Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gender neutral boats for Scotland

Eldorado

"On Tuesday it emerged that a British maritime museum has begun referring to ships it exhibits as "it" in a bid to appear more gender neutral.

The decision taken by the Scottish Maritime Museum near Troon was sparked by vandals. Twice in four months, references to boats as "she" have been scratched out of information signs, forcing the charity’s director to scrap the gender-specific term altogether."

Full report at the Telegraph:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/23/gender-neutral-boats-rise-maritime-museum-removes-signs-referring/

"Scottish maritime museum forced by vandals to stop calling ships ‘she’."

At the Scotsman: https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/scottish-maritime-museum-forced-by-vandals-to-stop-calling-ships-she-1-4913370

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

My God!  The ridiculousness of people these days know no bounds.  This person identified as a woman just long enough to break the deadlift record for females in England.

Embedded video 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

sigh

• Like 1

The decision taken by the Scottish Maritime Museum near Troon was sparked by vandals.

A 19th century steam yacht called ‘Rifle’, which once carried Queen Victoria across Loch Arkaig while she was visiting Inverlochy castle in 1873, had its display signs defaced last week in the latest attack.

The vandals have won.. 

Get cameras set up and ARREST these idiotic disrespecting thugs. 

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with these vandals what gender ships are refered as But it has everything to do with the owners when the idiots deface the signs.

They need to be caught and made to pay for the damage they caused as well as a prison term in HER majesty's prison. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

My God!  The ridiculousness of people these days know no bounds.  This person identified as a woman just long enough to break the deadlift record for females in England.

Embedded video 

Yeah, but if they're just 'identifying' as a woman in order to attempt to prove a point, then they never actually identified as a woman at all.

Basically just someone trying to be a dick.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, but if they're just 'identifying' as a woman in order to attempt to prove a point, then they never actually identified as a woman at all.

Basically just someone trying to be a dick.

Just like the moron vandalizing the boat museum.  :tu:  Which is terrorism judging by the way it's treated if it anti-Semitic.

edit to add:  Look at the responses reactions to my post.  They are all laughing emoji's.  You Sir, need to develop a sense of humor.

Edited by OverSword

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The problem is when people give into these asinine issues. If it offends you've got to change it.:rolleyes:

Not all are bowing down to the bullies,  thankfully

, the British Marine Industries Federation, said their organisation would stand firm. 

"Our owners have always referred to them as 'she' and will continue to do so 

A Royal Navy spokesman said: “The Royal Navy has a long tradition of referring to its ships as ‘she’ and will continue to do so.”

I notice there is nothing on the gender of the vandals. Either they do not want to offend them or they do not know who they are.

For all we know the vandals could be 

Heterosexual
Homosexual-
Lesbian-
Bisexual-.
Pansexual
Bicurious
Polysexual

Monosexual
Allosexual
Gynosexual
Questioning-
Asexual-

Demisexual-
Grey Asexual-
Perioriented-
Varioriented-
Heteronormative- l
Erasure-
Cishet-
Polyamorous
Monoamorous
Queer-
Ally

FFS!  Are they making up new words each time they look in the mirror?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

when-the-tumblr-captcha-is-triggering-yo

Imagine if aliens did visit to probe us,  poor things would not know where to start, or rather if to start.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Imagine if aliens did visit to probe us,  poor things would not know where to start, or rather if to start.

They'd probably just leave, "Yep this planet seems to be having an identity crisis."

• Thanks 1

Pretty much everything can be interpreted as offensive these days. lol.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, OverSword said:

Just like the moron vandalizing the boat museum.  :tu:  Which is terrorism judging by the way it's treated if it anti-Semitic.

edit to add:  Look at the responses reactions to my post.  They are all laughing emoji's.  You Sir, need to develop a sense of humor.

I thought the ridiculousness you were pointing to was the existence of gender identity itself, not that some guy was triggered enough to enter a woman's contest, essentially proving nothing in the process.

And they're laughing at you, not with you :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I thought the ridiculousness you were pointing to was the existence of gender identity itself, not that some guy was triggered enough to enter a woman's contest, essentially proving nothing in the process.

And they're laughing at you, not with you :D 

Thats interesting, why do you think gender identity doesnt exist? Is it something you personally dont have?

43 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats interesting, why do you think gender identity doesnt exist? Is it something you personally dont have?

That's not what I was saying. I know it exists. I thought he was mocking it.

Edited by ExpandMyMind