Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird happenings of an old 'haunted' jukebox

Still Waters

At some point I had to slice through the Mensa-like brilliance of Richard Loban and ask him the layman's question, the one journalists are supposed to ask.

"Is your jukebox haunted?"

A little over a year ago, he bought a 1954 Seeburg Model HF100R jukebox on eBay. 

The owner lived in Rhode Island; he inadvertently bought the jukebox when he bought a warehouse. A couple of months later, he sold it to Loban for $800. It then cost Loban $500 to have it delivered to Marionville, where he lives on 10 acres.

Since then, some strange things have happened with the jukebox.

https://eu.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2019/04/23/pokin-around-jukebox-old-retro-haunted-collector-radios-cars/3550908002/

• Like 3

he sold it to Loban for $800.

------

It then cost Loban $500 to have it delivered to Marionville, where he lives on 10 acres.

https://eu.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2019/04/23/pokin-around-jukebox-old-retro-haunted-collector-radios-cars/3550908002/

What? How much for delivery?

Yep, that is weird.

So the guy has spent all this money on a faulty jukebox, although he has tried to fix it.

"I have not come up with an explanation," Loban tells me. "I will not sell the box because it is not operating correctly. It's not going anywhere."

Not until he has advertised it as haunted.

Ah! Done.

Reckon we will be seeing this going back on ebay soon, now the seed is sewn. 

• Thanks 1

This is cute. I just ditched a bunch of 45's but stashing the collection in a jukebox would have been fun. IIRC, they would randomly play songs to generate business in restaurants they were at. Maybe it was not that random, but they would play on their own. I remember if we hated the song that came up we'd drop a few quarters to play ones we liked. 

• Like 1

I am open to the possibility that a spirit would interact through a jukebox. The expert seemed stumped after serious effort and investigation and it seems to have an interesting history.

Considering (not jumping to) the paranormal though gets one scoffed at even on a forum called Unexplained Mysteries.

• Haha 1

since i have restored many old arcade machines and pre computer pinball etc i dont find anything paranormal or supernatural about this at all, and some owners desire their machines to act "haunted" and so much "haunted" bs on ebay im guessing that tactic to boost value only goes so far.

i havent found the one i want yet when funds were there but i plan to grab an old player piano for my second foyer, perhaps even the type with other instruments, and you can be very sure it will play as if "haunted"  and only creepy tunes....

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, the13bats said:

and you can be very sure it will play as if "haunted"  and only creepy tunes....

the only kind worth having :D 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

the only kind worth having :D 

what can i say, im like some cross over cousin of the musters and adams....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

This is cute. I just ditched a bunch of 45's but stashing the collection 

Dont throw away your records since there might be worth a few bob sell them on discogs or give them to me :-)