Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another cartoon causes hysterics

Eldorado

"The New York Times issued a second statement over the weekend on its decision to publish an anti-Semitic cartoon, this time apologizing for the “dangerous” image and pinning the blame on “a single editor.”

The apology, which was posted online Sunday, came after widespread outrage over the cartoon that ran Thursday in the international edition depicting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a dog leading a blind President Trump in a yarmulke."

Full monty at the Washington Times: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/29/new-york-times-blames-single-editor-anti-semitic-c/

At the UK Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6967539/Don-Jr-slams-disgusting-anti-Semitic-cartoon-printed-New-York-Times-international-edition.html

• Haha 2

Well it's more or less what's happening.... would have been better if Netanyahu was a cat because this guy have 9 lifes !

People have no freaking humor and cannot take sarcasm anymore. Never been offended to be called gringo while working in central america, i'm a freakin gringo. Don't know what's the problem. Trump is mostly blind and Netanyahu guide him, it's just making the situation funny. 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The apology, which was posted online Sunday, came after widespread outrage over the cartoon that ran Thursday in the international edition depicting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a dog leading a blind President Trump in a yarmulke

Has Trump made a complaint about being depicted as a blind jewish man at the end of a leash? I think he should, as that is insulting.

• Like 1

I don't see what all the fuss is about ? I'ts mildly offensive to both Netenyahu and Trump... but surely well within the bounds of political satire ? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I see absolutely NOTHING anti-Semitic about that cartoon.

What the cartoon spoofs on is not Jewishness but rather, Netanyahu leading a blind Trump (he is) thru the Levant using only Israeli eyes.

The US needs to be the only country in the world that has our embassy in Jerusalem and not Tel Aviv...?  The US needs their leader sanctioning Israeli theft of Syrian land (Golan)…?   And now, says Netanyahu, Israel will name a town in Golan after Donald Trump.   How positively benevolent of Ben!

Too many important issues going on here to be looking at it so simply as "spoofing on the Jews".

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I see absolutely NOTHING anti-Semitic about that cartoon.

What the cartoon spoofs on is not Jewishness but rather, Netanyahu leading a blind Trump (he is) thru the Levant using only Israeli eyes.

The US needs to be the only country in the world that has our embassy in Jerusalem and not Tel Aviv...?  The US needs their leader sanctioning Israeli theft of Syrian land (Golan)…?   And now, says Netanyahu, Israel will name a town in Golan after Donald Trump.   How positively benevolent of Ben!

Too many important issues going on here to be looking at it so simply as "spoofing on the Jews".

The only reason we didn’t have our embassy in Jerusalem is because of pressure from other countries. All our would be presidents said they would move the embassy to Jerusalem, but just never did. Our relationship with Israel should have nothing to do with other countries . We have recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital forever. 

We finally have a president that actually tries to do what he says. That’s a good thing. 

Btw Syria waged war on Israel, and that’s why they lost territory. If they hadn’t tried to “cast Israel into the sea” they’d still have it. Why is Israel the only ones held responsible for their actions concerning their neighbors. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yea that’s hilarious. Never mind everything I said is a flat out fact. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Well it's more or less what's happening.... would have been better if Netanyahu was a cat because this guy have 9 lifes !

People have no freaking humor and cannot take sarcasm anymore. Never been offended to be called gringo while working in central america, i'm a freakin gringo. Don't know what's the problem. Trump is mostly blind and Netanyahu guide him, it's just making the situation funny. 

It’s not that people don’t have a sense of humor. It’s more that sources like the NYT, have done everything in their power, even at the expense of their own credibility, to ruin this president. No lie is to big, no fake scandal is to small.

If they think they can score political points for the radical left they will do it. And at this point, it just isn’t funny. In fact it’s down right pathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Holy Cow!!

I am a minority on all this.  I saw what Jerusalem Post had to say.   Yup. They think the cartoon is anti-Semitic.  :huh:

I suppose the message is in the eye of the beholder.  But it does present us with a problem....

How the hell can you dig your heels into *anything* Israel/Netanyahu does without being declared an anti-Semite??   What the BLEEP!

And is same cartoon, which lampoons President Trump, anti-German, anti-Scottish?

Enquiring minds have to know!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

The only reason we didn’t have our embassy in Jerusalem is because of pressure from other countries. All our would be presidents said they would move the embassy to Jerusalem, but just never did. Our relationship with Israel should have nothing to do with other countries . We have recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital forever. 

We finally have a president that actually tries to do what he says. That’s a good thing. 

Btw Syria waged war on Israel, and that’s why they lost territory. If they hadn’t tried to “cast Israel into the sea” they’d still have it. Why is Israel the only ones held responsible for their actions concerning their neighbors. 

preacherman,,,  I do not wish to continue in a subthread here. I highlighted those two examples only to demonstrate the meaning of said cartoon, the idea being to show it is political and not ethnic in nature

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At any other time, it would be a hilarious cartoon.  But given the climate and who posted it, it is hate speech.  Which begs the question, who is it that instigates hate?  Trump or the MSM?  When you watch the MSM, it is so hate filled against Trump, minorities, and Israel.  You watch a Trump rally and it is uplifting, unifying, and positive.  But another question is, how can Trump be a racist and perhaps the most supportive  President to Israel that we've ever had?  How can he be blamed for the attacks on synagogues and churches?  The perpetrator in Poway stated he hated Trump because Trump supported the Jews.

The thing that p!sses me off is,  this cartoon is clearly lampooning POTUS Donald Trump.  But somehow people want to hijack that sentiment by saying the cartoon is a racist jab at a Jew. 

Giveth me a break!  :wacko:

• Like 1

well im not political but have drawn a lot of cartoons,

the cartoon to me makes a jab at trump and a jab at another guy who they want to be sure the viewer knows it jewish, its a jab at the other guy because hes drawn as a dog, and a jab at trump because hes drawn blind to who is leading him, i dont see a jab at the jewish race, unless its because the jew is a dog.

when all is said and done when you have a potus who says and does what trump has he sets a high bar for sarcastic cartoonists.

• Like 2

Far Left activist Journalists are showing their true colors. Anti-semiticism.

Most accurate cartoon there's been in the media for a long time.