Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Minecraft player loses five-year-long game

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

A man who has been playing a single continuous game of Minecraft for the past five years says he is devastated to have been finally "killed".

Phil Watson, 31, of Newcastle, had been playing in the most difficult Hardcore mode, which means his character cannot be brought back to life.

Having walked 6,316km, flown 7,798km and jumped 732,389 times, he had got "a bit full of myself" and been startled by a zombie baby and eaten by a spider.

He says the five-year game is a record.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48091843

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

A man who has been playing a single continuous game of Minecraft for the past five years says he is devastated to have been finally "killed".

Phil Watson, 31, of Newcastle, had been playing in the most difficult Hardcore mode, which means his character cannot be brought back to life.

Having walked 6,316km, flown 7,798km and jumped 732,389 times, he had got "a bit full of myself" and been startled by a zombie baby and eaten by a spider.

He says the five-year game is a record.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48091843

Thats more annoying than dying on Ark.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Still Waters said:

What would be even more devastating is if the person/s who beat him have only been playing it for a few months.

I have never played it, so do not know how it works. 

• 4 weeks later...

Five years of his life into a game that was targeted for children (5-15 years old)? I mean, I applaud the record but I'd hardly call it an achievement worth bragging about. It's actually a bit sad really. :huh:

I could think of a lot better things to do for 20 hours a week. That around 5200 hours spent on Minecraft. (If my math is right)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I could think of a lot better things to do for 20 hours a week. That around 5200 hours spent on Minecraft. (If my math is right)

Try Ark, thats addictive and utterly brutal.

You lose everything in that too when you die too. But if you are good at it you will only live a few days before something eats you.

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Try Ark, thats addictive and utterly brutal.

You lose everything in that too when you die too. But if you are good at it you will only live a few days before something eats you.

I did ark for only around  2 weeks.

Got p'd off and quit when me and my friends Dino's died from starvation because none of us logged on for TWO WHOLE days lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I did ark for 2 weeks.

Got p'd off when me and my friends Dino's died from starvation because none of us logged on for TWO WHOLE days lol

Ouch. I remember going 4 days before I encountered one of those giganotosaurus beasts.

Oh well, at least it made me laugh when it was chasing me and eating me. I couldn't even out run the thing it was faster than me. I lost so much metal.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1