Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
marsman

The afterlife...true or just comforting?

175 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Pettytalk
22 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

I live in Florida, we don't have 4 seasons we have two, hurricane and tourist.  Both of the have their own kind of hell or joy.  There is no watchmaker from what I see from here in my slice of nature, the universe, from my observation, is a living system that maybe no more smart than a cow in a field or a being carrying it's microbiome like we do with our bacteria.  It is born, lives, produces more life, and dies in its own time just like everything does.  I really don't have any use for quotes from a historical novel 2000 years out of date to see and understand what is going on all around me in nature. But I could use a good electron microscope and a space telescope. We live in an age of wonder and all that is at our fingertips if we take the time the time to look.  

If you are able to put up with hurricanes and tourists, it's no wonder that you remain in Florida. But if you go to Switzerland there are still lots of watchmakers. What you need is a Rolex, a Golden One.

The age of Wonder was put at our fingertips to take time to look at time, and The Golden Watchmaker who makes it tick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Pettytalk
14 hours ago, lightly said:

I get what your trying to say Rlyeh but, I just have to disagree with those two ideas .  You can neither experience, or record,  NOTHING.        .

   

It's not hard to get what many state here, but we seem to have differences as to what we get. But it has been proven here that one can experience and record nothing. Case in point. On some of my posts, which is a recording, some here experience it as nothing, as they say that I posted lots of nothing. The fact is that there is a big variety of nothing, if nothing is something, as it has been posited on this thread. Because for every something there is a nothing, if we are to accept the universality of opposites.

The difficulty here is not that life has death as its opposite. Because we can then logically prove that death comes after life, as well as life coming after death. And an afterlife is just as logical as a before-life.

The difficulty is if there is an afterlife that preserves some part or all of what we are now, consciously. We know for certain that there is an afterlife for our material bodies when it dies, no argument there. As someone coined the phrase, "we are stardust", "children of the stars."

For instance, in The Old Testament of the Bible, and the creation of man, we have pure symbolism (ancient wisdom). God takes material components to shape the body, but it's not until he breathes life into the material, the spiritual (consciousness), that we become more than mere material dust. Just as planets and other stars are created "born" from the death of another star. A supernova, the death of a star, and the energy given off acts upon the interstellar dust to give another cycle of new life.

I reiterate that there is an afterlife without a doubt. However, to prove that our specific and personally detailed, individual heart and minds (consciousness) goes on in the cycle of life-death-life-death is plainly very difficult to demonstrate objectively, on a large scale. Subjectively, it's easily done, but on a very small scale, since those that have had what they believe to be genuine corroboration that we, our individual identity, go on are just a tiny, a very tiny, portion of the population. And as they say, you have to see it to believe it, for most of us. Unfortunately most of us don't see the light until we die.

Subjectively, I have seen the light and the flame, and I know I have been this way before, many times. The question I pose to myself is one asking if I will come this way again, one more time? Objectively, I ask myself another question, how many times have we all been here before? 

Hear me, then:–Three tribes of mortal beings
have still to be created, but if created by me they would be like gods. Do ye
therefore make them; I will implant in them the seed of immortality, and you
shall weave together the mortal and immortal, and provide food for them, and
receive them again in death.’ Thus he spake, and poured the remains of the
elements into the cup in which he had mingled the soul of the universe. They
were no longer pure as before, but diluted; and the mixture he distributed into
souls equal in number to the stars, and assigned each to a star–then having
mounted them, as in a chariot, he showed them the nature of the universe, and
told them of their future birth and human lot. They were to be sown in the
planets, and out of them was to come forth the most religious of animals, which
would hereafter be called man. The souls were to be implanted in bodies, which
were in a perpetual flux, whence, he said, would arise, first, sensation; secondly,
love, which is a mixture of pleasure and pain; thirdly, fear and anger, and the
opposite affections: and if they conquered these, they would live righteously,
but if they were conquered by them, unrighteously. He who lived well would
return to his native star, and would there have a blessed existence
......

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy

It's strange how we know we will see our departed loves ones again, albeit in spirit form.I'm not religious,it's just a given,one of the only certainties of our existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Truthseeker007
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:16 AM, Rlyeh said:

Can you name one instance of this?  Shouldn't be too hard if it always happens.

Well eat an apple and plant the seed it came from to start a new apple for just one example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well eat an apple and plant the seed it came from to start a new apple for just one example.

You're saying you are your own father.

