Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

'Entire rattlesnake' in fossilized human poop

Still Waters

A 1,500-year-old chunk of fossilized human poop found at a former rock shelter in Texas contains evidence of an ancient hunter-gatherer who consumed an entire rattlesnake—including a fang. Archaeologists have never seen anything quite like it.

https://gizmodo.com/fossilized-human-poop-shows-ancient-forager-ate-an-enti-1834222964

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/1500-year-old-chunk-fossilized-human-poop-contains-remains-whole-rattlesnake-180972033/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Piney

Some sort of ceremonial practice was the first thing I thought too. It could of also been some sort of suicide ritual. Many tribes practiced extremely painful ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dark_Grey
1 minute ago, Piney said:

Some sort of ceremonial practice was the first thing I thought too. It could of also been some sort of suicide ritual. Many tribes practiced extremely painful ones. 

I was thinking it was a double-dog dare. 

"Dude, I'll give you the rest of my berries if you can eat that whole rattlesnake..."

"Pfft! Hold my fermented fruit juice and stand back"

• Haha 6

'Walt' E. Kurtz

It's when you feel the smell of your own feces you start to wonder who you really are. 

• Haha 4

aztek

i did eat snake in Thailand,  it tasted pretty good actually, but i did not eat head with poison glands. 

• Like 1

and then

I remembered this immediately...

• Haha 4