Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Melania Trump's birthday photo divides twitter

Still Waters

The White House’s official Twitter page has released an image of Melania Trump surrounded by press.

The caption reads “Happy Birthday @FLOTUS!” and has been widely criticised as being a “strange” image to post on her birthday.

Melania Trump turns 49 today and the tweet is amassing thousands of likes by the minute.

Twitter users have taken to the comments to voice their confusion over the picture the White House have selected, branding it as a “deeply weird picture choice”.

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-releases-strange-photo-melania-trump-birthday-144913378.html

https://news.sky.com/story/melania-trump-white-house-posts-deeply-weird-photo-for-first-ladys-birthday-11704245

• Haha 5

• The title was changed to Melania Trump's birthday photo divides twitter
59 minutes ago, susieice said:

Twitter reflects the mentality of people today. Most social media does. I'll just wish her a simple Happy Birthday.

:yes:

• Like 9

Happy Birthday, Melania, and Welcome to AmeriKanka,  where we give birthday wishes differently.  :D

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I'm sure this was not what was originally intended but the simplicity of what the photograph speaks can't be passed up.  It shows off her gracefulness and the brutishness of the MSM in contrast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

She looks like the calm in the middle of a storm. For someone who never wanted this, she tries very hard to get it right.. You go FLOTUS! Happy Birthday!

• Like 3

She is surrounded by reporters and photographers but none are focused on her, looking either at their cameras or at something beyond her.

But the person who took that photo got her in the picture.

She looks like she just wants out, do not blame her. What did they want her to do, maybe let them give her the bumbs? 

13 hours ago, susieice said:

Twitter reflects the mentality of people today. Most social media does. I'll just wish her a simple Happy Birthday.

She's a beautiful, graceful and Uber- classy FLOTUS.  I think the photo is one she might have chosen for herself.  After all, she did wear a jacket that said I DON'T REALLY CARE, DO U?  I still have the same sentiment on my truck's bumper:  I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT THE MEDIA, DO YOU?  :w00t:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes Kismit but this board is about American politics.

Then why is a photo of Melania Trump political news?

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

Because it is anything the MSM can drag through the mud and try to make it appear like the worse thing ever.  It's called TDS.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Because it is anything the MSM can drag through the mud and try to make it appear like the worse thing ever.  It's called TDS.

It doesn’t appear to be the people who are not fans of Donald Trump that are interested in the photo, And it is still not really politics.

6 hours ago, Kismit said:

That's how American media and people are.  Remember when Melania got on a plane to go to Texas after their flood? All the media could do is pick on her because she was wearing pumps and her heel got caught on something and she tripped getting on the plane.

All the media ever did was rip her up one side and down the other.  That was "headline news" for the day.

What can I say, Kismit? That's American media 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, F3SS said:

Yeah sure that's what it is lol. There's a few more odd things out there if you want to go down that rabbit hole but none as thought provoking as that video.

Im just trying to rule out all possibilities before deciding it's 100% what it looks like. Just like I do for any of the paranormal claims made here.

31 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That's how American media and people are.  Remember when Melania got on a plane to go to Texas after their flood? All the media could do is pick on her because she was wearing pumps and her heel got caught on something and she tripped getting on the plane.

All the media ever did was rip her up one side and down the other.  That was "headline news" for the day.

What can I say, Kismit? That's American media 

Nope I don’t remember that, was it all over the Liberal media? It did not make it to New Zealand. And if it was on CNN I refuse to watch that. CNN is tabloid nonsense.

5 hours ago, Kismit said:

It doesn’t appear to be the people who are not fans of Donald Trump that are interested in the photo, And it is still not really politics.

Actually the reason we are talking about it at all is that people who don't like Trump are blowing up Twitter with negative comments and memes making fun of her.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, skliss said:

Actually the reason we are talking about it at all is that people who don't like Trump are blowing up Twitter with negative comments and memes making fun of her.

I will have to have a look. My only core sample is here, and it does not seem to be attracting any of the usual left leaning people as a topic.

infact from this core sample ,and I may well be wrong, it almost comes across as another online attempt to stir up outrage amongst the right , and again I stress I could be wrong and will go and check for myself. 

• Like 1

I checked for myself I saw three trolls and several people who thought the fact that she appears to be on her own, except for the paparazzi on her birthday, is kind of sad. But the only news stories about it I found where on right wing sites determined to bring on the outrage. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I checked for myself I saw three trolls and several people who thought the fact that she appears to be on her own, except for the paparazzi on her birthday, is kind of sad. But the only news stories about it I found where on right wing sites determined to bring on the outrage. 

https://people.com/politics/melania-trumps-birthday-card-from-white-house-turns-into-meme/

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/these-memes-of-melania-trumps-birthday-post-from-the-white-house-cant-handle-this-photo-17229100

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-house-celebrates-melania-trump-s-birthday-bizarre-photo-n999141

https://nypost.com/2019/04/27/melania-trump-looks-less-than-enthused-in-white-house-birthday-tweet/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/viral/wh-slammed-for-posting-sad-lonely-photo-of-melania-trump-in-birthday-tweet/vi-BBWkTuV

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6964941/White-House-birthday-tweet-Melania-viral-meme.html

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/melania-trump-birthday-white-house-meme_n_5cc40325e4b04eb7ff9617ce

And on, and on, and on..... I could post 10 more easily. She was actually sitting across from a head of states wife, one of these links has a photo from the opposite direction. Of course the media prefers the cowed, abused wife illusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, skliss said:

A lot of the links you posted are for the same story under different banners. And besides claiming things like Whitehouse slammed, the best evidence is if people merely stating that the photo appears to be of her surrounded by nobody except the paperazzi. And that because of that the image seems sad. Hardly slamming, but outrage sells stories and advertising space I guess.

3 hours ago, skliss said:

Found it.

In a day full of 24 hours or a lifetime filled with 49 years why couldn’t they post something nicer? Like the picture Sarah Sanders posted for Melania’s Birthday 

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

A lot of the links you posted are for the same story under different banners. And besides claiming things like Whitehouse slammed, the best evidence is if people merely stating that the photo appears to be of her surrounded by nobody except the paperazzi. And that because of that the image seems sad. Hardly slamming, but outrage sells stories and advertising space I guess.

In a day full of 24 hours or a lifetime filled with 49 years why couldn’t they post something nicer? Like the picture Sarah Sanders posted for Melania’s Birthday 

You said you couldn't find news reports other than right wing sites. I was showing you it is being reported (negatively) in other more mainstream places. Of course it's the same story....isnt that the story we were talking about? 

As to why they didn't post a different one?  Who knows? Maybe they were showing her doing her job as FLOTUS, even on her birthday. I didn't make that call. I doubt it matters what photo they would have posted, haters would have found something awful to say about ir.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kismit said:

I think that @skliss has shown it is.  But it is all politics.  What you might be seeing is that the few Conservative news agencies love to watch the MSM fall all over themselves making fools of themselves finding any little thing to attack Trump with.  It's like "let's see what they do next?"  I believe that somebody in the MSM writes a daily memo of what news will be covered that day and the Conservative side piece together montages of the MSM repeating the same phrase over and over again.  It is quite hilarious.  It showcases how predictable, callous, and stupid the MSM is.  For those that are Trump supporters, this photo is a nothing burger.  It's really about the MSM showing their true colors.  We'd never have seen this with Michelle.  Melania is far more graceful.  She rivals Jackie.  I predict that late in Trump's second term, the MSM will finally wakeup and realize their error.  The MSM will have no credibility whatsoever.  One can make argument now.

• Thanks 1