Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buzz Aldrin calls for mass migration to Mars

UM-Bot

14 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Human kind will not survive Mars. 

The radiation will be off the hook without a magnetic field and even if they find something to produce a atmosphere I doubt they will establish a working ecosystem cycle except by organisms that can handle radiation and we can't. 

• Like 3

I still think we need a moon base. Especially as a means of testing long term habitats. 

• Like 7

I don't think he means we should be sending colonies of families to immediately inhabit the planet.  That would be suicidal.  You would need all sorts of scientific experts to test the conditions first and this would take decades.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

We haven't stepped foot on the moon since the year I was born. Seems like before we send people to colonize Mars let's perfect some things colonizing the moon first. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

That's cool, well said buzz !

the man is an idiot....what will people eat? what will they breathe? he is just a media junky...

15 minutes ago, marsman said:

the man is an idiot....what will people eat? what will they breathe? he is just a media junky...

I know right? Its not like he has been to space or walked on the moon... oh wait.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

I know right? Its not like he has been to space or walked on the moon... oh wait.

so what? he hasnt been to mars....he's been in a space craft with food and water and air to breath...for a SHORT TIME...

"One small step" folks...

People in the 14th century couldn't have foreseen airplanes,cell phones,and Mars rovers!

Everything comes with risks,hell at one time crossing oceans to find new lands was a terrifying endeavor...we did it anyways lol

Barring catastrophe,we will colonize space even if we risk/scare the living s*** out of our species developing "frightening" technology to do so!...We are going places folks,maybe not in my or your lifetimes,but that's reality!

Get with it,or get out of the way ;)

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

I don't think he means we should be sending colonies of families to immediately inhabit the planet.  That would be suicidal.  You would need all sorts of scientific experts to test the conditions first and this would take decades.

There is a television series called Mars some of you might be interested in.  It is done well, I think, for television.  It is 1/3 documentary with interviews with many scientists and leaders stating their ideas of why and how we should go to mars.  2/3 story that is realistic in a lot of way, I think it is supposed to be 30 years in the future.

• Like 1

It's probably been said, but IMO we should spend billions trying to fix the earth (especially its oceans) before sending people to Mars.

2 hours ago, Seti42 said:

It's probably been said, but IMO we should spend billions trillions  trying to fix the earth (especially its oceans) before sending people to Mars.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

There is a television series called Mars some of you might be interested in.  It is done well, I think, for television.  It is 1/3 documentary with interviews with many scientists and leaders stating their ideas of why and how we should go to mars.  2/3 story that is realistic in a lot of way, I think it is supposed to be 30 years in the future.

The scientists and leaders would be up for it, as it would be them going.

30 years odd for the first manned flight,  does not mean they will be setting up tents for a few nights stay. 

Setting up on Mars is so far off in the future, we do not even know what our future holds as residents on Earth. 

If they are already gearing up to go (which they are) it will only be a select few who could do it, and they are not even born yet.

It allways amazes me this garbage, we have a perfectly good planet here with everything we need yet we are trashing mother earth! anybody else have a strange feeling we were already there on Mars and that it is why it is the way it is as Earth is looking at being the same the way we are going? Foolish!

• Thanks 1

Strictly space-cadet talk from Buzz, I would expect that there will be no end of trouble for people trying to live permanently, anywhere, other than Mother Earth. Whoever it was that said that Mars makes Antarctica look like a tropical paradise, was in fact understating the case. Antarctica should have proven self-sustaining settlements before any tripping off to Mars, and really the frigid south should be a doddle compared to Mars, with its unfriendly low gravity, and very unfriendly radiation.

6 hours ago, childofindigo said:

anybody else have a strange feeling we were already there on Mars and that it is why it is the way it is as Earth is looking at being the same the way we are going?

No. Man was never on Mars,  We know that man evolved on Earth. 

While our ancestors have been around for about six million years, the modern form of humans only evolved about 200,000 years ago. Civilization as we know it is only about 6,000 years old

Man invented the wheel on Earth,  he was not capable of transfering from Mars to Earth, like he is not capable of living on it today, so we were never there.

BUT this does not mean there was no life there, but it was not our primitive anscestors.

If the 'seed' of man came from Mars, it did not come here as a human being.

Mankind has to find water on the Moon, Mars or any other planet to survived, we`d have to haul water ,  also soil to plants seeds.

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Mankind has to find water on the Moon, Mars or any other planet to survived, we`d have to haul water ,  also soil to plants seeds.

We HAVE  found water on the Moon and Mars.

• Like 4

On 5/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, Piney said:

The radiation will be off the hook without a magnetic field and even if they find something to produce a atmosphere I doubt they will establish a working ecosystem cycle except by organisms that can handle radiation and we can't. 

Don't know how many times l need to say this but Mars does have a magnetic field, but it is more in some areas than others, so if the astronauts land in the right area, then getting a tan is assured.

And as for Mars being a dead rock, l guess that we have to trust NASA, with their noteworthy track record for that data.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I don't think you would haul water, you would haul oxygen and hydrogen and make water, or pull those elements out of the air or where ever when you get there.

According to Stan Love, an astronaught this book is plausible and 80% of the science presented is real.  It is written like a book that could be used for junior high /middle school science class.

The Martian by Andy Wier

https://www.amazon.com/Martian-Novel-Andy-Weir-ebook/dp/B00EMXBDMA/ref=sr_1_1?crid=6XXPQBM7SJC9&keywords=the+martian+by+andy+weir&qid=1557080707&s=books&sprefix=The+Martian%2Cstripbooks%2C200&sr=1-1

Here is the television series I mentioned earlier.

https://www.amazon.com/Novo-Mundo/dp/B01MCXBTM6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1LIQSNKS1I1B0&keywords=mars&qid=1557080786&s=movies-tv&sprefix=Mars%2Cstripbooks%2C203&sr=1-1

Edited by Desertrat56

We are all in one basket in on earth, just a little cosmic incident (that will happen) and it's over... to go and colonize is the way to go if we think long-term. Preserving what we have is a priority too but in the end, we will not stop an asteroid easily, or a little solar incident or nuclear war incident to happen.

• Like 1

He knows something he's not telling us. And everyone just thinks he's a crazy old man.

Intrestingly astrounauts muscles wast away on long space flights.