You are really that ignorant of biology.  Here the original tree is not dead, and even if it was the seed grows into a new tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
On 27/04/2019 at 3:19 PM, marsman said:

OK....cards on the table...im a skeptic.....i think we die.and thats it...we wont even know it..

but..there are those who HAVE DIED....but have been revived....who then talk of being in heaven...talking to Jesus.....being sent back....as its not their time etc....there are also those who talk of hell....

what do you think?   thousands of stories can be found online......are they JUST stories?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=is++the+afterlife+true

 

 

I can tell you this there is a journey after we pass and there is powers in the universe that we just can't comprehend.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
On 15/05/2019 at 1:24 AM, Pettytalk said:

It's not hard to get what many state here, but we seem to have differences as to what we get. But it has been proven here that one can experience and record nothing. Case in point. On some of my posts, which is a recording, some here experience it as nothing, as they say that I posted lots of nothing. The fact is that there is a big variety of nothing, if nothing is something, as it has been posited on this thread. Because for every something there is a nothing, if we are to accept the universality of opposites.

The difficulty here is not that life has death as its opposite. Because we can then logically prove that death comes after life, as well as life coming after death. And an afterlife is just as logical as a before-life.

The difficulty is if there is an afterlife that preserves some part or all of what we are now, consciously. We know for certain that there is an afterlife for our material bodies when it dies, no argument there. As someone coined the phrase, "we are stardust", "children of the stars."

For instance, in The Old Testament of the Bible, and the creation of man, we have pure symbolism (ancient wisdom). God takes material components to shape the body, but it's not until he breathes life into the material, the spiritual (consciousness), that we become more than mere material dust. Just as planets and other stars are created "born" from the death of another star. A supernova, the death of a star, and the energy given off acts upon the interstellar dust to give another cycle of new life.

I reiterate that there is an afterlife without a doubt. However, to prove that our specific and personally detailed, individual heart and minds (consciousness) goes on in the cycle of life-death-life-death is plainly very difficult to demonstrate objectively, on a large scale. Subjectively, it's easily done, but on a very small scale, since those that have had what they believe to be genuine corroboration that we, our individual identity, go on are just a tiny, a very tiny, portion of the population. And as they say, you have to see it to believe it, for most of us. Unfortunately most of us don't see the light until we die.

Subjectively, I have seen the light and the flame, and I know I have been this way before, many times. The question I pose to myself is one asking if I will come this way again, one more time? Objectively, I ask myself another question, how many times have we all been here before? 

Hear me, then:–Three tribes of mortal beings
have still to be created, but if created by me they would be like gods. Do ye
therefore make them; I will implant in them the seed of immortality, and you
shall weave together the mortal and immortal, and provide food for them, and
receive them again in death.’ Thus he spake, and poured the remains of the
elements into the cup in which he had mingled the soul of the universe. They
were no longer pure as before, but diluted; and the mixture he distributed into
souls equal in number to the stars, and assigned each to a star–then having
mounted them, as in a chariot, he showed them the nature of the universe, and
told them of their future birth and human lot. They were to be sown in the
planets, and out of them was to come forth the most religious of animals, which
would hereafter be called man. The souls were to be implanted in bodies, which
were in a perpetual flux, whence, he said, would arise, first, sensation; secondly,
love, which is a mixture of pleasure and pain; thirdly, fear and anger, and the
opposite affections: and if they conquered these, they would live righteously,
but if they were conquered by them, unrighteously. He who lived well would
return to his native star, and would there have a blessed existence
......

 

I am a person who obtain's the facts based on analyzing factual events taking place.By observing what happened to me the other day i now know these facts.

1} My daughter was there with me in some form because she planned  the systematic events which took place that would change my view on surviving death/after life.

2) Now with my mind set changed it is a fact that my daughter is in the after life and she came back to validate this to me.

3) Based on this factual evidence that she is in the after life the facts indicate that there are powers beyond our comprehension therefore the probability of me going to

the after life and seeing my daughter with the factual evidence at hand is a fact. 

check out: is it all true or have we been fooled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
larryp
On 5/11/2019 at 11:29 AM, Alchopwn said:

". . .  but it should compel us to keep an open mind on the issue while we seek better evidence, come what may." 

Sometimes the evidence is buried beneath archaeological ruins. You need only look. After all, how do you know where you're going, until you see where you've been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
On 5/23/2019 at 6:05 PM, Paul1 said:

I am a person who obtain's the facts based on analyzing factual events taking place.By observing what happened to me the other day i now know these facts.

