Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal high strangeness

Desertrat56

The house I live in has a room that sometimes seems to have disturbed energy.  I had it cleaned up and smudged and had a two pound rose quartz in the east window because that window faces the neighbor who sells meth on the side and has a chop shop in his back yard.  My yards are huge and on that side there are 3 neighbors.  The chop shop is next to the front yard and part of the back yard.  For 3 years since I moved back into this house everything has been fine until a few months ago.

This house has a history with our family.  My parents bought it in 1968 and we lived in it for 4 years, then moved to a bigger house out side of town.  I was in high school when we moved. Then 10 years later my parents and 2 of my brothers moved back (they were the youngest and just starting college).  The house had been rented and the people had torn the place up so major repairs had to be done.  My dad fancied himself a handy man and did all the work himself except some of the plumbing.  He built new cabinets for the kitchen.  He does know how to work with wood.   Anyway in the late 90's my brother died and both my cousin and my sister-in-law claimed to see him walking around the house, specifically in the room that had been his, the room I mentioned.  I am sure it was not my brother and told them he would not be haunting this house.  Several ceremonies were done for him to help him move on.  At the time my parents had divorced and it was my mother's house.

A few months ago my dad's attorney called and said they were packing my dad's house up to sell and they had some stuff for me to disperse to family members.  I am the only one who they contact because I am the only one who goes to the nursing home to visit the old man.  I went to pick the stuff up and asked if I could have a carving my dad had made when I was in grade school.  I then was told to walk through the house and see if there was anything else I wanted.  I found a few things for my sister and my nephews.  And a few other things I brought home for myself.

I hung the carving on the living room wall by the hall into the bedrooms.  The door to the room that I mention faces that wall.  I thought nothing of it but things started happening in that room and actually over flowing into the other bedroom and living room.  That is supposed to be my grandson's room but he will rarely go in there now and even the cat, who used to spend a lot of time in that room will not go in.  I burned charged candles for protection and exorcism, I have salt and vinegar in the window I mentioned because the rose quartz is gone.  I can't find it, though I have looked for it.  It feels better in that part of the house but not clear and a few days ago it dawned on me that the carving is a link to my dad.  He is an eternal 13 year old emotionally and from other things I know he has some energetic links to the house through his wood work.  So I have taken the carving down for now to clear it.  I have it in the kitchen where other stuff has happened relating to my dad (he is still living).  Now I just need to get the room cleaned up, with help from my grandson so I can smudge the whole house and get my grandson back in his room.

I know I have left a lot out.  This is a saga and I don't know how to actually share all of it, but I do want to mention that poltergeist activity requires a human element and my thesis is that there are disturbed people who cause the activity, maybe with the help of non-corporeal entities or maybe not.  We are mostly energy, after all (remember atoms? everything made of nothing pretending to be something), and we do have subtle connections to our environments and the energies around us.  I know there is much to us that we don't perceive without machines, though I think we could perceive more than we are taught to pay attention to without the machines. 

• Like 2

What does the carving depict?

not my best tonight, like any night is, a few things i got lost on,  a lawyer is selling the house or you live there? dad is alive but allegedly haunting a house?

rose quartz wards off drug dealers, and neighborhoodlums? so do calls to dea and local LEOs

charged candles...i made more of them than i can count at the botanical, the smelled great sold very well.

that place "sold" readings, spells, baths, candles incense and peppermints, everything from who the hell can tell to a diddled eyed joe.

people would come back teary eyed it ( the spell ) worked and if it failed the owner said it was their lack of faith, it ooened my mind i quickly came to my person conclusions the power started and ended in the persons mind, any entities were of they own construct, in there not out here. things like this only have the power a person gives it. if a person has a negitive engery in a room in their house thats of them, look how the new owners of houses like amityville report zero, its not because their mind is closed, its because they arent projecting.

belief is powerful, look how mant people benny hinn heals.

if smudge makes you feel good smudge away,

john keel said something to the effect,

" It is more likely that we see what we want to see and interpret such visions according to our contemporary beliefs.”

and he was a true believer, of what he believed.

perhaps you have something deeply tucked away you need to discuss, aire out resolve with dad, my dad passed in 2014 at 89 and i have things i wished we would have cleared up a bit, not that the clearing would have been happy or positive but clousure.

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:36 AM, ouija ouija said:

What does the carving depict?

