Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God of philosophy and God of religion

oslove

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I can understand why they worshipped the sun, moon etc in the early days when they could see and feel the powers behind them, but a lack of understanding of how they worked, this led to science for some for some men.

What i can never understand is how some then chose to believe in one god instead. What happened to all the gods of the past? What happened was man made up another one and some chose to believe in that one god instead. 

We have an understanding if how nature works, but instead of attributing a god to each part of it, man decided to change it to one god who create it all, it does not even have a name, at least in the past man gave their gods names. 

I think what happened was the sun and the moon etc. were turned into human superheros to create the religions we have now.

At some point the ones who put these religions together decided they could control people better with one God. Is my thought.

Well which is why when I look at nature it dies and it is reborn. So I just think at some point we are reborn I just don't see the religious perspective of it as total truth. So it makes me look into it more such as near death experiences.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I think what happened was the sun and the moon etc. were turned into human superheros to create the religions we have now.

At some point the ones who put these religions together decided they could control people better with one God. Is my thought.

Well which is why when I look at nature it dies and it is reborn. So I just think at some point we are reborn I just don't see the religious perspective of it as total truth. So it makes me look into it more such as near death experiences.

We are not reborn, we, like nature, are a continuation.

What dies today, stay dead, but if you create life during your life time, that continues.

The increase of the human population is proof of this. We create life, then we pass on, our children are a part of us, but they are not us. They carry the genes of mankind, and like nature, the cycle continues, old leaves die and new ones are born. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

We are not reborn, we, like nature, are a continuation.

What dies today, stay dead, but if you create life during your life time, that continues.

The increase of the human population is proof of this. We create life, then we pass on, our children are a part of us, but they are not us. They carry the genes of mankind, and like nature, the cycle continues, old leaves die and new ones are born. 

So as our body dies we become the ant and bugs that eat it? So what if that is how it works and we go through the whole process again and going through each animal untill we are human again. I guess that would make us all feel good to be a human.:lol:

So your saying the plant dies but leaves seeds to be planted again?

How many humans can the Earth hold do you think? I am tired of them myself to be honest.:lol:

1 hour ago, Truthseeker007 said:

So as our body dies we become the ant and bugs that eat it? So what if that is how it works and we go through the whole process again and going through each animal untill we are human again. I guess that would make us all feel good to be a human.:lol:

So your saying the plant dies but leaves seeds to be planted again?

How many humans can the Earth hold do you think? I am tired of them myself to be honest.:lol:

No we become dust. Ands and bugs are another form of life we share this planet with. They were here before we were.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I do wonder why humans feel the need to worship something either outside of themselves or their selves.

Non-duality is beyond all comprehension and understanding.

Non-duality is not inside or outside, it isn't an object or a thing, it has no qualities or characteristics, it isn't here or there, its an unknowable state where everything is unified into one.

Your average layman on the street doesnt know that, you have to progress up the ranks of your chosen religion to find out. Non-duality also isn't exactly the Big Bang, although that is a similar concept in physics.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

Why and/or how does mankind come to the idea of a god or God?

From the psychology of man as a dependent entity, consider that no human ever came forth from nothing at all.

Everyone comes forth from parents upon whom he depends to continue to live.

Then man gets intelligent as to ask an intelligent question, what or who started the whole chain of dependency, and that whatever or whoever must have been an entity that does not have any dependency whatsoever at all.

There, that is the origin of the idea of a god or God.

Dear colleagues here, you see it is all due to man's intelligence that he came to the idea of a god or God.

So when people start to deny the existence of a god or God, you can right away conclude that they are not into intelligence but into nonsense.

Tell me, what is the reasoning at all if any that denies the existence of a god or God, and we will analyze the pester to see so clearly: that he has not been into any kind of genuine intelligence at all, but into nonsense.

Nonsense thinking is more common than most people imagine themselves to be, namely, intelligent in their thinking.

• Haha 1

Why are there many gods, instead of one God?

Because many gods came from people whose intelligence was not as extensive as it should be, but with humans who have extensive intelligence, their conclusion is that there is only one God.

Next, why are some people's intelligence not as extensive as other people's intelligence?

Simple: because they choose to not see the bigger and bigger and biggest picture of reality; but we can/t blame them, because with simple folks who never ever got out of their immediate surrounding, they don't see nothing but what is the immediate environment of their limited surrounding, like for example, peoples in the past ancient times when for several generations they never left the patch of earth they called home, which was just some 20 kilometers from the length of the river from which they got their water.

