Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Could Jack have survived 'Titanic' ?

Recommended Posts

UM-Bot

The MythBusters investigate whether or not both Jack and Rose could have survived the movie.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
RabidMongoose

Due to the 0-2C temperatures that night and how Roses clothes were soaked through then....

She should have died too.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Due to the 0-2C temperatures that night and how Roses clothes were soaked through then....

She should have died too.

Not to mention the volume of water flowing into the ship when it split...not to mention the rapidity with which the ship sank...the suction would have pulled down anyone whether they were on a piece of wood or not.  Not to mention that regardless of how many might have survived on pieces of wood...they wouldn't have because of hypothermia.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
Posted (edited)

Much like women hog the blanket, Rose just had to hog the whole door.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 9:20 PM, joc said:

Not to mention the volume of water flowing into the ship when it split...not to mention the rapidity with which the ship sank...the suction would have pulled down anyone whether they were on a piece of wood or not.  Not to mention that regardless of how many might have survived on pieces of wood...they wouldn't have because of hypothermia.  

 

The rather odd lesson of the Titanic is that when going on a cruise make sure you have a large bottle of water in your backpack (to empty out and use to float) and if sailing through somewhere cold some cling film too. Quickly strip off and wrap your torso, arms, and legs in it, before putting your clothes back on. Then you dont freeze to death. Or have your diving suit on under your clothes lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
Posted (edited)

If the story had Jack surviving the predicament, the story would never had been the hit that it shouldn't had  been in the first place ... 

~

Edited by third_eye
sometimes something else
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

I read some speculation recently that the captain should have thrown the ship into reverse, and gone full astern, and the ship might not have filled with water. I rather doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I read some speculation recently that the captain should have thrown the ship into reverse, and gone full astern, and the ship might not have filled with water. I rather doubt it.

Did you see the Titanic passenger list?

Did J P Morgan manage to eliminate all his business rivals or what? All those top bank owners and he mysteriously cancels his seat the day before. How improbable is it for a ship to have 5 separate compartments torn open by an iceberg? Its the only time in history that has occurred.

And what about the fire on its sister ship leading to speculation they repainted it and renamed it the Titanic and did an insurance job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 7/19/2019 at 6:00 AM, RabidMongoose said:

The rather odd lesson of the Titanic is that when going on a cruise make sure you have a large bottle of water in your backpack (to empty out and use to float) and if sailing through somewhere cold some cling film too. Quickly strip off and wrap your torso, arms, and legs in it, before putting your clothes back on. Then you dont freeze to death. Or have your diving suit on under your clothes lol.

When I went through basic training in the Navy...one day...we were all in a swimming pool treading water....fully clothed.  While treading water, we took off our blue jeans and tied the legs together.  Then we grabbed the waste band and put them out of the water, popping them hard back down which filled them with air.  Instant flotation device. 

But hey...a small auto-inflatable raft would probably take up less room than a large water bottle.  But what do I know.  I'm the only 'sailor' I know that never even stepped foot on a ship. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, joc said:

When I went through basic training in the Navy...one day...we were all in a swimming pool treading water....fully clothed.  While treading water, we took off our blue jeans and tied the legs together.  Then we grabbed the waste band and put them out of the water, popping them hard back down which filled them with air.  Instant flotation device. 

But hey...a small auto-inflatable raft would probably take up less room than a large water bottle.  But what do I know.  I'm the only 'sailor' I know that never even stepped foot on a ship. 

That will only keep you afloat.

After 10mins to 15mins of being in 0C to 2C water 99% of people are dead. You need some water proofing or some substance with low heat conductivity between your skin and water. The intelligent lower class passengers would have gone to the kitchen and larded themselves up before getting into the water. I dont know what other substances were available in the days of the Titanic but only 2 surviving people from the water shows a lack of high IQ amongst lower class passengers. 

I`m quite sure if they had the intelligence they wouldnt have frozen to death.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom

Yeah, damn global warming.

:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, RabidMongoose said:

The rather odd lesson of the Titanic is that when going on a cruise make sure you have a large bottle of water in your backpack (to empty out and use to float) and if sailing through somewhere cold some cling film too. Quickly strip off and wrap your torso, arms, and legs in it, before putting your clothes back on. Then you dont freeze to death. Or have your diving suit on under your clothes lol.

How many people on the Titanic would've had cling wrap?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Summerin1905

plot twist jack was actually a hallucination created to help rose as her life was crumbling apart as she had no choice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Cthulhu sank the titanic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
On 7/2/2019 at 7:59 PM, Alchopwn said:

Much like women hog the blanket, Rose just had to hog the whole door.

When women roll over in bed, they always seem to rotate the direction which will pull the blanket away. 

I was having this discussion with a lady the other day. Lol. And even after she acknowledged it, she couldn’t change it. 

It’s kind of intuitive to roll the away direction to change sides rather than roll the towards direction, even if not actually moving at all. 

It’s like a law of physics. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
On 5/2/2019 at 8:27 PM, UM-Bot said:

The MythBusters investigate whether or not both Jack and Rose could have survived the movie.

 

DeCaprio didn't have to die, sffft that is the best part.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Conspiracy
On 7/19/2019 at 8:06 AM, Habitat said:

I read some speculation recently that the captain should have thrown the ship into reverse, and gone full astern, and the ship might not have filled with water. I rather doubt it.

Also possible had he just simply rammed it, the ship would have stayed afloat as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth

Rose promised she would never let Jack go, yet she did by letting him sink to the bottom of the ocean! and yes im being sarcastic so the pun is intended :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.