Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

43% of Manchester crimes not investigated

Eldorado

"More than 40% of crimes reported to Greater Manchester Police are not fully investigated because of a lack of resources, it has said.

Chief constable Ian Hopkins said budget cuts have meant officers had to prioritise more ruthlessly than ever.

He said about 430 offences a day, such as thefts from vehicles, were being "screened out" and not pursued because "we don't have enough officers""

Full scandal at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47963134

"The fall in police numbers is largely the result of changes in central government funding, which is down by almost a third in real terms since 2010."

• Haha 1

i'm pretty sure such offences are not investigated here either, cops make reports, people file insurance claims, and that is all there is to it. no one is looking for those preps.  i know of dozens of cases of stolen cars and cars broken into to, i had that happen to me as well, i never bothered to call cops, they would be useless anyway, nor i needed a report.   not once cops called any of those people, and said we found a guy who did it,  1 time a car was found abandoned, burned down,  only cuz they came across it, not because anyone was looking for it,

• Sad 1

More than 40% of crimes reported to Greater Manchester Police are not fully investigated because of a lack of resources, it has said.

The fall in police numbers is largely the result of changes in central government funding, which is down by almost a third in real terms since 2010."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47963134

More like the number of crimes is rising.. Crime will rise there, its Manchester ffs. Some parts are just riddled with crime.

By far the most frequent Manchester crime is antisocial behaviour, with 244,513 recorded incidents between January 2015 and December 2016, accounting for 35% of total crimes. It’s likely that this number is so high due to the large number of bars and clubs located in the city centre.

When compared with similar areas, the crime rate in Manchester is extremely high. The graph shows the top 10 council areas with the highest crime rate between January 2015 and December 2016. 

https://www.verisure.co.uk/advice-and-help/crime-statistics/manchester-crime-statistics

What gets me about some of these reports is they try to make out it is the police fault that there is so much crime there. NO, its the low life scum who choose crime over careers and who think society owe them everything. 

Central government funding?? Yeah = how about tax payers money.

Build a wall around those low lifes and let them fund for themselves. Why should my hard earned money be taxed to fund for more police to deal.with areas of low lifes who are already sponging off us! 

.and breath.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"More than 40% of crimes reported to Greater Manchester Police are not fully investigated because of a lack of resources, it has said.

Chief constable Ian Hopkins said budget cuts have meant officers had to prioritise more ruthlessly than ever.

He said about 430 offences a day, such as thefts from vehicles, were being "screened out" and not pursued because "we don't have enough officers""

Full scandal at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47963134

"The fall in police numbers is largely the result of changes in central government funding, which is down by almost a third in real terms since 2010."

This is why criminals should be doing hard labour.

To fund the activity of the police.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

This is why criminals should be doing hard labour.

To fund the activity of the police.

slippery slope,  cops will arrest just anyone to make them work for free. it will turn from making criminals work, to  turning  the people into criminals so they work,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

There's a reason why it's called Mad Chester.