USA did so and remained neutral until attacked by Germany's ally Japan. 

Some countries although nominally neutral were in favour of one side or the other. Ireland was pro-Allied. 

Nothing you can say changes the facts, but only exposes your prejudice.

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

'll say it again in case you were too thick the first time to understand my simple point. Every non-belligerent country in Europe CHOSE NEUTRALITY.

Until they were invaded by Hitler, unless they were useful enough (like Sweden and Switzerland) to remain neutral. Adolf wasn't necessarily too much of a respecter of neutrality if it suited his purposes to seize them. 

46 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Firstly it is known that Ireland hid and helped Nazi war criminals escape at the end of WW2. Maybe it was a route Hitler used to make it to Argentina? Or maybe it was Franco Spain? Or maybe the Vatican?  Regardless of who helped the Fuhrer it is fact that Ireland hid and helped some of the worlds sickest people:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1538969/Ireland-welcomed-Hitlers-henchmen.html

Next, Ireland was officially neutral but thousands of their young men fought for Britain (and got treated poorly when they returned for it) and thousands fought for Hitler. The IRA officially supported the Nazis. Here are a couple of websites I found:

http://www.markhumphrys.com/sfira.nazis.html 

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-soldier-who-fought-for-germany-dies-at-89-26819022.html

These are all well known cases in Ireland. The Irish government or its agents did not harbour or help these people but actively opposed them if they knew about them. The Irish government imprisoned IRA agents and members during the war and executed 7 of them. Your claim that thousands fought for Hitler is nonsense. There were a handful, that all. 

The Allies knowingly employed, protected and used Nazis after the war and there were many in Britain, especially among the upper classes, who were very enamoured and supportive of Hitler.

Edited by Ozymandias

Certainly very many Irish did choose to fight for Britain,. Some 70,000 citizens of Ireland served in the British armed forces during the war, together with another 50,000 from Northern Ireland.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/in-service-to-their-country-moving-tales-of-irishmen-who-fought-in-wwii-350818.html

• Like 2

Though I've rather forgotten what what all this has to do with the Emperor Donald . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

SAdly, I can't view that story. The AOL cookie policy is deliberately designed to prevent you restricting the sites cookie activity. It is unethical, and I won't accept it. 

A quick google on 'Melania Trump Sunglasses' doesn't reveal anything critical, leading me to believe this particular piece of nonsense is something created by AOL, rather than being a general theme. 

Edited by RoofGardener

On 6/6/2019 at 8:42 PM, RoofGardener said:

SAdly, I can't view that story. The cookie policy is deliberately designed to prevent you restricting the sites cookie activity. It is unethical, and I won't accept it. 

A quick google on 'Melania Trump Sunglasses' doesn't reveal anything critical, leading me to believe this particular piece of nonsense is something created by AOL, rather than being a general theme. 

I'm sorry to hear that. let me copy & paste it for you. (Do you mean you're so rebellious as to not automatically click "I accept", or as it's also known "Oh shut the *** up"?) 

Melania Trump under fire for not removing her sunglasses during D-Day commemoration: 'Disrespectful'

After a three-day visit to London and a day in Ireland, the Trumps landed in Normandy, France, ...

The moving speech, however, was seemingly obscured by what the first lady was wearing. Melania, dressed in all-black Dior, kept her sunglasses on throughout the ceremony -- a move that was called out by many to be "disrespectful" and "rude."

"Not appropriate at these ceremonies," wrote one Twitter user. "Melania needs to take the dang sunglasses off. It's rude! Yes, I'm a little old fashioned," wrote another.

Some Twitter users even questioned if it was the first lady behind the glasses, alluding to the ongoing conspiracy theory that the first lady uses a body double.

"May as well drag a double around. Nobody could know the difference," tweeted one observer. Said another, "Sunglasses in strange settings is always the giveaway for me. Plus she sets her jaw even harder than Melania does."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/melania-trump-under-fire-not-112100938.html?

:rolleyes: 

On 6/6/2019 at 8:47 PM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I'm sorry to hear that. let me copy & paste it for you. (Do you mean you're so rebellious as to not automatically click "I accept", or as it's also known "Oh shut the *** up"?) 

Melania Trump under fire for not removing her sunglasses during D-Day commemoration: 'Disrespectful'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/melania-trump-under-fire-not-112100938.html?

:rolleyes: 

LOL.. I suspected that's what it would be all about. 

Curiously, no other media outlet seems to have noticed this flagrant assault on the Dignity of France and Britain.

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

That's some hard hitting journalism that is lol

does not matter what she 'd wear, what she'd do, media would always find it inappropriate, rude........ media is  FAKE NEWS

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Opinion!!! Is that all you got?

I'll say it again in case you were too thick the first time to understand my simple point. Every non-belligerent country in Europe CHOSE NEUTRALITY. Even the USA did so and remained neutral until attacked by Germany's ally Japan. 

Some countries although nominally neutral were in favour of one side or the other. Ireland was pro-Allied. 

Nothing you can say changes the facts, but only exposes your prejudice.