1} My daughter was there with me in some form because she planned  the systematic events which took place that would change my view on surviving death/after life.

2) Now with my mind set changed it is a fact that my daughter is in the after life and she came back to validate this to me.

3) Based on this factual evidence that she is in the after life the facts indicate that there are powers beyond our comprehension therefore the probability of me going to

the after life and seeing my daughter with the factual evidence at hand is a fact. 

check out: is it all true or have we been fooled

Did you tell this story somewhere ? Feel free to share if not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
On 26/05/2019 at 3:58 AM, spartan max2 said:

Did you tell this story somewhere ? Feel free to share if not.

page one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
3 minutes ago, Paul1 said:

Page one Forum: Is it all true or have we been fooled.

 

On 26/05/2019 at 3:58 AM, spartan max2 said:

Did you tell this story somewhere ? Feel free to share if not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
3 hours ago, Paul1 said:

page one

Not there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pbarosso
On 5/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, Paul1 said:

I can tell you this there is a journey after we pass and there is powers in the universe that we just can't comprehend.  

i agree, it is folly to think we can even comprehend any entity which can create a whole existence/reality and then say....."nope, there is no God because blah bla blah and im so smart"

if there is a god, it is 99.99999% likely we cant understand anything about it/him etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, pbarosso said:

i agree, it is folly to think we can even comprehend any entity which can create a whole existence/reality and then say....."nope, there is no God because blah bla blah and im so smart"

if there is a god, it is 99.99999% likely we cant understand anything about it/him etc.

One of life's follies to think it is a matter penetrable by reason. But that doesn't stop people trying, and the ego does lend support to the notion. What we don't know, we don't know, and what we can't know, we never will.

Edited by Habitat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

Another of life's follies is to simply believe that we as humans can never figure out the whole God as a Concept thing that evolved into Religion.

The Folly is that we don't know what we don't know...when in fact...of course...we do know.  The true folly for many is that, coming to an understanding of that Knowledge...means they have to let go of their prior beliefs...hence, stepping out of one's birth box which most are want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hartmut

Fact is :  Believing in something does not make it necessarily real !
So far  - No one has proven , or can prove that there is Life after Death. 
Like it is with UFOs - No one can Prove  Anything without Hard and Undeniable FACTS -  if there is indeed Life after Death ! 
Remember Carl Sagan: 'Extraordinary Claims - Need Extraordinary PROOF !

So for everyone's peace of mind, let's us just all wait what happens after we die.
If we end up in Elysium Great - If not, we would not know ! 


 


 

 

Beauty  BIGGER.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

If someone wants to believe in an afterlife, no matter how unlikely it is. I don't care, so long as you're not killing people because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1

I don"t know where to start or how to say this as I am really lost for words so I will just come straight out and say it. I had a visit form my daughter Elly in spirit from on Good Friday afternoon 19/04/2019.Now before you think I am going crazy or going mad I have decided to share my experience with you in detail.

On good Friday just passed I was sitting on the couch looking at my phone on my own and I was very focused on my phone at the time. I then felt cold all of a sudden with a shiver up my back.Then a noise got my attention coming from the front door it was my keys in the door jingling, really going nuts. I could not see the keys from where I was sitting but I thought someone was at the door so I called out," is anyone there?" and got up to walk over to the door in which time the jingling had stopped. I was told that my daughter may contact me at some point in time so I did have an open mind about this but I really did not believe. In walking over to the door I passed my daughter's framed photos and I stopped about two meters from the door. My thoughts at this point was gee that was very odd because I knew it was my keys moving and heaps too. It then came over me maybe it was Elly so I said "Is that you Elly are you here?" and straight away two pictures were knocked onto the floor behind me right at that point in time.Now my house is built on a concrete slab and is still.I have never had any pictures fall onto the ground in the 12 years i have be living here.Even when it is very windy outside my keys in the door don't move at all.  

I put  the pictures back and re-enacted by pushing the pictures off the table top and every time the large picture would not fall on the floor it would lay on top of the table only the small picture fell on the floor.The only way i could get the two pictures to fall on the floor was to pull the large picture over from the top.Sliding the large picture off onto the small one left the large picture flat on the table top every time and not on the floor with the small one.The only way the two could be knocked off was by a pulling or sucking motion.  

