Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

85,000 Police investigated for misconduct

Vorg

Despite their role as public servants, the men and women who swear an oath to keep communities safe can generally avoid public scrutiny for their misdeeds.

The records of their misconduct are filed away, rarely seen by anyone outside their departments. Police unions and their political allies have worked to put special protections in place ensuring some records are shielded from public view, or even destroyed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we-found-85000-cops-whove-been-investigated-for-misconduct-now-you-can-read-their-records/ar-BBWgqVY?li=BBnb7Kz

And for me this is not a slam on law enforcement, but accountability. For those who wear a badge honorably, well done, but for those that don't, you are a blot on your entire profession.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

i've been saying it for years police unions protect their criminals. 

a friend of mine was ran over and killed by a off duty cop, he left the scene, was doing 60 in 30 zone, yet somehow he was found not guilty

Edited by aztek
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Actually, one could argue that this is favorable to police.   Of the 85,000 investigated, 30,000 have been banned from the profession.   That's over 35%.    Being that some of the 85,000 would be cleared justifiably, and others would be found to not be a job losing offense, this isn't as bad as I would have thought.  

Of course the unions will protect their own.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Actually, one could argue that this is favorable to police.   Of the 85,000 investigated, 30,000 have been banned from the profession.   That's over 35%.    Being that some of the 85,000 would be cleared justifiably, and others would be found to not be a job losing offense, this isn't as bad as I would have thought.  

Of course the unions will protect their own.

True. The Military issues bad conduct discharges, and Police should be no different.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

True. The Military issues bad conduct discharges, and Police should be no different.

they should be but they are not,  they will hire you even if psychiatrists says you are 100% not fit for duty, it has happened before, but they will not hire you if you are too smart.  we had entire thread about it several years back

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

they should be but they are not,  they will hire you even if psychiatrists says you are 100% not fit for duty, it has happened before, but they will not hire you if you are too smart.  we had entire thread about it several years back

Totally ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

Is that due to a lack of applicants? The red tape they put on Cops these days is making that job harder and harder to do

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Is that due to a lack of applicants? The red tape they put on Cops these days is making that job harder and harder to do

no, because they need dumb obedient thugs, not people who can think. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/too-smart-to-be-a-cop/

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-court-ruled-you-can-be-too-smart-to-be-a-cop/5420630

US police do not hire intelligent people: Ex-CIA contractor

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/06/09/414999/US-POLICE-BRUTALITY-BLACK-PEOPLE-AFRICAN-aMERICANS

yet if you are dumb thug with mental issues sure they hire those

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/us/whereabouts-of-cast-out-police-officers-other-cities-often-hire-them.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officer-who-killed-tamir-rice-found-unfit-previous-police-job-n261111

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

My town had a hiring freeze because all the applicants were white even though they were short handed. They had a minority quota to meet and couldn't hire anyone that wasn't a minority.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Michelle said:

My town had a hiring freeze because all the applicants were white even though they were short handed. They had a minority quota to meet and couldn't hire anyone that wasn't a minority.

That happens from Hollywood to office jobs now. We live in clown world.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

That happens from Hollywood to office jobs now. We live in clown world.

Yeah...if I was hiring someone that was going to have a gun in their hand, I want the best person for the job. Not because of ethnicity or sex.

• Like 4

There are people that believe you should do whatever a Police Officer tells you to period. And this is what feeds the bad ones. They violate your rights by demanding you to ID yourself, and you ask "Based on what reasonable articulate suspicion am I being asked to ID myself?" In some states it is legal for a Police Officer to demand ID without that suspicion, however a lot of this occurs in states that it is not legal for an Officer to demand, rather than ask you to ID yourself. YouTube is full of videos of people standing up for their rights when asked to ID themselves and the Officer tells them they will "make up" charges, arrest them. Or they call for backup, and the backup Officers say "Charge him with obstruction." Then they get to the station and realize that they cannot arrest on that charge alone, so they "make up charges" ID him, (their original request) then drop all charges. So being thugs they ID you.

This should be an eye opener. For merely asking for a complaint form watch what happens in multiple Departments.