It is a face, kind of an aboriginal type carving.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

not my best tonight, like any night is, a few things i got lost on,  a lawyer is selling the house or you live there? dad is alive but allegedly haunting a house?

rose quartz wards off drug dealers, and neighborhoodlums? so do calls to dea and local LEOs

charged candles...i made more of them than i can count at the botanical, the smelled great sold very well.

that place "sold" readings, spells, baths, candles incense and peppermints, everything from who the hell can tell to a diddled eyed joe.

people would come back teary eyed it ( the spell ) worked and if it failed the owner said it was their lack of faith, it ooened my mind i quickly came to my person conclusions the power started and ended in the persons mind, any entities were of they own construct, in there not out here. things like this only have the power a person gives it. if a person has a negitive engery in a room in their house thats of them, look how the new owners of houses like amityville report zero, its not because their mind is closed, its because they arent projecting.

belief is powerful, look how mant people benny hinn heals.

if smudge makes you feel good smudge away,

john keel said something to the effect,

" It is more likely that we see what we want to see and interpret such visions according to our contemporary beliefs.”

and he was a true believer, of what he believed.

perhaps you have something deeply tucked away you need to discuss, aire out resolve with dad, my dad passed in 2014 at 89 and i have things i wished we would have cleared up a bit, not that the clearing would have been happy or positive but clousure.

Right!  my post was confusing to some I'm sure, but I think some understood.  Like I said at the end of the post "We are mostly energy, after all (remember atoms? everything made of nothing pretending to be something), and we do have subtle connections to our environments and the energies around us." and drug dealers have a certain type of energy that you don't want spilling into your yard or house.  As for calling authorities, everyone in the neighborhood who thought it would help has, and are told, "leave them alone, we are watching them."

The lawyer sold my dad's house, not mine.  My house used to belong to my parents, then my mother after my parents were divorced.

And yes, I mentioned poltergiest activity, which I think this is and like I said before, it is caused by living, angry humans, possibly with or without ghosts.

I don't use scented candles.

I have aired out my stuff with my dad and am glad that I did it.  He is now senile and tells stories about driving a pickup that has not run for 20 years 200 miles north to the town he grew up in to visit his friends.  He only occasionally remembers that he is angry.  Things hold energy.  It is ok if you have a different picture of reality than I do.  Life would be easier and more difficult for me if I had kept that picture of reality that you express.   Thank you for reading my post.

• Like 1

I'd clean the room, smudge and get another rose quartz crystal, if that worked before. The carving isn't it more than likely it's bad energy attached itself to you. Smudge yourself and the room and see if it helps.

I've read that kosher salt, which you can get at the grocery store, will break attachments to items by spirit. They say if you are a big estate sale or garage sale person you should keep some in your car to sprinkle over items before bringing them into your house. Just a thought. 

Life would be easier and more difficult for me if I had kept that picture of reality that you express.  

all the charged candles i did involved oils that had smells, perhaps you charged yours different than the botanical did, its just an engery focus thing like kids blowing out bday candles, only the power the user gives it,

since i dont give others engery nothing spills, its just what power a person gives someone,

have you seen the movie "dinner for schmucks?" great fun example.

easier, harder, its can be both weather you desire more fantasy based reality, or one based more in science and testable facts like i do, neither way is perfect, thats for sure

my dad was very sharp up to his last day at 89 grandmother too early 90s

mom, no, in the nursing home she told stories of baby sitting obama in hawaii, which she did live there then, she also told tales of rasing chicking at the nursing home and her roommate stealing stuff...

bottom line if smudging, candles and crystals make a person feel protected and safe then more "power " to them...

not that i believe the power of crystals but i do believe the power some believers give them and did study it so you might want to look into rose quartz, it isnt so much for protection, if at all as it is to draw love , heal broken heart issues and that type of thing.

unless you want someone from the meth lab chop shop to fall in love with you...jk. ;)

On 4/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, darkmoonlady said:

I'd clean the room, smudge and get another rose quartz crystal, if that worked before. The carving isn't it more than likely it's bad energy attached itself to you. Smudge yourself and the room and see if it helps.

Yes, I had cleaned and smudge everything before, and will again once I get the rooms organized.  It is a big job because as we go the 8 year old is behind us undoing everything.  He is gone this week so progress is being made.  :)

On 4/28/2019 at 2:54 PM, skliss said:

I've read that kosher salt, which you can get at the grocery store, will break attachments to items by spirit. They say if you are a big estate sale or garage sale person you should keep some in your car to sprinkle over items before bringing them into your house. Just a thought. 

I use salt a lot.  Once I recognized the carving may have changed the energy it was put in a bowl of salt for 48 hours.

13 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Does you neighbor just sell or cook it in the house near you?

