Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belief in Apollo hoax conspiracy could grow

UM-Bot

4 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

Okay, to sum up: you have no evidence and everything is hearsay.

LOL. I hate to burst your balloon but for many of us here, this ain't our first rodeo. We have had experience with people who think they can pull off a fast one.

Any minute now he is going to claim to have photograph evidence of the attack of the attack of the Van Halen suspenders on Apollo 57. 

7 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

If you bothered to read my other posts you will see that I said I will be donating to charity any surplus beyond the production/marketing costs. 

Thats is a very easy thing to say, as we have no way to know how much money you will  claim as "production/marketing" cost. Unless you want to share your financial records? 

I find the near obsession with the details regarding the pre-orders fascinating. It wasn't something I had planned. I didn't solicit anything. I was contacted by someone who wanted to pre-order a copy. I said if that is what they want to do, then fine. Word then seemed to pass along some sort of grapevine, and other people did the same. It was as simple as that.

45 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Thats is a very easy thing to say, as we have no way to know how much money you will  claim as "production/marketing" cost. Unless you want to share your financial records? 

As you know, I am under no obligation to donate the surplus - if indeed there is a surplus - to a charity. So, no, I will not be sharing my financial records.

22 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

As you know, I am under no obligation to donate the surplus - if indeed there is a surplus - to a charity. So, no, I will not be sharing my financial records.

I know you have no obligation to do so, but you must surely know by now that your credibility around here is quite low. We are under no obligation to believe your sincerity.

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I know you have no obligation to do so, but you must surely know by now that your credibility around here is quite low. We are under no obligation to believe your sincerity.

You say my credibility is low - surely you are joking! But, I suppose that is the price we truth-seekers have to pay.

I am rather busy right now writing a book about Howard Hughes. However, I will look in on UM from time to time.

People are under the impression Howard Hughes died in 1976. The truth is, he used his billions to build a spaceship to take him to Aldebaran. That is why he lost so much weight - to reduce the payload of the spaceship. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

People are under the impression Howard Hughes died in 1976. The truth is, he used his billions to build a spaceship to take him to Aldebaran. That is why he lost so much weight - to reduce the payload of the spaceship. 

Did you inadvertently leave an emoji off the end of this ?  It does sound like a fantastic ;) story !

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Did you inadvertently leave an emoji off the end of this ?  It does sound like a fantastic ;) story !

I am being serious. His full name was Howard Robard Hughes Jnr. See how many letters in his name are also in Aldebaran - seven out of nine. The odds of this being a coincidence are over 3.625 billion to one!

I showed some people the draft of my book, which is called "Howard Hughes Knew My Father". They are all convinced the book is a satire on the conspiracy theories which to this day swirl around Hughes. That is absolute rubbish!

Well, I expect this Hughes story will receive a spirited response, to say the least !

31 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

I am being serious. His full name was Howard Robard Hughes Jnr. See how many letters in his name are also in Aldebaran - seven out of nine. The odds of this being a coincidence are over 3.625 billion to one!

I showed some people the draft of my book, which is called "Howard Hughes Knew My Father". They are all convinced the book is a satire on the conspiracy theories which to this day swirl around Hughes. That is absolute rubbish!

Please show your working.

37 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

By the way, seven of the nine letters of 'Aldebaran' are in my full name too. Do you think I'm from Aldebaran?

Though, do you realise what you've unleashed? People are going to go through lists of star names to find the one their name has the most letters of, and claim they're from that star.

The only stars Hughes was interested in conquering were females in Hollywood movies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

The only stars Hughes was interested in conquering were females in Hollywood movies.

We have that in common.

• Like 1

Maybe we should get papageorge onto this thread o come to Derek's aid, old papa will believe him.  

Edited by Merc14

17 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Maybe we should get papageorge onto this thread o come to Derek's aid, old papa will believe him.  

I thought Derek had a wafer-thin veneer of semi-plausibility, but that has sadly evaporated with the Hughes story. He could however, have a future in comedy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

You say my credibility is low - surely you are joking! But, I suppose that is the price we truth-seekers have to pay.

I am rather busy right now writing a book about Howard Hughes. However, I will look in on UM from time to time.

The problem with you is very narcissistic,  you believe yourself to be a truth seeker and yet you ignore the mountain of data to pick what you believe to be anomalies to call most all of the Apollo program a hoax.  You have no credibility.

3 hours ago, Peter B said:

By the way, seven of the nine letters of 'Aldebaran' are in my full name too. Do you think I'm from Aldebaran?

Though, do you realise what you've unleashed? People are going to go through lists of star names to find the one their name has the most letters of, and claim they're from that star.

And what do you say to the fact that every letter in the name of the star Arcturus is in Prince Charles's full name - in fact, just his four given names are good enough. Must be its ruler or something...

4 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

If Hughes could use his money to build a spaceship to go to Alderaan then why couldn't we go to the moon?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

If Hughes could use his money to build a spaceship to go to Alderaan then why couldn't we go to the moon?

We did go the the Moon. Is someone here saying we never went to the Moon?

1 hour ago, Peter B said:

And what do you say to the fact that every letter in the name of the star Arcturus is in Prince Charles's full name - in fact, just his four given names are good enough. Must be its ruler or something...

Some people - not me - claim the British royal family are lizards from some star or other.

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

I thought Derek had a wafer-thin veneer of semi-plausibility, but that has sadly evaporated with the Hughes story. He could however, have a future in comedy.

Like I said, the people who have read the draft of my book are convinced it is a satire. As if I would write a satire about a conspiracy theory ... imagine that!

21 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

My bad. 

49 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

No but you have posted that A12 was a hoax.  I can't go beyond that because you have veiled your beliefs and fallen back onto "If John is correct....."

• Like 1

Given the last few posts where Derek reveals he doesn't get numerology and probability (it's now a long list of stuff) and also invokes aliens and cool sounding stars, and also the fact that the ONLY book currently available from Derek K. Willis is a science fiction tale (that involves,  oh so coincidentally, an Apollo mission conspiracy).... does anyone smell a very long winded (and extremely putrid) troll?

Unsurprisingly, that book (which is, of course, not called 'Howard Hughes Knew My Father') has not exactly received accolades, just the usual 2-3 self-arranged reviews that every failure has..  I shall not dignify it with a name or link (not that it would matter - this trainwreck is OVER).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked