Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some of my "ghost" stories

Desertrat56

I mentioned in another thread the incidents my brother and I had when we were in grade school.  Over the years things have happened that are unexplainable and weird. 

When I lived in Texas I had a long distance relationship with a man whose nephew hung himself.  The night I was told about it, which was a couple of days after it happened I lit a candle for him.  The table where I had lit the candle had some crystals and other stones on one side by the candle and a cd player on the other.  In the middle of sleep I was awoken by a crashing sound and the cd player opening and closing the cd tray 3 times.  I was tired and didn't get up to investigate.  The next morning I found the candle still burning but the rocks were strewn all over the living room as if someone had swiped them off the table.  The cd player never worked right again, either it would act like it had no power or the cd tray would just open and close.  I sent it to the manufacturer to get it fixed (which was a waste since I lived 20 miles from the place I had to mail it, but they would not let people just drop stuff off).  When I got it back I opened the box and a huge puff of cigarette smoke came out, as if someone had puffed a bunch of smoke in the box before taping it up.   I figured it was a disgruntled employee because the cd player was not fixed and the case was attached cockeyed.  I sent it back and they replaced the mother board, but it never worked again and I just gave up on it.

A few years later I quit my job and moved back to New Mexico to take care of my mother in the home I grew up in.  I also took care of my grandsons and sometimes my dad would call asking for help.  My parents had been divorced since the 90's.  Anyway, i was making cookies with my grandson and after I put the spices back in the cupboard and closed the door I turned back to the counter and the cupboard door flew open and all the spices flew out.  Some of them hit me in the head, the ones in glass bottles broke.  I did not know at the time, but it was the same day that the police had picked up my dad and taken him to court ordered rehab.  He built those cupboards when he remodeled that kitchen in the 80's.  Later my dad told me and my brother that he blamed us for being locked up, he never has been one to accept responsibility for his bad behavior.   

I have my ideas of what went on with the cupboard, but I have no clue what was going on with the rocks and the CD player.  I did not know the young man who hung himself as I had only met him twice so I just chock it up to general weirdness that I experience often.  

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing. That makes the list of allegedly real ghost stories up to 10,001 and 10,002 that I have heard in my decades. I think the odds favor the existence of genuine paranormal phenomena in the human experience as opposed to all of them having a normal explanation.

LOL. This reminds me of my very brief run-in with Orville, an elderly fellow who used to live a mile or so from my cabin. I used to visit and check in on him and his wife until he died and she was made to move closer to her daughter as they did not want her alone way out here at her age once he was gone.

Can't keep that bundle of energy down, though, she is still good for just turning up in her huge truck to talk and look in on her old trailer she once lived in for decades with Orville. She is pushing 90 and still does what she wants pretty much. Anyway, one day she turned up at my place to visit and somewhere in there I remarked I needed to head for the stores to get a new coffee pot as mine had quit working that morning. Well, she says no, our old one is still in the trailer, let me fetch it for you. I have a new one and it is just wasted there now. Off she goes to her place and soon is back and hands it to me with a couple filters from the cabinet, and she is happy.

Once she is gone, I bring it in and set it up. They do not come more basic than this one, but, all I want is coffee. I don't care about the bells and whistles anyway. I start a pot and head back to my office and a few minutes later I very clearly smell fresh cigarette smoke wafting in the house. I quit a few years back so this really especially stands out to me and Orville was a chain smoker to the day he died. I mean walking into their trailer had been an act of determination for me, it always had this haze throughout of smoke and his wife never did smoke, had asthma (a detail which had me at odds with him that he could do that without any care for her own health needs> I cannot say Orville and I were friends exactly, but, I guess we were, I just resented his extreme old school chauvinism). My eyes narrow as I suspect he came along to see where his coffee pot went, but, fine, I kept typing, assuming if he was lingering here he'd soon wander off.

Smoke gets real strong as if someone is smoking right in my office, and I said, "Orville, you need to head on home now. She gave it to me."