Luckily, the neighbor only fills in for the meth dealer across the street from him and does not seem to be selling lately.  I can tell by the people who flock to his house when he is selling.  The dealer across the street (he lives on a corner so it is not the same street I live on) has moved so I think the business moved with him.

In the 80's there was someone in that house cooking meth and one across the street from my house as well.  The person who did the cooking next door spent a lot of years in prison and the one across the street got evicted because he was renting the house.

The neighborhood I live in is really not bad, nowdays.

Edited by Desertrat56

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Luckily, the neighbor only fills in for the meth dealer across the street from him and does not seem to be selling lately.  I can tell by the people who flock to his house when he is selling.  The dealer across the street (he lives on a corner so it is not the same street I live on) has moved so I think the business moved with him.

In the 80's there was someone in that house cooking meth and one across the street from my house as well.  The person who did the cooking next door spent a lot of years in prison and the one across the street got evicted because he was renting the house.

The neighborhood I live in is really not bad, nowdays.

I was just worried that you (and your family) could be getting fumes and some effects from it if they were doing more than selling  .

52 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

I was just worried that you (and your family) could be getting fumes and some effects from it if they were doing more than selling  .

Thank you.  If that were the case I would have been calling the police every day and they probably would have shut it down, they seem to care more about the labs than the actual dealers.

I'm just going to drop this in here and let you ponder or dismiss it all together. So here it goes.

The smudging, crystals, and salt are a placebo effect. They change consciousness the same way a medical placebo does. If you believe it works it will "work". 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm just going to drop this in here and let you ponder or dismiss it all together. So here it goes.

The smudging, crystals, and salt are a placebo effect. They change consciousness the same way a medical placebo does. If you believe it works it will "work". 

Yes, the universe rearranges itself to accommodate your picture of reality.  When there are others involved though there are multiple pictures of reality and a tool or ritual has to be used to satisfy everyone involved.  My current picture of reality is that there are subtle energies at play that are coming from someone outside the house, who is emotionally attached to the house and those who live here.   I really mainly posted this for conversation and I think I am getting some interesting conversation.   The other threads that have interesting opening devolve into bickering that is quite tiresome.   I appreciate that that has not happened in this thread.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, the universe rearranges itself to accommodate your picture of reality.  When there are others involved though there are multiple pictures of reality and a tool or ritual has to be used to satisfy everyone involved.  My current picture of reality is that there are subtle energies at play that are coming from someone outside the house, who is emotionally attached to the house and those who live here.   I really mainly posted this for conversation and I think I am getting some interesting conversation.   The other threads that have interesting opening devolve into bickering that is quite tiresome.   I appreciate that that has not happened in this thread.

I can fully understand this except the universe part. Unless you're using the universe as a metaphor. I consider those things to change one's consciousness. Not anything external. That's my perspective. Beliefs shape our subjective (personal) reality basically. (my pov)

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I can fully understand this except the universe part. Unless you're using the universe as a metaphor. I consider those things to change one's consciousness. Not anything external. That's my perspective. Beliefs shape our subjective (personal) reality basically. (my pov)

The universe is how we perceive our environment, our interactions etc.  I did not spell it with a capital U as if I replaced it with "God".  I understand that the word  may mean something different to others, but there is no other english word that fits.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

The universe is how we perceive our environment, our interactions etc.  I did not spell it with a capital U as if I replaced it with "God".  I understand that the word  may mean something different to others, but there is no other english word that fits.

This is why I'm confused. I think your concept of the universe in the sense you use it might be how I use consciousness (self-awareness). Maybe the objective external awareness and the subjective internal awareness. 

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This is why I'm confused. I think your concept of the universe in the sense you use it might be how I use consciousness (self-awareness). Maybe the objective external awareness and the subjective internal awareness. 

The point is, and I think you understand that, is that I agree with you about perception and belief, except that belief in my dictionary is different because it is usually not based on experience but rather based on wish fulfillment, fear and influence of others.

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

this is what i have seen time and again and fully agree, but you word it far better than i ever do.

On 28/04/2019 at 1:58 AM, Desertrat56 said:

my thesis is that there are disturbed people who cause the activity, maybe with the help of non-corporeal entities or maybe not

I agree 100% with this and I think its the disturbed people who initiate and create or entice these entities.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, openozy said:

I agree 100% with this and I think its the disturbed people who initiate and create or entice these entities.

i agree so long as the entities are just in the minds of those who create them,  as we dont have armies of roving demons.

john keel was into this thinking.

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i agree so long as the entities are just in the minds of those who create them,  as we dont have armies of roving demons.

john keel was into this thinking.

Thank you oh mighty chiroptera,your about 10% there.

• Haha 1