Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA posts cryptic debut image on Instagram

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

The agency joined the image-sharing site this week with a photograph that has left users scratching their heads.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/327311/cia-posts-cryptic-debut-image-on-instagram

"The time on the clock for example is 8:46 - the same exact time that the first hijacked plane hit the World Trade Center on September 11th 2001."

Why on earth would they want to reference that? That was hardly their proudest achievement was it 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

"The time on the clock for example is 8:46 - the same exact time that the first hijacked plane hit the World Trade Center on September 11th 2001."

Why on earth would they want to reference that? That was hardly their proudest achievement was it 

You’re right, dude. What the hell?

I've heard the CIA reported their pre-9/11 findings/concerns to the White House...But Cheney/Bush did nothing about the intel.

like what could they do? they were reassured everything was being done already what with the prior terror attacks and all

i think the pic is their wry fun version of easter eggs like in a movie but the conspiracy folks will find all kinds of coolness....

15 hours ago, Seti42 said:

I've heard the CIA reported their pre-9/11 findings/concerns to the White House...But Cheney/Bush did nothing about the intel.

What was he supposed to do?  Also, they never said they were going to fly airliners into buildings.  Bill Clinton had at least two opportunities to capture Bin Laden but he refused.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

CIA Funds Facebook (2007)

Spoiler

The second round of funding into Facebook ($US12.7 million) came from venture capital firm Accel Partners. Its manager James Breyer was formerly chairman of the National Venture Capital Association, and served on the board with Gilman Louie, CEO of In-Q-Tel, a venture capital firm established by the Central Intelligence Agency in 1999. One of the company's key areas of expertise are in "data mining technologies".

Facebook buys Instagram (2012)

Looks like the CIA is getting bored at work

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

What was he supposed to do?  Also, they never said they were going to fly airliners into buildings.  Bill Clinton had at least two opportunities to capture Bin Laden but he refused.

Isn't it endearing how you manage to turn any criticism of George W into it being Obama or in this case, Clinton's fault ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Isn't it endearing how you manage to turn any criticism of George W into it being Obama or in this case, Clinton's fault ^_^

That's what they've all been programmed to do. It's like a trigger.

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

It was Clinton's fault, he had 8 years to deal with Bin Laden and opportunities to capture Bin Laden and did nothing, Bush had 11 months.  This doesn't exonerate Bush but it damns Clinton.  

1 hour ago, Gary Meadows said:

That's what they've all been programmed to do. It's like a trigger.

:)

*snip*

Edited by Kismit
Removed unecisary insult

It appears to be a bit of a p*** take against conspiracy theorists . I mean the “top secret “ stamp sitting on top of the files, it’s a rediculous set up of what some might actually believe a CIA agents desk would look like. Particularly nice touch showing off the shredded paper.

perhaps it is a CIA mind tool designed to help spot trouble makers online? Or potential agents?

Now I am off to count inverted pyramids 

Edit: not shredded paper a wig, I guess I didn’t pass the test either way :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Even if they had known that terrorists were going to use planes as weapons against the US we couldn't have done anything because if you looked at 18 to 35-year-old Arabic people the liberals would have had a wall-eyed fit about the racial profiling.