That goes also for humans who are into sex obsession or other sensual pleasures like eating all the time, they can't see with their heart and mind other realms of human cognitive speculations, so theirs is the god of sex and food, nothing more.

What about folks who are into quantum mechanics and still don't accept the existence of a god or gods or one God?

Simple: they see nothing but sub-atomic particles and all kinds of particles and whatever they can manipulate and figmentalize with their also man-made mathematics – as to now come to total self-consternation that they will never end - with more and more and more sub-atomic particles of all kinds of smells and tastes.

It is the most un-intelligent factor in their heart and mind that they never ever or fear altogether for their own silly personal limited reasoning, namely, the most un-intelligent attitude in their heart and mind: not ever entertaining the simple but still the most intelligent of all insights: that something or someone has got to be in charge of all sub-atomic particles and quantum entities of mathematical constructs invented by their self-delimited mental questing.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:37 AM, Truthseeker007 said:

I do wonder why humans feel the need to worship something either outside of themselves or their selves.

Because life is the development and improvement of consciousness and being an imperfect person strives for a perfect personality, for the disclosure of his true Self, which is one with God. Therefore, man will not cease to be interested in God because the True man is God.
Therefore, people did not invent God, he was always with them and when we stopped seeing him in angels and in ourselves we were given religion and spiritual teachers so that we would not get lost at all. Therefore, when people deny God, avoid him, do not want to understand religion, they deny themselves striving to become a real Man, they close their way to the real Man.

So as our body dies we become the ant and bugs that eat it? So what if that is how it works and we go through the whole process again and going through each animal untill we are human again. I guess that would make us all feel good to be a human

Man cannot reincarnate into a lower being, since he has gone through animal and plant evolution and does not need to go back for some experience.

(The exception is cases of complete rupture of the soul and the external consciousness as a result of the most severe repeated crimes during several lives when a person drops out of evolution on earth in general and begins his cosmic evolution from the beginning)

It means completely to spit on the multibillion evolution of his soul and imagine this happened to him when he had a mind, thinking, was a man!

On 5/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, oslove said:

Why are there many gods, instead of one God?  Because many gods came from people whose intelligence was not as extensive as it should be, but with humans who have extensive intelligence, their conclusion is that there is only one God.

Actually there is another way of looking at the emergence of polytheism as opposed to monotheism.  Consider that the world is imperfect.  Then ask yourself, is this imperfect world more likely to be the product of a single genius or a committee?  The answer is obviously the latter.  You only need to look at aircraft design to see that single designers don't make the mistakes that committees do.  The notion that a single god is somehow a better answer is not necessarily the best conclusion.  I point out the fact that monotheism tells us that if there is One God, then there is one true path to god.  While pantheists have had their wars, the monumental intolerance of monotheism has caused the largest bloodbaths in human history without exception.  I am of course referring to Islam's invasion of India, which killed around 1 Billion human beings over 500 years, just because the Hindus are pantheist.  How is mass murder an expression of a more extensive intelligence?  I would argue that monotheism is an intrinsically brutal philosophy that reduces the complexity of the world, rather than revelling in the beauty of complex interactions as a truly intelligent person does.

Next, why are some people's intelligence not as extensive as other people's intelligence?  Simple: because they choose to not see the bigger and bigger and biggest picture of reality; but we can/t blame them, because with simple folks who never ever got out of their immediate surrounding, they don't see nothing but what is the immediate environment of their limited surrounding, like for example, peoples in the past ancient times when for several generations they never left the patch of earth they called home, which was just some 20 kilometers from the length of the river from which they got their water.

This is a horribly simplistic approach to the question of the development of human intelligence.  Firstly, humans in ancient times were great wanderers and far more nomadic than we are today.  It was only with the advent of agriculture that humans became sedentary.  Intelligence is defined as the ability to aquire and apply knowledge and skills.  This is intrinsically a question of opportunity.  The fact is that it wasn't the literate priests or the nobility who invented the windmill that revolutionized agriculture, it was the peasantry.  Now if what you say is true, then how could the uneducated and untravelled peasant do what the priests and nobles couldn't?  Simple, he was practical, and observed the world around him, and saw an opportunity to make money by building a machine that would grind grains into flour without needing musclepower or a nearby river to harness.  Intelligence is about practical but lazy people finding practical but labor saving solutions to the problems they confront. There is no need for some big picture analysis to be factored in, or humanity would never have had a chance.  We aren't born with an inbuilt sense of the mathematical relationships of the cosmos, and it took our species millennia to discover those connections, and compared to that, all the time we spent contemplating notions of divinity was utterly wasted.