Now I am a Methods Engineer my daughter knows I am a very logical practical person but gee wiz this has really shocked me but in a happy way because now i know without question that my daughter was with me and she knew what i said or  what i was thinking at the time. Elly knows that white feathers or lights flickering would not convince me. She was a very smart in her mortal form and she new it was about the timing with me because i told her what i have had experiences before and it was just not what happened but the timing of what happened made me believe that there is a creator of our world.However i did still had some doubt as i was not 100% sure. Elly pulled the two pictures off at the right time wow It still blows me away thinking about it.There is another message here as well its very interesting Elly picked good Friday because Elly did not believe in God and was convinced in evolution  from monkey's.Therefore The other message from Elly  is that everyone in mortal form is resurrected into spirit form. Jesus came back in spirit form like every one else dose.Therefore we have it all wrong he did not die for our sins as this is normal for everyone to take spirit form. He came back in spirit form to give the 12 faith to carry on and spread the teaching's around the world without there leader as he was really showing us and them there is still a journey after death. That's the message i feel and we have taken it the wrong way.Also Jesus followed the culture of the times and had 12 males as the apostles this always puzzled me as it has always been written that God was  fair and just and Creator-ed men and women as equal. Therefore he should have chosen  6 men and 6 women.Now i understand that when Jesus died he took spirit form like every one else who dies it makes sense that he did not know any different as he too had a free choice and i feel he has made the wrong choice in choosing 12 males in following the culture of the times. 

My daughter loved life she was living it to the fullest in Mozambique and she would be very very angry that her life was cut short at 20.

I have a message for the men who murdered my daughter and deprived Elly Warren of her mortal life - she can move objects and hear what you say! You have p***ed off the wrong girl as everyone who new Elly knows she was NOT the person you would want to make angry or get on the wrong side of. My daughter's spirit and I are coming for you there is no where you can hide from Elly. I know this now and it puts a smile on my face knowing she is giving you hell.With the powers behind life i am sure there is a right and wrong and if you have taken a mortal life releasing that spirit earlier than it was meant to be.I am sure now we will be judged on our life in mortal form when we pass over into spirit life. So my message to everyone reading this is to be a good person because if you are not it will come back and bit you on the bum when you pass over i am sure that will be the way it works. 

In knowing now that when we die there is more about life that we really have no idea what knowledge there is beyond death. It's nice to know that I will meet Elly again when I pass and that she is here in spirit form. The keys are always in the door now.

I don't care if you want to share this as it happened and now I believe without question that we take spirit form when we die. There is so much technology and knowledge about the spirit world we don't yet know about just thinking about the journey after death puts my mind in a spin knowing what is now.The universe has so much more to offer us i know this and i am happy that one day i will meet Elly again.

Paul Warren

I am a person who obtain's the facts based on analyzing factual events taking place.By observing what happened to me the other day i now know these facts.

1} My daughter was there with me in some form because she planned  the systematic events which took place that would change my view on surviving death/after life.

2) Now with my mind set changed it is a fact that my daughter is in the after life and she came back to validate this to me.

3) Based on this factual evidence that she is in the after life the facts indicate that there are powers beyond our comprehension therefore the probability of me going to

the after life and seeing my daughter with the factual evidence at hand is a fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
On 26/05/2019 at 3:58 AM, spartan max2 said:

Did you tell this story somewhere ? Feel free to share if not.

at the bottom

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
On 27/05/2019 at 9:38 PM, openozy said:

Not there.

is now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
Just now, Paul1 said:

is now 

above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
1 minute ago, Paul1 said:

at the bottom

its above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Paul1 said:

I don"t know where to start or how to say this as I am really lost for words so I will just come straight out and say it. I had a visit form my daughter Elly in spirit from on Good Friday afternoon 19/04/2019.Now before you think I am going crazy or going mad I have decided to share my experience with you in detail.

On good Friday just passed I was sitting on the couch looking at my phone on my own and I was very focused on my phone at the time. I then felt cold all of a sudden with a shiver up my back.Then a noise got my attention coming from the front door it was my keys in the door jingling, really going nuts. I could not see the keys from where I was sitting but I thought someone was at the door so I called out," is anyone there?" and got up to walk over to the door in which time the jingling had stopped. I was told that my daughter may contact me at some point in time so I did have an open mind about this but I really did not believe. In walking over to the door I passed my daughter's framed photos and I stopped about two meters from the door. My thoughts at this point was gee that was very odd because I knew it was my keys moving and heaps too. It then came over me maybe it was Elly so I said "Is that you Elly are you here?" and straight away two pictures were knocked onto the floor behind me right at that point in time.Now my house is built on a concrete slab and is still.I have never had any pictures fall onto the ground in the 12 years i have be living here.Even when it is very windy outside my keys in the door don't move at all.  

