Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Cop guilty of murdering Australian woman

Eldorado

"A police officer in the US has been convicted of murdering an unarmed Australian woman who was shot dead outside her home.

Mohamed Noor fired at Justine Ruszczyk Damond after she called to report a possible sexual assault behind her house in Minneapolis in July 2017."

Full report at Sky UK News:https://news.sky.com/story/us-police-officer-convicted-of-murdering-unarmed-australian-woman-11708182

At the Minneapolis Star Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/mohamed-noor-guilty-murder-manslaughter-fatal-shooting-justine-ruszczyk-damond-minneapolis-police/509224642/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have been following this case from the outset. I'm so pleased he has been convicted of murder but I'm afraid it is little consolation for her family.

• Like 8

Hmm...I wonder what makes this case different from the cases where the officer isn't held accountable?? What....could.....it.....be.....?

• Like 2

He should have been found guilty of second degree murder.  He only faces 12 1/2 years for third degree murder and 4 years for manslaughter which will most likely be served concurrently.  So in other words he will serve at best half of that time.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Hmm...I wonder what makes this case different from the cases where the officer isn't held accountable?? What....could.....it.....be.....?

Jeronimo Yanez probably shouldn't have gotten off but in this case Noor just out of the blue shot her for no reason which should have gotten him at least a second degree murder conviction.

• Like 6

good news, now i hope the family sues him in civil court for every penny he has now, and will ever have.  and i hope they take his passport too so he can never go back to Somalia, or anywhere for that matter

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7110545/US-police-officer-facing-prison-murdering-Justine-Damond-offers-spend-just-TWO-WEEKS-jail.html

The comments at the end of this article sum it up: "Outrageous!", "You couldn't make it up!" etc. The cheeky b'**** is only telling the judge what his sentence should be!!!!!! Which is a week in an open prison on the anniversary of her death each year to honour her!!!!! Unbelievable! Once again he is showing his complete disregard for the law he was supposed to be upholding ..... the arrogance of the man. Even if the judge ignores this and continues with his own sentence, it's only going to be about 18mths jail time. He killed an innocent woman! He should be looking at 20yrs minimum. Let's not forget he already has another dodgy gun incident in his past. * takes a deep breath * This has really shocked me. If nothing else, this man has shown he has no interest in the law being applied as it should ..... he feels he is above the law.

• Like 5

Isn't this the idiot that leaned over his partner and shot her through the window? I remember when this happened. I think they were two rookies out patrolling on their own when they should have still been with senior partners. His partner was badly shaken up by this. 

He absolutely should have gotten a second degree murder conviction. I can't wait to hear what his sentence is tomorrow!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Noor, 33, sat expressionless with his hands clasped in front of him as the verdict was read in court just before 5 p.m. 

No remorse?

He has the audacity to sit there expressionless when he used all his aggressive reactions to kill an unarmed woman who had called for help? 

He was only two years in the force, how quickly do the police over there get to get a police gun?  

• Like 4

Kudos to the judge.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:27 AM, ouija ouija said:

Let's not forget he already has another dodgy gun incident in his past. * takes a deep breath *

I haven't followed this case much mostly because it totally sickened me.  I'm wondering how he got on the police force and how he stayed there ?  They have psychological testing and an inclination like this should have showed up.  And, if it didn't, he was on the force long enough I can't believe the other officers didn't see bad judgement on his part multiple times.  Ouija, what was the other dodgy incident ?  (No link necessary, just your idea of what happened is fine)  

I'm left wondering if him being on the force at all is just a case of Reverse Discrimination.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vincennes said:

I haven't followed this case much mostly because it totally sickened me.  I'm wondering how he got on the police force and how he stayed there ?  They have psychological testing and an inclination like this should have showed up.  And, if it didn't, he was on the force long enough I can't believe the other officers didn't see bad judgement on his part multiple times.  Ouija, what was the other dodgy incident ?  (No link necessary, just your idea of what happened is fine)  

I'm left wondering if him being on the force at all is just a case of Reverse Discrimination.

I think he was taken into the force as a sort of liaison with the Somali community(as far as I can remember), and has been very successful at that, hence all the letters praising him that were sent to the judge.

I'm sorry I can't remember exactly the incident with the gun in the not too distant past, I just remember thinking, when I read about it  " Uh-oh! that was a bit of a red flag". Okay, I looked it up and couldn't find anything about a gun! But he does have two formal complaints against him that are still open(remember, he'd only been an officer for 21 months when he shot and killed Justine), and one of them is for assaulting a woman. I've just found this link which is pretty disturbing:

http://www.startribune.com/judge-rejects-motion-to-seal-medical-records-in-trial-for-officer-who-killed-justine-ruszczyk-damond/492518991/

I think you're right about the Reverse Discrimination.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I think you're right about the Reverse Discrimination.

Thanks, Ouij, I didn't mean to make you search it but that was an excellent article.  In fact, I'm wondering how it got through our "fake news"   Not many like that tell the truth do.

It's really too bad that her survivors don't go after the police administration that decided he was their needed link to the "Somali Community."   I hope that they do, that's where the real money that they deserve is hiding.  They are actually the ones who put this imbecile on the streets with a gun.

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 1

It was also wrong that two young, inexperienced cops were sent out together. They should have been paired with older officers for years.

i saw enough to get very sad for the lady and her family and friends, i saw this clown acting all self centered saying had he known he would get arrested never would he have taken the job, something to that effect,

he got 12 will do 6? is that really any deterrent? im not sure where i am at on a dead penility but this guy had a job of great responsibility he epicly failed, shes dead, gone, so he gets to go on? okay, life in prison no parole, and any penny he makes in any way goes to her loved ones.

• Like 2