Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Navy drafts new UFO reporting guidelines

UM-Bot

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

I'm trying my best. 

Much appreciated. Take the time to look at the links presented. You might find the article that was referenced by the UM article to be quite interesting. That is the article which points out that Elizondo et al did little but produce a pile of paper. The article also points out the effort by the military to simply the reporting system, not your suggestion of complicating matters. You wrote " U.S. Navy has reasons besides complicating red tape "

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, acute said:

Development of secret military aircraft can't explain why triangular UFO's with three lights have been reported since 1897.

i would like that to be fact but something i wasnt happy to learn is old stories are very unreliable, newpapers competed for sales and had no problem making up stories.

my dad did photo analysis after his time as a navy airplane tech this was during foo fighter flap, he said the mindset wasnt aliens but earthly enemies,  he said that foo fighters were explained it most cases as static, anyone into early prop driven planes knew this.

while i know true believers see things like this threads topic as some proof the gov knows ufos are aliens it only proves that to those types,

i know guys with spray tans or van in their names like to cling to the ancient alien ideas the evidence doesnt support it.

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

About 20 billion sun like stars. Most probably have Super Earths (Mini Neptunes) which is what usually forms around sun like stars. 

I don't believe that mini-Neptunes, planets with massive hydrogen/helium atmospheres, would be counted as habitable, in the sense intended. Planets larger than Earth, up to about 1.6 to 2 times Earth's diameter, with more Earth-like conditions, should be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

not sure exactly what you're driving at but Bison is correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_potentially_habitable_exoplanets

I see a lot of red dwarfs. Their Goldilocks zone is in high rad high, flare zone. Whatever lives there is low to the ground primitive extremophile. We couldn't unless we wanted cancer really fast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bison said:

I don't believe that mini-Neptunes, planets with massive hydrogen/helium atmospheres, would be counted as habitable, in the sense intended. Planets larger than Earth, up to about 1.6 to 2 times Earth's diameter, with more Earth-like conditions, should be. 

2 times the diameter could also mean 2 times the atmospheric pressure, which wouldn't be conducive to fire (technology) but I see what you mean. 

Just now, stereologist said:

Much appreciated. Take the time to look at the links presented. You might find the article that was referenced by the UM article to be quite interesting. That is the article which points out that Elizondo et al did little but produce a pile of paper. The article also points out the effort by the military to simply the reporting system, not your suggestion of complicating matters. You wrote " U.S. Navy has reasons besides complicating red tape "

*rolling my eyes*

you don't take on extra paper work and stick the necks of the people reporting UFO incidents on the chopping block just for the sake of it. they obviously see something here that needs to be investigated and properly catalogued. the article may point out what it likes BUT the actions of the U.S. Navy speak load and clear. i don't understand why you're are resisting the fact that UFO sightings are a Phenomena that the Navy is interested it.  

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I see a lot of red dwarfs. Their Goldilocks zone is in high rad high, flare zone. Whatever lives there is low to the ground primitive extremophile. We couldn't unless we wanted cancer really fast.

Young red dwarf stars tend to flare violently. They're also very long-lived. It seems a reasonable scenario that simple life could evolve underground on planets in such star systems, escaping lethal radiation, and emerge, and develop further , once the star had settled down. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

how so? it would be more plausible to suggest that the U.S. military want to encourage more personnel to come forward and report such experiences. 

Not necessarily . Especially if the drones are carrying experimental payloads or the craft themselves are experimental.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bison said:

Young red dwarf stars tend to flare violently. They're also very long-lived. It seems a reasonable scenario that simple life could evolve underground on planets in such star systems, escaping lethal radiation, and emerge, and develop further , once the star had settled down. 

True, but you still have more solar radiation so it's gonna be ugly. :lol:

Just now, Trelane said:

Not necessarily . Especially if the drones are carrying experimental payloads or the craft themselves are experimental.

I've had that once on toast you know. didn't like it much. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

*rolling my eyes*

you don't take on extra paper work and stick the necks of the people reporting UFO incidents on the chopping block just for the sake of it. they obviously see something here that needs to be investigated and properly catalogued. the article may point out what it likes BUT the actions of the U.S. Navy speak load and clear. i don't understand why you're are resisting the fact that UFO sightings are a Phenomena that the Navy is interested it.  

….or the Department of the Navy wants to refine reporting processes to help protect information regarding secret projects getting accidentally released. No wait, you're right. It has to be aliens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

….or the Department of the Navy wants to refine reporting processes to help protect information regarding secret projects getting accidentally released. No wait, you're right. It has to be aliens.

as usual you're late to the discussion and more often than not ill prepared. 

"Since 2014, these intrusions have been happening on a regular basis," Mr Joseph Gradisher, spokesman for the deputy chief of naval operations for information warfare, told The Washington Post on Wednesday (April 24).

