Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The afterlife...true or just comforting?

marsman

Just now, XenoFish said:

Is that on your bucket list? 

Yes, the bucket with the list of things not to repeat. Are you out of your depression phase? If not, I'll try to cheer you up with more of my nonsense, if you really care.

2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

has no business being here without having read Plato.

but you dont know i havent read him....and his brothers works too...he was called Fatso

how else would i know he was wrong if i didnt read about him? dont doubt my intelligence....youre not dealing with a young idiot

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marsman said:

if reincarnation was true....how come the worlds population is the largest its ever been?

Go ask Plato! Or better still, go to those sources that say Plato got it wrong. I did not know that you knew numbers? Have you ever considered that souls are not merely earthlings? There is life in other worlds. Hey, the simple answer is that even souls have sex, and reproduce additional bodies their children, like you, will need to occupy.

I still expect an apology from you, or I will not provide any further answers to your childish curiosity. But remember, it's always more fun, and satifying finding the answers for yourself

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You said it. Not I.

I take responsibility for my faults, whereas you blame it all on others. That's what you say.

2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I take responsibility for my faults, whereas you blame it all on others. That's what you say.

Um, no. This is marsman's thread. Are you here to discuss or complain? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

Go ask Plato! Or better still, go to those sources that say Plato got it wrong. I did not know that you knew numbers? Have you ever considered that souls are not merely earthlings? There is life in other worlds. Hey, the simple answer is that even souls have sex, and reproduce additional bodies their children, like you, will need to occupy.

I still expect an apology from you, or I will not provide any further answers to your childish curiosity. But remember, it's always more fun, and satifying finding the answers for yourself

Pettytalk....such a fitting name....children like me.? my sons are probably older than you...heck maybe my grandson is too

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

, the simple answer is that even souls have sex, and reproduce additional bodies their children, like you, will need to occupy.

prove it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it will be very hard to prove that the spirit world exists if it exists. Science requires that an experiment can be done over and over again, and give the same result every time, to prove something. However, that is not how the spirit world works as far as I understand it. When channeling the spirit world, the spirit world at every occasion decides what spirit(s) to bring forward, and what information to convey, based on what the person needs at the moment. It is not a process that can be repeated over and over again giving the same result.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marsman said:

if reincarnation was true....how come the worlds population is the largest its ever been?

Because it is not a closed system. Souls enter and leave the system of human incarnation. Humans are a tiny, tiny sliver of all life forms in the universe. 

At one point there were zero humans.

Edited by papageorge1

I think it is just comforting to those who believe.

• Like 1

I've had some experiences that made me think maybe, in someway we do go on, but I don't know, i'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I don't like to think my loved ones are just gone, but I am ok with I don't know.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

I've had some experiences that made me think maybe, in someway we do go on,

As have I, but nothing that conclusively proves or disproves an afterlife.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Just one more reason for admonishing you. Plato gave us what seems to be the first, and most complete NDE account of the afterlife. Someone who starts this kind of thread has no business being here without having read Plato. Believe it or not, much more so than starting a thread on Atlantis. But al, you could do is complain about paragraph breaks. Apparently you would have difficulties reading Plato even with full instructions.

And I still find you to be very childish, as you should have recognized your shortfalls and your error. And instead of continuing with this nonsense, you should have just apologized, and thanked me for my contribution to this thread you have started. Which is nothing new, as there are dozens of other forums that specialize in the discussion of the afterlife.

Therefore just say your sorry, and let us move on.

Confused_George_Clooney.0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Hey, the simple answer is that even souls have sex, and reproduce additional bodies their children,

And the evidence for this would be...?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

That statement of theirs makes me have so many questions... :blink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/04/2019 at 8:36 PM, XenoFish said:

There's nothing.

As if you'd know. Another in a long line of pronouncements that come from a place of wanting to be the arbiter of all, but not being that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Habitat said:

As if you'd know. Another in a long line of pronouncements that come from a place of wanting to be the arbiter of all, but not being that.

Same as....

yourself?

Making pronouncements as if you were the herald of god, no?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Same as....

yourself?

Making pronouncements as if you were the herald of god, no?

As if you would know, that I don't know. and to exclude the proposition, is clearly impossible, regardless.

45 minutes ago, Habitat said:

As if you would know, that I don't know. and to exclude the proposition, is clearly impossible, regardless.

Where have you been? Lol 

25 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Where have you been? Lol 

Been a little bit off, health-wise, feeling better, but some tests to be run this week.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Been a little bit off, health-wise, feeling better, but some tests to be run this week.

Ah shyt, I hope you feel better soon and it ends up being nothing serious. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Ah shyt, I hope you feel better soon and it ends up being nothing serious. 

Thank you.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Sorry! It's evidence rated PG.