Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

The Kim Jong Un Mercedes Mystery

Eldorado

Daimler says it has no idea where North Korean leader Kim Jong Un got his armored Mercedes limousines, adding it has no business dealings with the North.

Full report at CBS News: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/daimler-says-it-has-no-idea-how-kim-jong-un-got-his-mercedes-limos/

"The sale of luxury goods, including limousines, is banned under U. N. sanctions intended to put pressure on North Korea to abandon its nuclear weapons.

Kim nevertheless had two limos waiting for him at Vladivostok station - a Mercedes Maybach S600 Pullman Guard and a Mercedes Maybach S62. He is believed to have also used the S600 Pullman Guard for his summits with Trump in Singapore in June last year and in Hanoi in February.

"We have absolutely no idea how those vehicles were delivered to North Korea," Daimler spokeswoman Silke Mockert said in a written response to an Associated Press report Wednesday on the limousines."

At the UK Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-6962307/Daimler-says-no-idea-Kim-Jong-Un-got-limos.html

• Like 1

Obviousman

I wonder who the third-party is? It is similar situations that led the US to introduce ITAR.

• Thanks 1

aztek

I have a feeling Russia, or china  helped

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Dark_Grey
1 hour ago, aztek said:

I have a feeling Russia, or china  helped

..yeah I don't see any mystery here. It's a car, not a nuke. I'm sure Kim has plenty of connections outside of NK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Buzz_Light_Year

Dennis Rodman :P

• Haha 1