My lady had left a couple rolls of toilet paper stacked on my other table, forgotten, for some reason, and after about 5 minutes one suddenly flew off the stack and fell to the floor as if someone had swatted it at me but not hard enough to hit me with it.  I ignored it and kept typing. 5 minutes later and a second one got batted my way, didn't get much closer, and I said "Get out of my house Orville, I won't tell you again."

The smoke faded and I have never been aware of him around since and still use his coffee pot.

I have no idea why some seem to hang around and most do not, and if it isn't the deceased really, then no clue what it could be. It just is what it is for experiences. 

Thanks for your story. The mention of smoke reminded me of my old neighbor :) 

• Like 5

Well if we're sharing ghost stories  I had my own experience with a known friendly prankster spirit named Erik:

I experienced what I believe to be two pranks by Erik

The first was my neck pillow I use when on the computer. It went missing and I tore the house up looking for it. And then there it was in the back seat of my car. I live alone and verified the only other person with a key was 100 miles away.

Of course my mind hounded for a normal explanation. Maybe I wore the neck pillow out of the house, realized it and chucked it in the backseat. Or somehow it just landed there when I went out with it on. However, with either of those explanations, the location in the car still didn’t really make sense.

I humorously called out, ‘Erik, is that you?’. No audible response of course.

A day or two later, I pulled my car into the same place in the garage and went to open the garage door to the house and it was locked. I never lock that door from the outside and it would have required a conscious effort against all my normal routine of doing things.

I then said ‘Thank you, Erik!’.

A hard-core skeptic can doubt my honesty and competency and what can I say except that I believe these events are highly likely to be paranormal.

I’ll finish by reminding readers that one of Erik’s hallmark traits is harmless paranormal pranks. My story is one of so many.

Edit: The request for a prank was made while I for whatever hopeful reasons was using a ouija board by myself. Nothing happened at the time and I left the planchette in the middle. I waited to see if it would move. A day or two later I noticed the planchette a good foot  or more away from the center spot where I left it. Being an open-minded skeptic myself, I assumed I must have done it somehow. (I live alone). Again I actually suspect this was paranormal but I’m cautious. So, there were probably actually three incidents.

See, you are more fun than me, Papa. I don't tolerate pranks or that sort of thing at ALL. 

If a "ghost" has nothing to do, then it needs to do it somewhere else. I'm just mean LOL.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I’ll finish by reminding readers that one of Erik’s hallmark traits is harmless paranormal pranks. My story is one of so many.

Here's my story.

I spent hours watching the videos and "getting into" Elisa's mind

Erik didn't commit suicide. Elisa murdered him. She uses that whole circus with the fake psychics to cover this up.

But she doesn't feel any remorse. Just a sick smugness that she got away with it.

Erik is now earthbound. But isn't talking to a "psychic?". His pranks are a attempt to get attention that he's not and his mother and that con artist are lying. 

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

If a "ghost" has nothing to do, then it needs to do it somewhere else. I'm just mean LOL.

I talked to you in full about this and had you help me with Erik. Remember? 

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

Here's my story.

I spent hours watching the videos and "getting into" Elisa's mind

Erik didn't commit suicide. Elisa murdered him. She uses that whole circus with the fake psychics to cover this up.

But she doesn't feel any remorse. Just a sick smugness that she got away with it.

Erik is now earthbound. But isn't talking to a "psychic?". His pranks are a attempt to get attention that he's not and his mother and that con artist are lying. 

OMG?? I am serious in asking: Are you serious even? 

I know this in more detail than you from my time spent.

Edited by papageorge1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

OMG?? I am serious in asking: Are you serious even? 

I'm serious as a heart attack. I'm not a "healer" I'm a "hunter" and when I'm "working" I do not let emotions get in my way.

If I was still a Tribal cop with Texas Ranger connections I would have them run her down. That woman is evil. 

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I know this in more detail than you from my time spent.

I went through everything she broadcasted. Watched it for hours. 

• Like 1

Oooh, this is THAT Eric?

