Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Paranormal investigator Lorraine Warren dies

19 posts in this topic

stereologist

I wonder if they will keep their museum of demon haunted objects that they store in their basement.

moonman
18 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I wonder if they will keep their museum of demon haunted objects that they store in their basement.

I wonder if they will be auctioned off and start a 13 ghosts of Scooby Doo kind of event.

the13bats

i wouldnt pay the hyped prices due to my payrate but if i was wealthy i would buy it all  and show off none of it is haunted.

• Thanks 1

skliss
1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Maybe she left it to Zach Bagans. He can add the stuff to his museum.  

• Like 1

rashore

I would hazard a guess that the property and items will be left in the hands of Tony Spera since he has been helping Lorraine run the place for years. What he and his group does with it all.... might just carry on as they did after Ed died, or they might decide to do other. Probably too soon to tell what the plans are there.

• Like 1

preacherman76

At the very least she helped contribute some idea's that turned out to be some pretty cool movies. RIP Lorraine Warren. I hope God met you as a friend.

Calibeliever
2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

At the very least she helped contribute some idea's that turned out to be some pretty cool movies. RIP Lorraine Warren. I hope God met you as a friend.

Agreed, she was a pioneer and at least "tried" to bring a scientific approach to unexplained phenomenon and has inspired others to do the same. And before you all start hating on me, my comment isn't meant to validate her work, just the spirit of it. Misguided or not, she and Ed seemed to approach it with a sober and serious attitude and didn't overtly seek to profit from what they did. God speed.

• Like 2

stereologist

They saw these cases as evidence of demons. They were demon hunters, not ghost hunters. 

Their seriousness was not scientific. It was religious seriousness.

As far as profiting from what they did it is known that:

1. They gave lectures
  2. They hired writers to write books
  3. They ran classes
  4. They sold movie rights

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish

I wonder if she's doing the Texas Two Step with Satan himself? It's a thought.

• Like 2

rashore

Hey folks.. I realize the Warrens have had some mixed givings and recievings in various ends of the spectrum of beliefs. This goes for the end that believes in ghosts and the end that believes ghosts do not and everyone in between. Please lets be respectful here of a person dying, regardless of their legacy in the paranormal.

I'm sure the times will come up soon enough to dissect the Warrens and perhaps the Sepra lores. But give a chance for the woman to be buried and honestly, in a way, a closing of an era of spooky that has been in U.S. lore for decades.

Hoaxing or not, misguided, misinformed, or perhaps novel and trying to figure out spooky.. Lets leave off that for another day and thread, and leave this one just as a R.I.P. please.

• Like 4

Impedancer

They were an interesting couple. 

• Like 1

stereologist

An interesting aspect of their lives was that they at times invited skeptical groups to meet with them because it appeared they believed in what they did and wanted to be vindicated by people other than believers.

Calibeliever
16 hours ago, stereologist said:

They saw these cases as evidence of demons. They were demon hunters, not ghost hunters. 

Their seriousness was not scientific. It was religious seriousness.

As far as profiting from what they did it is known that:

1. They gave lectures
  2. They hired writers to write books
  3. They ran classes
  4. They sold movie rights

We're all aware of the controversy surrounding this type of work (I mean, we're on UM right?) and these are all valid points. Re-read what I wrote again. As for profiting, I specifically chose the word overt. I personally don't have a problem with someone exchanging their research and life's work for some form of compensation, what gets our backs up is when it's done by misrepresentation, hype or just plain lies that play on people's gullibility. I personally never got the sense that's what the Warrens were about. Were they batsh*t crazy? That's a definite maybe, but as rashore said, maybe a debate for another time. Cheers.

Plan IX

Them frauds had nothing to do with the Enfield Poltergeist.

stereologist
4 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

We're all aware of the controversy surrounding this type of work (I mean, we're on UM right?) and these are all valid points. Re-read what I wrote again. As for profiting, I specifically chose the word overt. I personally don't have a problem with someone exchanging their research and life's work for some form of compensation, what gets our backs up is when it's done by misrepresentation, hype or just plain lies that play on people's gullibility. I personally never got the sense that's what the Warrens were about. Were they batsh*t crazy? That's a definite maybe, but as rashore said, maybe a debate for another time. Cheers.

Thanks for the clarification. I took overt to mean to openly act to earn money from their efforts which I believe they did.

They might have been a bit crazy, but I do think they were sincere people and did believe in the demons they suggested were at the locations they visited.

• Like 1

the13bats
8 hours ago, stereologist said:

Thanks for the clarification. I took overt to mean to openly act to earn money from their efforts which I believe they did.

They might have been a bit crazy, but I do think they were sincere people and did believe in the demons they suggested were at the locations they visited.

sure, it was their bread and butter, its not a disrespect to state that fact.

your next comment,  i got a very different impression but not for this thread.

• Like 1

Mystify

... wonder where she will haunt.

• Like 1

stereologist
17 hours ago, Mystify said:

... wonder where she will haunt.

According to the Warrens they were demonologists and looked for demons causing these hauntings.  I doubt she would be haunting if she was correct about demons since she was not a demon.

• Like 1