That goes also for humans who are into sex obsession or other sensual pleasures like eating all the time, they can't see with their heart and mind other realms of human cognitive speculations, so theirs is the god of sex and food, nothing more.

Show me an actual person who thinks this way, who isn't actually mentally retarded.  This says more about your own prejudice than any real human beings.

What about folks who are into quantum mechanics and still don't accept the existence of a god or gods or one God?  Simple: they see nothing but sub-atomic particles and all kinds of particles and whatever they can manipulate and figmentalize with their also man-made mathematics – as to now come to total self-consternation that they will never end - with more and more and more sub-atomic particles of all kinds of smells and tastes.

This again shows more about your own prejudice than it does about Quantum physicists.  Most physicists are well acquainted with the arguments of theology, but such arguments are making extraordinary claims without providing any extraordinary evidence to support their claims, so they know that the ones making such claims are charlatans.  The scientific paradigm is one of peer review, evidence, and experiments with reproducible results.  The thing is, science actually works.  Science produces actual insights and technologies that make human existence better.  As a result of embracing science our societies are able to solve our survival problems and learn more about the cosmos than ever before.  Is it any wonder that the hollow promises of theism have been discarded?  I mean, why bother with religion at all?  If you want to have a religious experience, you can produce those effects by using pharmaceuticals.   Mathematics is not "man made" by the way, it is a series of discovered relationships in nature, and if anything was going to qualify as a proof of a divine order, it would be mathematics, yet you dismiss it so lightly as a human artifact.  You have literally discarded the only "arrow in your quiver" with an actual point.

It is the most un-intelligent factor in their heart and mind that they never ever or fear altogether for their own silly personal limited reasoning, namely, the most un-intelligent attitude in their heart and mind: not ever entertaining the simple but still the most intelligent of all insights: that something or someone has got to be in charge of all sub-atomic particles and quantum entities of mathematical constructs invented by their self-delimited mental questing.

You clearly have no idea what Quantum physics is actually for.  Potentially it holds the answer to actual practical problems.  For example, the computer you are using would simply not exist without Quantum physics, as all electronics involves understanding how subatomic particles work.  Quantum physics is not about some sort of quest for religion.  Potentially it is about solving questions such as "what causes gravity", and if we found that answer, who knows what fresh technical answers it would unlock?  Potentially we could be building machines capable of cheap space travel and even going faster than the speed of light.  This is so much more interesting than discussing a god who isn't there.  Also, you don't need the idea of a deity to want to live a better life and overcome your own limitations, anyone with even a smattering of philosophy will do that; no god required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:32 PM, Coil said:

Because life is the development and improvement of consciousness and being an imperfect person strives for a perfect personality, for the disclosure of his true Self, which is one with God. Therefore, man will not cease to be interested in God because the True man is God.
Therefore, people did not invent God, he was always with them and when we stopped seeing him in angels and in ourselves we were given religion and spiritual teachers so that we would not get lost at all. Therefore, when people deny God, avoid him, do not want to understand religion, they deny themselves striving to become a real Man, they close their way to the real Man.

Explain why God is a he and why people need religion if everyone is God as you stated? It is very understandable what religion is. A mind control program to keep you separated from what is.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Explain why God is a he and why people need religion if everyone is God as you stated? It is very understandable what religion is. A mind control program to keep you separated from what is.

Because there is a divine Father and you will not call him she but if you mean Brahman, the Absolute is treated as That,neuter gender, so it is necessary to distinguish the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the Absolute as containing and surpassing everything.

In man, though there is a spirit of God but he is not realized by us, therefore, we though divine beings inside but we are involved only in the rational shell of consciousness and not the spiritual one. And religion allows you to open this spiritual consciousness.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, oslove said:

Because many gods came from people whose intelligence was not as extensive as it should be, but with humans who have extensive intelligence, their conclusion is that there is only one God.

Actually they were deified ancestors and the personification of nature and human nature. Many cultures who had these minor gods also had a supreme creator and most Asian ones were pantheistic and the "Creator" itself was the Living Universe. 