Recently, unidentified aircraft entered military-designated airspace as often as multiple times per month.

"We want to get to the bottom of this. We need to determine who's doing it, where it's coming from and what their intent is. We need to try to find ways to prevent it from happening again."

Citing safety and security concerns, Mr Gradisher vowed to "investigate each and every report".

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/frustrated-pilots-got-us-navy-to-stop-dismissing-ufo-sightings

• Like 1

...and again from the same source.

In some cases, pilots - many of whom are engineers and academy graduates - say they observed small spherical objects flying in formation. Others say they have seen white, Tic-Tac-shaped vehicles. Aside from drones, all engines rely on burning fuel to generate power, but these vehicles all had no air intake, no wind and no exhaust.

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

True, but you still have more solar radiation so it's gonna be ugly. :lol:

If you mean a tidally locked planet, which receives constant starlight on only one side, this may not be such a problem as once thought. It appears that a reasonably thick atmosphere, and/or large oceans could distribute the resulting heat around the planet, instead of its being concentrated on one side.  

• Thanks 1

...again...

"It's very mysterious, and they still seem to exceed our aircraft in speed," he said, calling it a "truly radical technology".

According to Mr Mellon, awestruck and baffled pilots, concerned that reporting unidentified flying aircraft would adversely affect their careers, tended not to speak up. And when they did, he said there was little interest in investigating their reports.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

as usual you're late to the discussion and more often than not ill prepared. 

...and as usual, you fail to understand basic military operating procedures. But hey, I'm sure disclosure is right around the corner.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

1000 years ago man could not fly. now days flight travel is as easy as purchasing a ticket on line and getting to an airport. what exactly are you having a problem with? i never said that there are two dimensions to physics. i said that the effects of physics can be negated by biology and technology.  

Bolded statement seems odd to me.

Technology uses our understandings of physics, it does not negate them.  The design of an aircraft wing, uses our understanding of the principles of lift current to allow flight of aircraft, not a negation of gravity or the forces of physics.

Biology is a reflection of physics, not a negation.

Navy seems to be very interested and rightly so, in anything flying over our airspace that we are not familiar with...  that much seems beyond doubt.  What the origins of such may be, is buyer be ware territory.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Bolded statement seems odd to me.

Technology uses our understandings of physics, it does not negate them.  The design of an aircraft wing, uses our understanding of the principles of lift current to allow flight of aircraft, not a negation of gravity or the forces of physics.

Biology is a reflection of physics, not a negation.

Navy seems to be very interested and rightly so, in anything flying over our airspace that we are not familiar with...  that much seems beyond doubt.  What the origins of such may be, is buyer be ware territory.

technology negating the effects of the body's limitations to high speed space travel. 

27 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

technology negating the effects of the body's limitations to high speed space travel. 

What are the body’s limitations to high speed space travel? 

Are you referring to acceleration rather than speed?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"If I came to you and said, 'There are these things that can fly over our country with impunity, defying the laws of physics, and within moments could deploy a nuclear device at will' - that would be a matter of national security."

10 hours ago, stereologist said:

Because the group headed by Elizondo did not produce anything. That is what happened according to the article.

You mean they have not produced anything they can or will identify.  Diff.,

If capturing an image of *anything* flying intelligently does not raise their alarms just because they cannot identify it, then something  is seriously wrong with our military. Example: It could be Russian or Chinese air ships illegally  in our airspace, so it is paramount that the military find out what these objects are and  take appropriate action. But sitting there saying "we don't know what it is so screw it"  - is just  not professional and is wrongful. It is their job to protect our skies.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, bison said:

Perhaps the effects of inertia can be overcome, too, allowing, what to us would seem, fantastic flight maneuvers.

Of course, Bison. Some theorize that the crafts are not really accelerating, they are entering into another time reference and that makes it *look* that they are hyper accelerating. But who knows. 

But some folks in here really think that since we don't know the answer, we should not even try to figure it out  :lol:

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

That is the article which points out that Elizondo et al did little but produce a pile of paper

You have mentioned this numerous times so at this point I am compelled to come in and correct you.  you do NOT know that it did little but "produce a pile of paper".  You only know that that is what is being reported. BIG diff.

Any information that the US military has on these unknown crafts is classified. They will tell us nothing

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Of course, Bison. Some theorize that the crafts are not really accelerating, they are entering into another time reference and that makes it *look* that they are hyper accelerating. But who knows. 

But some folks in here really think that since we don't know the answer, we should not even try to figure it out  :lol:

some people in here post hoax fake pictures as proof...

9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

*rolling my eyes*

Again with the fallacy of "extra paper work". Please read the article before continuing with your fallacies.

Here is opinion that does not come from the material presented: "see something here that needs to be investigated and properly catalogued".

Please point out where the military states this is "a Phenomena that the Navy is interested it[sic]"

• Haha 1