We have worked so many cases and consulted with each other that I did not make the connection, Bro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, Papa, if he is around your house and hanging out and all, ask him yourself, if you can keep your mind open enough to hear anything at all that might differ from your belief in those who take advantage of this tragedy. Ask him yourself. 

*walks away mumbling about Ouija board games*

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm serious as a heart attack. I'm not a "healer" I'm a "hunter" and when I'm "working" I do not let emotions get in my way.

If I was still a Tribal cop with Texas Ranger connections I would have them run her down. That woman is evil. 

I went through everything she broadcasted. Watched it for hours. 

I can see no emotions getting in your way there as you say, lol.

Comically emotional is my take. And I’m sure disputable by a thousand and one facts.

She may be just another basically good normal person with normal foibles but that’s as black as I’ll go.

I actually read her book and personal story too.

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, Papa, if he is around your house and hanging out and all, ask him yourself, if you can keep your mind open enough to hear anything at all that might differ from your belief in those who take advantage of this tragedy. Ask him yourself. 

*walks away mumbling about Ouija board games*

I can hear the attitude so I won’t go on long. I feel I am at the lower end of the naturally psychic scale. I doubt a ouija would ever work with just me.

I am very pleased and thankful for what I believe Erik did as a sign.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I can see no emotions getting in your way there as you say, lol.

So your capable of "reading" people?  

Sorry, that's my "gut instinct" and I was a really good at what I did.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Comically emotional is my take. And I’m sure disputable by a thousand and one facts.

It's comical that when "Erik" "talks" to other dead celebrities, "he" ( actually the fake psychic) gets major parts of their biographies wrong along with known events in history. 

Actually there is nothing funny about Elisa Medhus. She made me feel "slimey".

I am very pleased and thankful for what I believe Erik did as a sign.

I'm actually glad you are. Your forever searching for a experience.

I stated what my "cop instinct" says. Now lets not derail anymore. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My comment wasn't a joke Piney. 

I don't know about his "pranks" but I'm a hell on cold reader. The woman was a cold hearted sociopath. Not a "grieving mother". 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's comical that when "Erik" "talks" to other dead celebrities, "he" ( actually the fake psychic) gets major parts of their biographies wrong along with known events in history. 

I don’t claim a gut instinct just rational analysis. I see the mom’s  normal foibles too but that is not the gist of the whole thing.

Go ahead and distort what they do and focus on imperfections.

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Just to add if they were fake, my reason tells me it is the known biographical facts they would get  right.

They claim to do no research to keep their impressions uninfluenced.

Just to add if they were fake, my reason tells me it is the known biographical facts they would get  right.

They got known facts about John Lennon wrong. 

Well, if they wrote a book and claim such things, I am sure it is very convincing for you, Papa :/ 

Authoritative even.

I agree with Piney, I am glad if you have finally had an experience of your own given all the years you have been hoping for it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

They got known facts about John Lennon wrong. 

You might be thinking of George Harrison there. But doesn’t that accord with my point?

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You might be thinking of George Harrison there. But doesn’t that accord with my point?

Nope, it was Lennon.

Believe what you want Papa. No sense arguing in something that can't be proven either way.  I just "go with my gut". 

5 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, if they wrote a book and claim such things, I am sure it is very convincing for you, Papa :/ 

Authoritative even.

I agree with Piney, I am glad if you have finally had an experience of your own given all the years you have been hoping for it.

Hmm......’imperfect’ as I’ve been saying is different than ‘authoritative’. 

And I don’t recall Piney being ‘glad’ about my experience. But if you guys need a support network......

So inaccuracy in a "psychic transmission" = validity for you? 

I begin to see why you believe so adamantly about so much :/ 

So, disagreeing with you makes me have an "attitude" and agreeing with another poster makes him my "support network" now. 

Batting a thousand there, as usual 

0.o

anyway, I am done derailing this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm a hell on cold reader.

You're not the only. Perhaps fatigue is fogging up my brain and I can't quite follow this conversation. 

From the apparent looks of it so far, my instincts tell me it's going down hill fast.