Edited by South Alabam

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

There are people that believe you should do whatever a Police Officer tells you to period. And this is what feeds the bad ones. They violate your rights by demanding you to ID yourself, and you ask "Based on what reasonable articulate suspicion am I being asked to ID myself?" In some states it is legal for a Police Officer to demand ID without that suspicion, however a lot of this occurs in states that it is not legal for an Officer to demand, rather than ask you to ID yourself. YouTube is full of videos of people standing up for their rights when asked to ID themselves and the Officer tells them they will "make up" charges, arrest them. Or they call for backup, and the backup Officers say "Charge him with obstruction." Then they get to the station and realize that they cannot arrest on that charge alone, so they "make up charges" ID him, (their original request) then drop all charges. So being thugs they ID you.

This should be an eye opener. For merely asking for a complaint form watch what happens in multiple Departments.

I think that for every instance like this, there are a few instances where the  civilian is defiant.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michelle said:

Is this documented somewhere or is this based on hearsay? I'm not calling you a liar. I was just curious if this was something that was actually formally announced.

25 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Is this documented somewhere or is this based on hearsay? I'm not calling you a liar. I was just curious if this was something that was actually formally announced.

Friends and family who are police officers told me first.

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/cpd-offers-public-500-to-help-increase-diversity

39 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Friends and family who are police officers told me first.

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/cpd-offers-public-500-to-help-increase-diversity

This article does not at all reflect what you described above.

This is actually a good program that more communities might be better off implementing. And if there was a hiring freeze going on at the time, then perhaps the donations they received for the program made it possible to lift them to improve the department. Or perhaps a diverse police force is better than a non diverse one. Based on the information provided I'm having trouble seeing how anyone could have an issue with this.

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

This article does not at all reflect what you described above.

I had known about the situation for two years before they came up with this "solution". If you choose not to believe it, fine.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Michelle said:

Yeah...if I was hiring someone that was going to have a gun in their hand, I want the best person for the job. Not because of ethnicity or sex.

I think that right there is where the problems started.  Trying to even the playing field has screwed up our whole society.  Those who excel and are more qualified should hired no matter their skin colour or sex.

• Like 1

writing complaint to police dept will get you nowhere even a complaint to IA is almost always useless,  you can be sure that whoever takes complaint will inform officer, and retaliation is very likely. if not certain, 

one needs to have a video, or other documented proof,  upload to you tube, multiple social media sites, even dept FB page. nowadays all police dept have their pages,  and write\send evidence to city hall, news agencies, civilian oversight unit, there will be no use to talk to a desk sergeant with god complex. 

the best way to deal with a badge is to have a bigger badge on your side

Edited by aztek

3 hours ago, aztek said:

writing complaint to police dept will get you nowhere even a complaint to IA is almost always useless,  you can be sure that whoever takes complaint will inform officer, and retaliation is very likely. if not certain, 

one needs to have a video, or other documented proof,  upload to you tube, multiple social media sites, even dept FB page. nowadays all police dept have their pages,  and write\send evidence to city hall, news agencies, civilian oversight unit, there will be no use to talk to a desk sergeant with god complex. 

the best way to deal with a badge is to have a bigger badge on your side

In all reality if you have an Officer on tape violating your rights, you cannot sue their Department, but that Officer can be personally sued for violating your rights and violating Departmental policy. If you don't have it on tape, well, good luck giving your word against someone wearing a badge. And I could keep posting video after video of such things, but I won't, however Youtube is full of them and they get downright infuriating to watch at times.

8 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

In all reality if you have an Officer on tape violating your rights, you cannot sue their Department, but that Officer can be personally sued for violating your rights and violating Departmental policy. If you don't have it on tape, well, good luck giving your word against someone wearing a badge. And I could keep posting video after video of such things, but I won't, however Youtube is full of them and they get downright infuriating to watch at times.

yes you can file violation of oath of office complaint, you can also file a claim against that cops insurance bond, all depts have them,  this way money will not come from city  (if you win) but from department insurance policy.  you are right without some kind of proof, you wont get anywhere

Edited by aztek