The Judeo-Christian God started out as El. A supreme god in a whole pantheon of other gods. Then during the Roman Period many of them were 'whittled" away or became "Archangels".  

• Like 2

Dang Piney!   You one smart bunny!  :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 7:37 PM, Alchopwn said:

[ . . . ]

Dear Alchopwn, I see you to be worth reading on for what I can learn from you about the God of philosophy and the God of religion.

Suppose I ask you in just 50 words, tell me what you know to be the God of religion?

Dear readers of this thread, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to learn what Alchopwn will be generous to share with us, in just no more than 50 words, what is his idea of the God of religion.

12 hours ago, oslove said:

Dear Alchopwn, I see you to be worth reading on for what I can learn from you about the God of philosophy and the God of religion.

Suppose I ask you in just 50 words, tell me what you know to be the God of religion?

Dear readers of this thread, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to learn what Alchopwn will be generous to share with us, in just no more than 50 words, what is his idea of the God of religion.

God doesn't exist therefore God = Zero.  0/0=1.  1/0=∞.  This is a universe created by division over nothing.

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

God doesn't exist therefore God = Zero.  0/0=1.  1/0=∞.  This is a universe created by division over nothing.

Don't make me laugh! Such audacity! If God does not exist, then neither do I! This universe was created by the multiplication of nothing, and not a division operation over a denominator, or rather, over God's global religious denominations.

“Thou shalt not divide by zero.”

So goes one of the great commandments of mathematics classrooms, a rule that must never be broken; otherwise, computers will crash and explode, black holes will spontaneously form, and the universe as we know it will come to an abrupt end.

But rules are meant to be broken.

What if I told you that, despite what you may have learned in school, you can divide by zero if you just think of it in the right way? And what if the answer you get not only had real-world significance, but could actually explain why other parts of math work the way they do? If you’re not afraid to question what you’ve been told, and you’re willing to be flexible with math, then read onward to discover…

https://www.1dividedby0.com/

The God of philosophy, is the same as the God of religion. Plus, is the same God of science, and of science fiction. And this one God is better understood as the monster, God-zilla, because he knows and is master over gazillion bites of information. He knows everyone that was, is, and will be. And He knows everything that can possibly be known, besides knowing that which cannot be known by any of us puny, pretentious, spoiled little "know it all" humans.

Some here are depicting God as some kind of king of monsters, and that's pure folly.

Godzilla-Crown-King-fo-the-Monsters.jpg

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Don't make me laugh! Such audacity! If God does not exist, then neither do I! This universe was created by the multiplication of nothing, and not a division operation over a denominator, or rather, over God's global religious denominations.

So goes one of the great commandments of mathematics classrooms, a rule that must never be broken; otherwise, computers will crash and explode, black holes will spontaneously form, and the universe as we know it will come to an abrupt end.

What if I told you that, despite what you may have learned in school, you can divide by zero if you just think of it in the right way? And what if the answer you get not only had real-world significance, but could actually explain why other parts of math work the way they do? If you’re not afraid to question what you’ve been told, and you’re willing to be flexible with math, then read onward to discover…

Again, I want to say that your handle suits you, Pettytalk

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

The God of philosophy, is the same as the God of religion. Plus, is the same God of science, and of science fiction. And this one God is better understood as the monster, God-zilla, because he knows and is master over gazillion bites of information. He knows everyone that was, is, and will be. And He knows everything that can possibly be known, besides knowing that which cannot be known by any of us puny, pretentious, spoiled little "know it all" humans.

Some here are depicting God as some kind of king of monsters, and that's pure folly.

Godzilla-Crown-King-fo-the-Monsters.jpg

It's obvious you don't know anything about philosopy.

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2019 at 9:23 PM, Pettytalk said:

The universe is a joke and I just fed you the punchline, laugh all you like.  You really don't have to try to make me think you don't exist, I already find it statistically unlikely. 

As to the netx point, you can't multiply things by zero and get an infinity, but you can divide by zero and get an infinity, so your maths is wrong.

More importantly, mathematical progression shows that if you start with nothing, you can get a positive number by dividing nothing into itself.  Thus we have something out of nothing, legitimately within the laws of mathematics.

Better than that, if your God is zero, then it both exists and does not exist at the same time, so there is less contradiction between your faith and the true atheist gnosis, and, more importantly there is suddenly something approaching evidence for a divinity supported by the mathematical language inherrent in the physical universe.  Also, nothing in that article contradicts my basic premise, read it again.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 1