I put  the pictures back and re-enacted by pushing the pictures off the table top and every time the large picture would not fall on the floor it would lay on top of the table only the small picture fell on the floor.The only way i could get the two pictures to fall on the floor was to pull the large picture over from the top.Sliding the large picture off onto the small one left the large picture flat on the table top every time and not on the floor with the small one.The only way the two could be knocked off was by a pulling or sucking motion.  

Now I am a Methods Engineer my daughter knows I am a very logical practical person but gee wiz this has really shocked me but in a happy way because now i know without question that my daughter was with me and she knew what i said or  what i was thinking at the time. Elly knows that white feathers or lights flickering would not convince me. She was a very smart in her mortal form and she new it was about the timing with me because i told her what i have had experiences before and it was just not what happened but the timing of what happened made me believe that there is a creator of our world.However i did still had some doubt as i was not 100% sure. Elly pulled the two pictures off at the right time wow It still blows me away thinking about it.There is another message here as well its very interesting Elly picked good Friday because Elly did not believe in God and was convinced in evolution  from monkey's.Therefore The other message from Elly  is that everyone in mortal form is resurrected into spirit form. Jesus came back in spirit form like every one else dose.Therefore we have it all wrong he did not die for our sins as this is normal for everyone to take spirit form. He came back in spirit form to give the 12 faith to carry on and spread the teaching's around the world without there leader as he was really showing us and them there is still a journey after death. That's the message i feel and we have taken it the wrong way.Also Jesus followed the culture of the times and had 12 males as the apostles this always puzzled me as it has always been written that God was  fair and just and Creator-ed men and women as equal. Therefore he should have chosen  6 men and 6 women.Now i understand that when Jesus died he took spirit form like every one else who dies it makes sense that he did not know any different as he too had a free choice and i feel he has made the wrong choice in choosing 12 males in following the culture of the times. 

My daughter loved life she was living it to the fullest in Mozambique and she would be very very angry that her life was cut short at 20.

I have a message for the men who murdered my daughter and deprived Elly Warren of her mortal life - she can move objects and hear what you say! You have p***ed off the wrong girl as everyone who new Elly knows she was NOT the person you would want to make angry or get on the wrong side of. My daughter's spirit and I are coming for you there is no where you can hide from Elly. I know this now and it puts a smile on my face knowing she is giving you hell.With the powers behind life i am sure there is a right and wrong and if you have taken a mortal life releasing that spirit earlier than it was meant to be.I am sure now we will be judged on our life in mortal form when we pass over into spirit life. So my message to everyone reading this is to be a good person because if you are not it will come back and bit you on the bum when you pass over i am sure that will be the way it works. 

In knowing now that when we die there is more about life that we really have no idea what knowledge there is beyond death. It's nice to know that I will meet Elly again when I pass and that she is here in spirit form. The keys are always in the door now.

I don't care if you want to share this as it happened and now I believe without question that we take spirit form when we die. There is so much technology and knowledge about the spirit world we don't yet know about just thinking about the journey after death puts my mind in a spin knowing what is now.The universe has so much more to offer us i know this and i am happy that one day i will meet Elly again.

Paul Warren

I am a person who obtain's the facts based on analyzing factual events taking place.By observing what happened to me the other day i now know these facts.

1} My daughter was there with me in some form because she planned  the systematic events which took place that would change my view on surviving death/after life.

2) Now with my mind set changed it is a fact that my daughter is in the after life and she came back to validate this to me.

3) Based on this factual evidence that she is in the after life the facts indicate that there are powers beyond our comprehension therefore the probability of me going to

the after life and seeing my daughter with the factual evidence at hand is a fact. 

Just to add here since good Friday just passed its been very windy in Melbourne and my keys have been still and no pictures have fallen on the floor.I am not sure how it all works but i know now my experienced on good Friday was special and the events happened to me in the way i have explained . I now believe with out question that there is a journey after we pass.I do feel excited about this now.   

Edited by Paul1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Love Buzz

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain in your heart. I hope you find solace knowing your daughter is in a better place and that she's reached out to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul1
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Love Buzz said:

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain in your heart. I hope you find solace knowing your daughter is in a better place and that she's reached out to you.

Thank you ,It has given me hope.

Edited by Paul1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.