Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

55 posts in this topic

Setton
4 hours ago, bee said:

there's a difference for me, as a private citizen expressing disapproval on an internet forum...
and for politicians holding high office as public servants, financed by the tax payer....

And elected by those taxpayers because their views represent the electorate. Therefore they absolutely should express those views as our representative. 

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

I see it is suggested he wants to meet the Irish Pm at his golf club rather than the venue suggested by the Irish. The Irish should resist this for very obvious reasons. 

Apparently he's already said he just won't meet Trump then.

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is enough not pay any visit. if your politicians can't even act civilized, why bother.  presidents come and go, disrespecting presidency is a good reason to keep you away, until you learn proper manners. 

You're not good with irony, are you? 

Would you prefer they claim he's 'bleeding badly from a face lift'? Call him a dog? Mr piggy? 

Your president is the epitome of incivility. 

• Like 1

Dumbledore the Awesome
11 minutes ago, aztek said:

what about him?   has he try to ban any president from anywhere in the world to visit usa? nope,  he acts a lot better than bunch of your dimwits .

and you prove my point once again, you can't see that current president and the presidency are 2 different things

I don't just mean him, I mean all of them generally

aztek
32 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I don't just mean him, I mean all of them generally

i thought it was only about the orange man.

Kismit
8 hours ago, bee said:

like er duh.... of course...

but there's a time and a place for everything and sometimes diplomatic protocol is the more mature course of action...
instead of indulgent virtue signalling... 

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But it is in the end only the opposing voice. Right or wrong is only a matter of perspective. 

Dumbledore the Awesome
10 hours ago, bee said:

like er duh.... of course...

but there's a time and a place for everything and sometimes diplomatic protocol is the more mature course of action...
instead of indulgent virtue signalling... 

I don't know very much about whatever it is we're talking about here, but I think you've given me an idea for a new hobby for the warm summer months. Indulgent Virtue Signalling! I'll let you know how I get on. :yes: 

• Haha 2