When the chips were down and freedom was on the line, the Rep Ireland govt decided not to fight. - were they hoping in the event of Herr Hitler invading the UK that Ireland would be spared? and it wasn't a war for oil, it was a fight for our way of life our freedom, our existence and freedom of europe. there is no excuse for Ireland refusing to fight when everyone around them was locked in mortal combat. No one wanted to go to war to fight, but it had to be done and thankfully others decided to fight and not sit it out. It shows when the most serious of situations arise Ireland and its people cannot be relied upon. shameful. so just think before you start lecturing others or have a pop at the Allies whose youth paid heavily in blood, to do a job your own govt refused to do.

Edited by stevewinn

On 06/06/2019 at 5:50 PM, and then said:

Is the United Kingdom considered to be energy independent?  Does the North Sea, for example, provide all you need?  How about the trade you do with other nations that might be seriously harmed by energy embargos that Iran's nutjob leaders decide to impose once they have Hegemony based on being a nuclear state?  I'd think such issues might be considered part of the UK's "interests".  

And when you or your government can actually provide evidence they were in breach of the JCPOA, you'll have a point. 

On 06/06/2019 at 3:47 PM, hetrodoxly said:

Sailors lives don't count?

Those goalposts have moved so often it's a wonder you know which end you're at. 

The question was to give 1 time the US has committed its troops to our defence. 

On 06/06/2019 at 12:35 PM, RabidMongoose said:

You have convinced yourself that the USA is parasitic.

All I can see in your posts is negativity after negativity after negativity about our closest ally.

Then you need to get out more. 

All I am saying is that the US should receive the same treatment they give us as an ally - support in war, when, and only when, it suits our interests. Not the blind obedience we have given them for the last 20 years. 

Please don't try to tell me what I think. You only make yourself look more idiotic. 

On 06/06/2019 at 11:43 AM, skliss said:

I dont know about there, but here there are plenty of records you can research to find out. Many are on-line if you are interested.

Do you mean to tell what the medals are or to find out why they were awarded? 

I know what they are but not what he did. 

28 minutes ago, Setton said:

Those goalposts have moved so often it's a wonder you know which end you're at. 

The question was to give 1 time the US has committed its troops to our defence. 

Surely it's American lives committed and lost not what service they're from, your semantics are very boring and ugly.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 4:35 AM, RabidMongoose said:

All I can see in your posts is negativity after negativity after negativity about our closest ally.

The US is not a parasite pal.  If anything, it is the other way round.

And you better understand, with America First, we do not care about you or any special relationship.  If we can cut you out of the EU, we can make a great deal with a lonely desperate nation -- a great deal for us.  Business and profit, and America First are our loyalties. Nothing personal, just ego and business. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, and then said:

I have earnestly struggled to understand the concerns of the Left - of those who've been civil anyway - and I find 85 -90% of it to be hyperbole

I do appreciate that.  it may not always seem like oit, but I try to do the same.  We share some views of personal responsibility and a desire to make America Greater, but we disagree on methods.  Both sides of any argument rapidly become hyperbole, and I can see that on the left as well.  We tend to egg each other on a bit and I do it too, I know.

Why are not the promises kept by the politicians !!

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

22 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The US is not a parasite pal.  If anything, it is the other way round.

And you better understand, with America First, we do not care about you or any special relationship.  If we can cut you out of the EU, we can make a great deal with a lonely desperate nation -- a great deal for us.  Business and profit, and America First are our loyalties. Nothing personal, just ego and business. 

hold on, you seem to be arguing with someone who's agreeing with you. Perhaps you've worked yourself up into such a frenzy of anger that you didn't notice that that wasn't what he was saying.

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

hold on, you seem to be arguing with someone who's agreeing with you. Perhaps you've worked yourself up into such a frenzy of anger that you didn't notice that that wasn't what he was saying.

Not at all.  I get what he said.  I am not even worked up.  I am laughing.

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Not at all.  I get what he said.  I am not even worked up.  I am laughing.

I'm not sure you do. You were saying in response to RabidMongoose, who was saying in response to Setton, 

Perhaps the one you were actually replying to was Setton? 

12 hours ago, Setton said:

Do you mean to tell what the medals are or to find out why they were awarded? 

I know what they are but not what he did. 

what are they then? 

19 hours ago, stevewinn said:

When the chips were down and freedom was on the line, the Rep Ireland govt decided not to fight.......

Well, they had good reason not to like - or trust - the British government. 

46 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Perhaps the one you were actually replying to was Setton? 

Maybe, however I was informing Rabid Mongoose that the current administration thinks Britain is a parasite.   Saying nice things about us might make it a bit less painful.  We ares longing to get you out of the EU so that we can deal with a desperate,\

needy trading partner and get ourselves a good deal.

Sometimes you just gotta go with the Muse.

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe, however I was informing Rabid Mongoose that the current administration thinks Britain is a parasite.   Saying nice things about us might make it a bit less painful.  We ares longing to get you out of the EU so that we can deal with a desperate,\

needy trading partner and get ourselves a good deal.

Sometimes you just gotta go with the Muse.

Oh I get it, you're being satirical. You're satirizing the bullying tactics that Washington has so often used to its "friends" and "allies". Yes, that is the approach they usually take - "Say nice things about us goddamit if you want us to be your friend. If not we might impose Tariffs on you and even persuade our sycophantic subordinate countries - we mean our friends and allies - not to trade with you if you don't do as we say". Yes, well done, very clever. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome