Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Make Your Case Here

Aquila King

On 5/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, Mr Walker said:

That depends on the god you are conversing with and what its expectations are ;)  It has worked exceptionally well for me and for many other people whom i know closely and well . 

As if that lends any credence or adds anything with relevance to this God of yours, you just carry on, with your imaginary friends in your imaginary reality with this real God of yours... 

Have fun... 

~

• Like 2

My beliefs in the afterlife are in accordance with Biblical Christianity.  When Adam sinned by disobeying God, sin passed to all men.  As it is written in Scripture:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

When sin became imputed to man, the result was death, all men are sentenced to death because of sin.  This death is not only physical but spiritual, and includes eternal separation from God in Hell.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death.

But because God loves man so much, He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross to pay the sin penalty of every man, woman, and child on earth.

Romans 5:28 But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

Jesus not only paid our sin penalty with His death on the cross, but also rose from the dead and conquered sin and death itself with His resurrection.  He offers eternal life in Heaven to all who come to Him.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.

The above promise isn't a maybe, or can be, it is definitive. If one admits they are a sinner and sincerely asks Jesus for eternal life, He will give it to him.

Afterlife consists of an eternity with God and with Christ in Heaven.  For now this is a spiritual existence.  After the rapture of the Church, the Antichrist will appear and will establish a one world government in which all who refuse to worship him will be put to death.  This man will be possessed by none other than Satan himself.  The Bible gives several hints as to the identity of the Antichrist's religion.  It will not be overt Satanism, but will instead be deceptive.  Some of these hints include changing the times of the year which implies a new calendar, executing those who refuse to worship the beast by beheading them.  This implies the religion of the Antichrist will be radical Islam. The Lord Jesus Christ however will return to the earth seven years after the Antichrist establishes his New World Order and will destroy the usurper and his army with the sword of His mouth.  Christ will then establish a physical Kingdom on earth with the redeemed of God and will reign from Jerusalem for 1000 years. After this, Satan will be released from the bottomless pit for a short time and will finally and once and for all be destroyed by God and will suffer his eternity in the lake of fire along with his demons and all who refuse to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior.

Then God will create a new heaven and a new earth.  This existence will be perfect, there will be no more pain, sickness, or dying.  There will no longer be any sun, because God Himself will provide light.   This will be a blessed existence without end in the presence of God and of Christ.

I really don't understand why anyone has to prove that God exists. It's rather obvious that God knows he exists just as well as I know it. I would never question my existence. Although I still have doubts about the existence of others. Or rather just some of the others.  How can such people exist?

14 hours ago, third_eye said:

As if that lends any credence or adds anything with relevance to this God of yours, you just carry on, with your imaginary friends in your imaginary reality with this real God of yours... 

Have fun... 

~

Likewise. 

7 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I really don't understand why anyone has to prove that God exists. It's rather obvious that God knows he exists just as well as I know it. I would never question my existence

I do all the time. A brain in a vat? Part of computer programme? Or simply a collection of bacteria, viruses and cells clumped together. A pack of neurons?

What defines this "you" that you speak of and are so certain exists?