Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird photo goes viral

Eldorado

a cuddly Cthulhu. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think i see a radiator on the right hand wall? 

• Haha 1

Looks like a hodgepodge of things photo manipulated into an image. Not high enough resolution to make anything out and that is likely intentional.

Call it "art".

Edited by esoteric_toad
Can't spell.
  • Like 1

It reminds me of some of the AI 'created' images I've seen. For example, the abstract image below was created totally by an algorithm fed hundreds of nude paintings. The image above on 'nonsense' objects seems to be basically the same thing, except the algorithm was fed images of random household or retail objects.

ai-classical-lounging-figures-3.jpg

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree this look like an a.i. concocted image. Hardly interesting we see pics of unidentifiable things all the time.

• Like 3

Undoubtedly something generated by one of those moronic TensorFlow/Theano-based proggies.

• Like 2

Just a bad, unsharp picture, not sharp enough to zoom in to see what everything is. Stuffed toy animals , ladies jewellery, all kind of things from a gift shop. Nothing weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the time I did salvia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Its at an Art studio LIKE ! place and every city has them and the hippies flock to them and have a table and set their bead toys etc. oh excuuuuuuuuse me ART! up, the University or whatEVER!Host gets the 60% on the sales.

UPDATE: I had that wrong, house gets 40% in the calc its x .6 and invert.  What is a shame is regular folks get word of that, old junky whatever garbage shop or say a fly fishing shop etc. or used clothes, and they're truly <snip> ...or high or something because right away they try working that in for there little fly by night rental place-- well, their tripe is not art. They'd be doing well to get 12 or 15%, oh and let me tell you that really goes over well when you laughingly tell them that. hahhahahahaahaaa! If looks could kill kind of thing ha! Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Its at an Art studio LIKE ! place and every city has them and the hippies flock to them and have a table and set their bead toys etc. oh excuuuuuuuuse me ART! up, the University or whatEVER!Host gets the 60% on the sales.

UPDATE: I had that wrong, house gets 40% in the calc its x .6 and invert.  What is a shame is regular folks get word of that, old junky whatever garbage shop or say a fly fishing shop etc. or used clothes, and they're truly <snip> ...or high or something because right away they try working that in for there little fly by night rental place-- well, their tripe is not art. They'd be doing well to get 12 or 15%, oh and let me tell you that really goes over well when you laughingly tell them that. hahhahahahaahaaa! If looks could kill kind of thing ha! Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Whaaat? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah nice one <snip>ing <SNIP>!

I was talking about the picture posted that when viral and what it was about.

• Like 1

*yawn*

• Haha 1

I do one better, I'll name everything, " homemade items"

Edited by TripGun
  • Haha 2

Ill tell you one thing, looking at that picture hungover is not doing me any justice haha.

• Haha 1

Could be an AI altered or created image, but honestly I think I could make this in Photoshop with a photo of household items and the "heal" brush in less than 10 minutes. I'm no expert, but I've made enough Photoshop "heal" mistakes to recognize it. :) 

• Like 2

Yeah precisely what I was saying repurposed reused RECYCLED beads, refurbished everything- can we say hodgepodge?, jewelry YAHTZEE earrings and homemade ah STUFF that kinda sorta mimics art.  Old thing seen it a million times in a million cities. However, this spin idea might ACTUALLY, and ODDLY be making them and countless others jumping on the coattails some real coin.

Alrighty that's a wrap and-- well, I for one give a big thanks to
@Dracolley for this:

1 hour ago, Dracolley said:

. . . /r/interestingas****, writing "This picture is designed to give the viewer the simulated experience of having a stroke (particularly in the occipital lobe of the cerebral cortex, where visual perception occurs.) Everything looks hauntingly familiar but you just can't quite recognize anything." The post gained over 11,000 points. On Tumblr, user Mixolydia[5]posted the photo without the visual effect in a post that gained over . . .

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

No, the tumblr post of the one "without the filter" is completely false. This is not an image with a filter applied at all but the doings of a Generative Adversarial Network. More specifically Ganbreeder.

On 27/04/2019 at 5:27 PM, Dracolley said:

The photo was covered by AV Club,[6] The Sun,[7] and others. On April 23rd, Redditor mcsabas[4] posted an explanation of the picture to /r/interestingas****, writing "This picture is designed to give the viewer the simulated experience of having a stroke (particularly in the occipital lobe of the cerebral cortex, where visual perception occurs.) Everything looks hauntingly familiar but you just can't quite recognize anything." The post gained over 11,000 points. On Tumblr, user Mixolydia[5]posted the photo without the visual effect in a post that gained over 47,000 notes (shown below).

21bk4f7.jpg

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1486321-name-one-thing-in-this-photo

I don't think that was the exact original picture before effects were applied, I think that was someone's attempt to reconstruct what it might have been. For instance, the cuddly Cthulhu looks nothing at all like a Person posing like that, although some of things are like one of those puzzle pictures where you stare at something for twenty minutes and then a picture of Donald Trump leaps out at you. That does, for instance, look like a deer's head on the right, yes, and there is a  giant pepper mill or chess piece of whatever it is peeking out from behind the jewellery on the left. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty