Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belief in Apollo hoax conspiracy could grow

UM-Bot

Imagine all the risks and $$ involved with the Apollo mission and people still don't believe. I mean if Nasa really wanted to lie they could of came up with plenty else

• Like 4

That can't be a surprise to anyone, since 84% of the world's population still believe in invisible deities.

What NASA can do, however, is to be more aggressive/forthcoming with the abundance of evidence they have. Right now people have to laboriously seek it themselves.

• Like 4

The percentage of people who believe it is already ridiculous at Russia:

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/329840-russians-refuse-apollo-11

Granted, you would expect Russia to have the highest percentage, given its history with USA during the Space Race. But 76%? That's sad.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

That can't be a surprise to anyone, since 84% of the world's population still believe in invisible deities.

Nice attempt at derailing the thread.

Edited by Brok
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brok said:

Nice attempt at derailing the thread.

That's ridiculous! If I had that intention, I would have elaborated much more.

Just now, sci-nerd said:

That's ridiculous! If I had that intention, I would have elaborated much more.

You know perfectly well that sentences like the one you wrote are enough to start debates about religion.

Just now, Brok said:

You know perfectly well that sentences like the one you wrote are enough to start debates about religion.

Maybe my faith in people ability to stay on subject is too high. Sorry 'bout that, dude!

• Haha 1

Just now, sci-nerd said:

Maybe my faith in people ability to stay on subject is too high. Sorry 'bout that, dude!

Don't worry, I think most of us are capable of seeing through such blatant baiting.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Brok said:

Don't worry, I think most of us are capable of seeing through such blatant baiting.

You are hilarious! Complaining about derailing and baiting, but simultaneously doing it yourself. Fulfilling your own prognosis.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Brok said:

The percentage of people who believe it is already ridiculous at Russia:

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/329840-russians-refuse-apollo-11

Granted, you would expect Russia to have the highest percentage, given its history with USA during the Space Race. But 76%? That's sad.

I would love to know what they "know" about the moon landings. If any one is going to have some controversial evidence of fakery, it's Russia. I don't believe they have ever posted any of it, however.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I know a couple of people that believe the moon landings were faked.  I just want to shake them like babies that won't stop crying.

I haven't taken a poll but from observation I think most of the people that I know believe they were faked.

I also know a few that don't believe dinosaurs existed either.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

46 minutes ago, Brok said:

Not really. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I were the guy from NASA it wouldn't worry me much that more and more people believe the moon landings were faked in an age that people argue the earth is flat, or that people won't get their children vaccinated against terrible disease, or that a rapture will happen and people will fly off the face of the earth as if gravity doesn't exist and live in heaven without dying first.  People are idiots.  Anyone who doubts the moon landings happened should wonder why there are zero scientists arguing that it was hoaxed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Brok said:

To be fair...a sneeze is enough a lot of the time.

• Haha 3

It's just like in politics. Proof doesn't mean anything to a certain political group. It's all based on emotion.

• Thanks 1

I'm heartened to know that only five percent of Americans, who have broad, free access to all sorts of information, disbelieve the manned Moon landings. I imagine that 5 %, or more, of the American public probably disbelieve all manner of other ascertained facts. The source or legitimacy of the Russian poll, which supposedly shows that 74 percent of its citizens disbelieve the Apollo era Moon landings is not clear.

Beyond Russia, which cites this poll, is part of TV Novosti, which is run by the Russian government. Beyond Russia has been criticized as unreliable, and a source of propaganda. It actually pays a number of foreign newspapers to include its print edition in their pages, as an insert.  

• Like 1

Too many reasons to believe it was faked.  I am on the fence, but I have my doubts  e.g

1 - The recent crash landing of the Israeli Moon lander tells us that we can't even land a simple unmanned craft on the moon successfully.  Yet we managed 50 years ago to land a fully manned space craft on the moon successfully in 1969 on their first attempt, and with a live television broadcast with no interference and return back to Earth successfully.  You have to admit that is hard for many to accept.  Even if it happened in 2019 it would be hard to accept.

2 - America is the only nation to send people to the moon.  No other nation came close.  Is it because they know it is impossible?

3 - If one country was prepared to fake it just to satisfy their ego, then America is a clear winner in that regard.

4 - We can see planets and galaxies millions of miles away, yet we can't even zoom in and see with convincing HD detail the Apollo landing equipment and vehicles that were left behind on the moon?

5- With so many scams (bogus charities, WMD, climate change, fake dossiers) it is quite easy to see that faking the moon landings was small potatoes when it comes to convincing the gullible public.

6 - JFK declared that America would send a manned space mission to the Moon by the end of the decade (1969).  The chances of succeeding by the end of that decade were slim, yet his words became gospel and America managed to do it successfully on their first attempt and reached the Moon, landed on the Moon, broadcast live on the Moon, and returned successfully back to Earth, and once the public were fooled and accepted what they saw (convinced themselves it was real) then repeating the Apollo performance in the 1970's became child's play.

7 - I believe only one thing could convince the public that the Apollo missions were real.  Return to the Moon. a.k.a. Go to the Moon for the first time.

Still on the fence, but there are convincing debates on both sides.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Too many reasons to believe it was faked, that's all.  I myself have doubts. e.g

1 - The recent crash landing of the Israeli Moon lander tells us that we can't even land a simple unmanned craft on the moon successfully.  Yet we managed 50 years ago to land a fully manned space craft on the moon successfully in 1969 on their first attempt, and with a live television broadcast with no interference and return back to Earth successfully.  You have to admit that is hard for many to accept.  Even if it happened in 2019 it would be hard to accept.

I am only speaking to # 1.  The U.S. landed several manned vehicles on the moon, and the U.S. has landed several non-manned vehicles on Mars.  That has nothing to do with what the Israeli craft crashing on the moon.  Consider the amount of money that was spent, why would any other nation spend that money when we can do the work and later they can use the tehcnology and information that comes from the moon landing project. 

15 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Too many reasons to believe it was faked.  I am on the fence, but I have my doubts  e.g

2 - America is the only nation to send people to the moon.  No other nation came close.  Is it because they know it is impossible?

3 - If one country was prepared to fake it just to satisfy their ego, then America is a clear winner in that regard.

4 - We can see planets and galaxies millions of miles away, yet we can't even zoom in and see with convincing HD detail the Apollo landing equipment and vehicles that were left behind on the moon?

5- With so many scams (bogus charities, WMD, climate change, fake dossiers) it is quite easy to see that faking the moon landings was small potatoes when it comes to convincing the gullible public.

6 - JFK declared that America would send a manned space mission to the Moon by the end of the decade (1969).  The chances of succeeding by the end of that decade were slim, yet his words became gospel and America managed to do it successfully on their first attempt and reached the Moon, landed on the Moon, broadcast live on the Moon, and returned successfully back to Earth, and once the public were fooled and accepted what they saw (convinced themselves it was real) then repeating the Apollo performance n the 1970's became child's play.

7 - Only one thing could convince the public that the Apollo missions were real.  Return to the Moon. a.k.a. Go to the Moon for the first time.

Still on the fence.

This kind of makes it seem like you can no longer even SEE the fence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am only speaking to # 1.  The U.S. landed several manned vehicles on the moon, and the U.S. has landed several non-manned vehicles on Mars.  That has nothing to do with what the Israeli craft crashing on the moon.  Consider the amount of money that was spent, why would any other nation spend that money when we can do the work and later they can use the tehcnology and information that comes from the moon landing project. 

When it comes to state of the art technology and research, Israel leads the way.  They tried to land on the moon in 2019 and failed.  Convincing the public that we landed on the moon 50 years ago will be harder than ever because of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

This kind of makes it seem like you can no longer even SEE the fence.

I am on the fence as I am not convinced to believe or disbelieve the moon landings.  So I listed a series of questions that anyone with a hint of doubt would ask. e.g. If we can't even land in 2019 with the most advanced technology (Israeli crashed module) then how can the public believe we did it successfully 50 years ago with the bonus of live television from the moon and successfully returning back to Earth.  I see three possible scenarios:

1 - We went to the moon, broadcast to the world, and returned successfully.

2 - We attempted to reach the moon and the astronauts were killed.  So plan B was implemented and the mission was faked.

3 - We never even attempted to reach the moon as our research confirmed it was impossible in our lifetime and the money was privately invested (like climate change appeal) and the moon landings were faked.

Can't decide which one happened, as they are all convincing.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked