Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hate Crime at Major US University

Space Commander Travis

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Im pretty sure his is @Vlad the Mighty right about now

giphy.gif

This certainly can't be called out of line!

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Ok. I found it. I had read the wiki link and it wasn't mentioned there. A girl had said she had the rope for a project and had left it there but when it was found the next day, it had been shaped into a noose. There was nothing else found in the area, just that a couple of these stickers had been found previously. The school says it is investigating footage to see who may have done that. The school needs to do that. 

As for this, yes. It certainly does seem as though people are shaming you for being white. Say anything and immediately you are a racist. I've heard tons of references in music especially remarking on white and police. Why isn't that ever brought out? I'm from the 60's and 70's when this kind of stuff didn't happen among the young. They need to go back and listen to good music! They have no idea!

Music today is mostly awful and we need to remind our musical influences that they are role models. I am not a Cardi b fan

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

Well, in my town blacks hate Hispanics. I doubt I'd ever hear you call them racists. Come to think of it, nobody jumped on Piney when he stated that fact from his experience in prison.

If there were a thread about black hate propaganda against spanish people at a university I would call them racist. God knows ive experienced a TON of racism from both the black and hispanic communities. 

Thats not the subject at hand however .

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Kismit, what happened in Sri Lanka was as real as what happened in New Zealand. Those people were Asians. The whites who were killed were in the hotels.

My point is they were both horrific events, the Sri Lanka event apparently in retaliation for Christchurch.

point being that some times an act of provocation is just that an act of provocation. To cause derision and Anarchy. We are talking about a university here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im pretty sure his is @Vlad the Mighty right about now

giphy.gif

I wasn't trying to be controversial (or stir up Hate), I just thought it was silly. Not to mention that don't forget, the people who go crying to the Authorities at the mere sight of these things are probably many of them likely to be in positions of some sort of importance, lawyers, politicians, senior executives, decision makers of some kind, when they grow up, and I don't know how encouraging that is about their prospects of being able to cope in the world of business or law. That's the main issue with all these things, I think. 

• Like 5

Sometimes a knot is just a knot....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I wasn't trying to be controversial (or stir up Hate), I just thought it was silly. Not to mention that don't forget, the people who go crying to the Authorities at the mere sight of these things are probably many of them likely to be in positions of some sort of importance, lawyers, politicians, senior executives, decision makers of some kind, when they grow up, and I don't know how encouraging that is about their prospects of being able to cope in the world of business or law. That's the main issue with all these things, I think. 

That cartoon was meant to be nasty. It should be expected. The actions and the reactions are just as bad. Never in my life have I acted like this. It is very worrisome. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Music today is mostly awful and we need to remind our musical influences that they are role models. I am not a Cardi b fan

What may have Cardi B done? I think she's quite funny

Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

I get that. I think it depends on the context and experience of who found it. I mean while this campaign is a recent thing "its ok to be white" has been a white supremacist mantra for a very long time.  If the person who found it knew that reporting it to authorities is reasonable IMO. But ill agree that if they didnt know that history then it definitely would cause concern for the individuals long term outlook.

Just now, susieice said:

That cartoon was meant to be nasty.

No it wasnt. It was meant to be funny.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

I mean while this campaign is a recent thing "its ok to be white" has been a white supremacist mantra for a very long time. 

Isn't it like when, was it ol' Bernie Sanders (in the days when some people really did think he was perhaps possibly something of a Radical) said "Black lives matter? Don't all lives matter?" and was assassinated by the right-on fraternity for it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Sometimes a knot is just a knot....

Yes. But the school should check it out to make sure nothing is going on at the campus. I see Kismet's point. It is odd that it would be a noose and I always complain about how signs are ignored until it's too late. Let them check it out and make sure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No it wasnt. It was meant to be funny.

It isn't.

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

What may have Cardi B done? I think she's quite funny

You need better music in this generation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

It isn't.

No No it is.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

No No it is.

We aren't going there again. Maybe it is to you. I'm sorry.

Edited by susieice

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No No it is.

no it isn't!

yes it is!

well your stupid!*

* sic

:stomps off and slams door: 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

:stomps off and slams door: 

You cant stomp off IM stomping off !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Isn't it like when, was it ol' Bernie Sanders (in the days when some people really did think he was perhaps possibly something of a Radical) said "Black lives matter? Don't all lives matter?" and was assassinated by the right-on fraternity for it?

Im fuzzy on the details but basically yeah. Words and symbols have multiple and shifting meanings. 10 years ago all lives matter would have just been a sentence. Today its viewed by the majority as a big F U to minorities political statement . ( i think, maybe im wrong but of course the ones who say it isnt are the very ones saying it for political gratification)

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Im fuzzy on the details but basically yeah. Words and symbols have multiple and shifting meanings. 10 years ago all lives matter would have just been a sentence. Today its viewed by the majority as a big F U to minorities political statement . ( i think, maybe im wrong but of course the ones who say it isnt are the very ones saying it for political gratification)

by the majority?? See, that's the influence of those who, it seems, now attend university purely in order to get really really angry and offended at things; they make people believe that they're the majority now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

by the majority?? See, that's the influence of those who, it seems, now attend university purely in order to get really really angry and offended at things; they make people believe that they're the majority now. 

Comeon man you cant talk **** about a point I already conceded. Thats just boring !

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

This all day.

"Is it Nazi propaganda?! What does it mean? What is the sub text here? That phrase incorporates OK which in sign language means white power! These stickers are empowering the rise of white nationalists!!"

When saying something as innocuous as "it's ok to be white" can stir people in to a frenzy, the trolls have won. If there is any division being caused here, it's coming from the tolerant left which is exactly the target audience of these goofy memes. There is a brainwashed subset of the population that has been trained to look for racism in everything. They have been convinced that the Nazi boogeyman is real, that racism is on the rise and Trump is going to put Jews in camps any day now. It's those people that are being relentlessly trolled by the bowels of the internet.

4chan and others like them know exactly how to push buttons and take advantage of weak mindedness. You can go there now and watch the evolution of the next big thing: they were the ones who pushed the green frog to be a racist symbol because it's so damn goofy no one could possibly believe that, right? Wrong. Hillary Clinton herself ends up talking about it on TV! 

The progressive left has become a parody of itself. The internet's basement dwelling heroes are exposing that in a very convincing way. The bait gets more ridiculous every time yet these rabid leftists eat it up like candy, just starved for racism they are convinced is everywhere. Until they smarten up and see the world for what it is, expect more insane "clown world" memes targeted directly at that crowd.

Here's a tip: right now 4chan is working on making milk a symbol of hate. Yep - milk. Looking forward to some nutty Professor exposing his mental instability over that one lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2