Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belief in Apollo hoax conspiracy could grow

UM-Bot

1 minute ago, Abaddonire said:

No. It actually isn't. Add 3-D spatial reasoning to your truck of fail.

Is a silly game of "tag" going one here? You know, when you PM each other and come up with a plan to bombard someone? I think there is. I gave up playing along with that kind of game long ago.

Coming up with an image of the relevant side would be very helpful. My whole reason for wanting to find a photograph was because it would help determine what caused the dust deposition. So if you have found a photograph - thanks!  

Just now, Derek Willis said:

Is a silly game of "tag" going one here? You know, when you PM each other and come up with a plan to bombard someone? I think there is. I gave up playing along with that kind of game long ago.

Coming up with an image of the relevant side would be very helpful. My whole reason for wanting to find a photograph was because it would help determine what caused the dust deposition. So if you have found a photograph - thanks!  

Not a single PM has been sent or received by me about you. Neither here, nor elsewhere, so knock it off with the PD victim claim. It is beneath you.

Or is it?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bknight said:

I realize you don't consider yourself to be in error, most all HBs don't.  But like all HBs you offer no evidence to support a hoax, in your case it is a few of your "observations", but theses aren't evidence just speculation on your part all inclusive in the logical fallacies you provide.  You say I'm in error and yes there are errors made by myself.  I started learning in depth details/fact concerning Apollo in earnest about four years ago, I know a vast amount more than I knew four years ago and I am still learning the memo from Bill Tindall concerning the program language changes between A12 and A13, whether this is the memo you saw in "John's " possession or not does not prove anything more than there were changes made but not to enable the computer to be able to land as "John" either described to you or you believe that to be the smoking gun of the AGC.  You fail to understand what/why the changes were made, namely to make it easier an =d safer to land the LM.  That is just one specific point that both you and "John" are incorrect.

This post would be quite lengthy if I dug back through to post all of your errors, but you have a lot and you fail to recognize them(like most all HBs).  I see Abaddonire has posted another.  You really fail miserably.

Dear me, bknight. You made something up - sorry, wrongly speculated - provided a cringing retraction, and you expect me to be bothered by what you think of me? 

1 minute ago, Abaddonire said:

Not a single PM has been sent or received by me about you. Neither here, nor elsewhere, so knock it off with the PD victim claim. It is beneath you.

Or is it?

Well, it has happened many times in the past. I know, because in the past I have been asked to join in.

If I was wrong in this case, then I apologize.

But like I say, if one of the photos is of the relevant side then that will be very helpful.

Just now, Derek Willis said:

Well, it has happened many times in the past. I know, because in the past I have been asked to join in.

If I was wrong in this case, then I apologize.

But like I say, if one of the photos is of the relevant side then that will be very helpful.

Either substantiate the accusation or withdraw it. You are showing your true colours now.

5 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Either substantiate the accusation or withdraw it. You are showing your true colours now.

I am happy to withdraw my assertion. I wouldn't say I made an accusation. If I had of I would have said "There is a game of tag going on" rather than "I think there is [a game of tag going on].

Like I say, I am happy to withdraw my assertion.

Edited by Derek Willis
typing too fast

This particular exchange has been between you and I. Nobody else substantially pitched in. Yet somehow you invent a "PM" conspiracy out of whole cloth. 

FYI, my last PM here was 2 years ago. I do not use PM much. 

8 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

Stop wasting the forum's time with this idiocy Derek.

In fact, let me help stop it.

OK, let's assume that someone posts a comprehensive set of pictures, of all sides of the Surveyor, including the one you want.  (They have, but let's assume they haven't, just to patronise you.)  Now, TELL US EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL DO TO ANALYSE IT.

I mean, I know how science works.  I know how analysis works.  I presume you do too, so you tell us what you will do to use that photo to prove whatever point it is you ware making.  If you can't do that, then clearly, even if we post the perfect shot with sufficient resolution etc, you will then offer nothing of substance.

Do feel free to point back at a previous post where you show this dust analysis, including all the numbers that support your claim.  I've gone back and I see nothing but you handwaving your ignorance, expressing your credulity, and offering opinions and "If I ran the Zoo" stupidity.

So, show us your skillset, Derek.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

Just now, Abaddonire said:

This particular exchange has been between you and I. Nobody else substantially pitched in. Yet somehow you invent a "PM" conspiracy out of whole cloth. 

Yet there you are, hurling out yet another scurrilous accusation on the basis of nothing. That reveals a lot about you. Take a long careful look at yourself.

38 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Sigh. That was someone else. Personally, I happen to agree that you are in it for personal gain but it could as easily be ego stroking.

Now how about you deal with the photographs you claim do not exist. Please.

I guess that is also opinion. It isn't true, put you are entitled to your opinion.

2 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Like I said, I withdraw my assertion.

1 minute ago, Derek Willis said:

I guess that is also opinion. It isn't true, put you are entitled to your opinion.

There you go again, ignoring the substantive issue. The photographs you claim do not exist actually do exist. Any further insistence from you would be nothing less than wilful lying.

Like I said, I withdraw my assertion.

Personally, I am at a decision point. At some point, one has to decide whether or not one is willing to engage an internet crank any further, or is it preferable to withdraw into outright mockery of such a crank. Right now, my inner jury is out for consideration. Your next posts to whoever will swing that jury.

