Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baltimore Mayor's Offices raided by Feds

Eldorado

"Supporters of Baltimore's embattled mayor have grown largely quiet as a chorus of resignation calls has dramatically swelled following raids of her government offices, her two city homes and other locations by teams of federal investigators carting out boxes of evidence."

"In the latest image-tarnishing scandal for struggling Baltimore, investigators with the FBI and IRS have joined multiple probes looking at the Democratic mayor's lucrative sales of her obscure self-published children's books to customers that included a hospital network she once helped oversee and a major health plan that does business with the city."

Full report at UK Yahoo News: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/baltimore-mayor-urged-resign-federal-raids-025545396.html?

Video report at reuters: https://mobile.reuters.com/video/2019/04/26/fbi-and-irs-raid-baltimore-mayors-home-c?videoId=542351742&videoChannel=1

Oh my god she sold children's books! The audacity! Im willing to bet that this was not the reason somebody wanted her to resign, just the means to force it.

It's not what she was selling, it's how she was selling them. There is a difference.

• Like 2

Well., the raids were federal so no conflict of interest.

I'll wait 'til I see the actual charges.  But something tells me she broke laws.

She really should have just charged a $300,000 membership fee to visit her property or sold 50 or so unused room rentals on AirBnB at her house.  That appears to be a perfectly legal way to get money from dubious sources.

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

She really should have just charged a $300,000 membership fee to visit her property or sold 50 or so unused room rentals on AirBnB at her house.  That appears to be a perfectly legal way to get money from dubious sources.

Being honest is also an option.