Do as you wish.

3 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Stop wasting the forum's time with this idiocy Derek.

In fact, let me help stop it.

OK, let's assume that someone posts a comprehensive set of pictures, of all sides of the Surveyor, including the one you want.  (They have, but let's assume they haven't, just to patronise you.)  Now, TELL US EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL DO TO ANALYSE IT.

I mean, I know how science works.  I know how analysis works.  I presume you do too, so you tell us what you will do to use that photo to prove whatever point it is you ware making.  If you can't do that, then clearly, even if we post the perfect shot with sufficient resolution etc, you will then offer nothing of substance.

Do feel free to point back at a previous post where you show this dust analysis, including all the numbers that support your claim.  I've gone back and I see nothing but you handwaving your ignorance, expressing your credulity, and offering opinions and "If I ran the Zoo" stupidity.

So, show us your skillset, Derek.

What I am interested in is seeing if it is possible to compare how much dust is on all three sides. That would hopefully provide some clues as to the source of the dust. Now, I am not going to look at the photos this minute, but I will do so and if possible provide my opinion.

I didn't provide a dust analysis in the past, though I might have linked to some papers.  

What I am interested in is seeing if it is possible to compare how much dust is on all three sides. That would hopefully provide some clues as to the source of the dust. Now, I am not going to look at the photos this minute, but I will do so and if possible provide my opinion.

I didn't provide a dust analysis in the past, though I might have linked to some papers.  

No-claimer deception observed.

**** or get off the pot. I grow impatient with this rubbish.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Yet there you are, hurling out yet another scurrilous accusation on the basis of nothing. That reveals a lot about you. Take a long careful look at yourself.

There is a process to how "tag" works - it was once explained to me. One person begins by bombarding the person, and not giving them time to properly answer. Then another person joins in. The idea is to confuse the person and trip them up. Like I say, in the past I have been invited to join in. Of course, everyone will deny such things happen!

3 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

No-claimer deception observed.

**** or get off the pot. I grow impatient with this rubbish.

If people insist on asking me questions, but then don't like my answers - can I suggest they stop asking me questions?

Earlier today I said I will answer questions from anyone who has read the book. If no one wants to read the book, then fine.

2 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

Earlier today I said I will answer questions from anyone who has read the book. If no one wants to read the book, then fine.

I think that I speak for alot of us when I say that I wont spend any money on anything that help to spread the hoax "theory".

To the tag-team: why cant I be on it ?

Tag.  (NEIAC, I'll send you the secwut password, and once you have paid your admittance fee, you're in.)

Derek, I'll ask AGAIN - what NOW is your BEST supported evidence for fakery?

And please clarify - will the free book be exactly the same as the current one, ie include the now abandoned / unsupported claims of 'John'?  And if so, why did you earlier refer to reformatting/revision?

Tag.

29 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

Do you not understand what it means to be at a DISCUSSION FORUM?  Seriously Derek, is there anything you DO get?

BTW - that post is pretty much against the rules as you are asking us to BUY the book.  Reported.

Oh, woops, it wasn't my turn.

Tag.

Edited by ChrLzs

29 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

There is a process to how "tag" works - it was once explained to me. One person begins by bombarding the person, and not giving them time to properly answer. Then another person joins in. The idea is to confuse the person and trip them up. Like I say, in the past I have been invited to join in. Of course, everyone will deny such things happen!

Au contraire, such things can and do happen as I well know given my eldest's situation (something of which you are utterly ignorant and which I am unwilling to share with a demonstrated liar).

Nevertheless, I can state that you have indeed been discussed elsewhere and it is all public. All of it. Your feeble attempt at a dodge from the facts into abject fantasy disgusts me. I value truth above all. You clearly do not becuase you ignore the material evidence of where you are wrong in favour of your imagined persecution by an imaginary cabal.

Stick to the facts. You are demonstrably wrong at every step. Denying it does not make you somehow right. It merely makes you a denier of reality. If that is your choice then you must live with the consequences of that choice. That is your problem, not everyone else's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Do you not understand what it means to be at a DISCUSSION FORUM?  Seriously Derek, is there anything you DO get?

BTW - that post is pretty much against the rules as you are asking us to BUY the book.  Reported.

Oh, woops, it wasn't my turn.

Tag.

It's anyone's turn now. For a brief while, I had his attention, but now he is batting away the attention to detail he simply did not expect.

He made his own bed. Hunting season has started as far as I am concerned. Once he started insulting everyone and refusing to pony up evidence that was the end of his particular bridge.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

If people insist on asking me questions, but then don't like my answers - can I suggest they stop asking me questions?

No, you certainly cannot. You are the one making wild and stupid claims. There is no way you should be exempt from questions about such idiotic claims, that would be insanity.

No. You make a claim then you defend that claim against questions.  Otherwise your claim becomes yet another dismissed wingnut claim for lack of evidence.

Or  are you stating that you have no evidence?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I cannot understand this post.

Are you stating that we should all simply accept whatever it is you say?

Are you stating that your claims cannot withstand scrutiny and therefore should not be scrutinised?

Are you stating that it matters not what answer you give to whatever question is asked, we should simply meekly like you answer?

What' exactly, does that post mean?

Of course, as an alternative, you could look at the notion (bizarre as it might seem) of answering questions in meaningful ways.

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked