Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lavender

ParanormalKris

Tonight I heard Something Vary upsetting to me. I Heard that lavender is an Poison. Just Because my Mom Manifest Smells so much to make her sick.

1704B966-2494-42CB-A5D1-FD42A3990DFB.jpeg

It’s beneficial but has its limits...  doesn’t work on measles either.

Edited by EnderOTD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

41 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

It’s beneficial but has its limits...  doesn’t work on measles either.

Nah, but it does make an interesting lavender and lemon tea bread and yes, real men can bake :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Nah, but it does make an interesting lavender and lemon tea bread and yes, real men can bake :D 

Yes, real men can bake ..... but do they use lavender in their baking? :unsure2:

(Just kidding! :lol:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ParanormalKris said:

Tonight I heard Something Vary upsetting to me. I Heard that lavender is an Poison. Just Because my Mom Manifest Smells so much to make her sick.

A lot of things are poisonous if used in the wrong potency or on the wrong part of the body or for too long; you just have to do some research before use. If you're using lavender on the skin, dilute it with almond oil or olive oil.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Yes, real men can bake ..... but do they use lavender in their baking? :unsure2:

HEY NOW!!!  :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Allow me to preface this by saying that I suffer from acute anxiety. So much so that apparently it's medically "significant" enough that I have been for years prescribed benzos.

I tried lavender essential oil, the purest grade I could find, both aromatic (vial sniffing) as well as ingestion... but for me and for whatever reason it does absolutely nothing. I really wish it did.

Same with CBD oil (for me)

Perhaps my anxiety is too acute for remediation through lavender.

Nice smell, though, will give it that.

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

If your buying it online your probably getting the stuff made with rope hemp. You have to find a small distributor who cares about his product if you want something quality but if your planning to have kids they still aren't sure what it does to male and female DNA. Well, Benzos break your DNA anyway. 

Diet and exercise are still one of the better aids in dealing with it. And I stress "dealing with it". Because there is no magic cure.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

If your buying it online your probably getting the stuff made with rope hemp. You have to find a small distributor who cares about his product if you want something quality but if your planning to have kids they still aren't sure what it does to male and female DNA. Well, Benzos break your DNA anyway. 

Diet and exercise are still one of the better aids in dealing with it. And I stress "dealing with it". Because there is no magic cure.

Yes, I have found robust exercise to be very helpful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

Yes, I have found robust exercise to be very helpful.

A lot of times when I get hit by the "Wave" of depression I go into the dojo and just start swinging my blades or beating up the dummies and bags. I've also always kept a very clean and chemical free diet with lots of yogurt and good cheeses to keep my microbiome up because Harvard now says your microbiome helps regulate your nervous and immune systems. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Piney said:

A lot of times when I get hit by the "Wave" of depression I go into the dojo and just start swinging my blades or beating up the dummies...

I do that out on the streets, and dang it if the police don't get mad.  :ph34r:

But yeah, I agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have a small bottle of good quality essential lavender oil which I use on my pillow (right on the edges each side where I am not likely to make direct contact with it) if I am having a spell of poor sleep.  It does seem to work.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

I have a small bottle of good quality essential lavender oil which I use on my pillow (right on the edges each side where I am not likely to make direct contact with it) if I am having a spell of poor sleep.  It does seem to work.  

diffrent things work for diffrent people.
When I lived alone I had a playlist with random blackmetal bands playing in the background.
Some people find that kind of music hysterical and stressing, for me it was soothing.
It was really hard for me to get a full nights sleep when I moved together with the mother of my children and I wasnt allowed to have my nighttime music on anymore,

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

diffrent things work for diffrent people.
When I lived alone I had a playlist with random blackmetal bands playing in the background.
Some people find that kind of music hysterical and stressing, for me it was soothing.
It was really hard for me to get a full nights sleep when I moved together with the mother of my children and I wasnt allowed to have my nighttime music on anymore,

For someone who is very middle of the road, I actually like that!  Turned down to a level I would play it while trying to drop off, I think it is the rhythm and repetitive nature as much as the actual 'tune', but I do like that.

• Like 1

The white noise of a fan works for a lot of people. Rain does it for me. If it's raining, I'm ready to zonk out. Had an audio app on my phone that was called Sleep Sounds I think, if I put the rain on, zzzzzzzz.....in no time.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The white noise of a fan works for a lot of people. Rain does it for me. If it's raining, I'm ready to zonk out. Had an audio app on my phone that was called Sleep Sounds I think, if I put the rain on, zzzzzzzz.....in no time.

I find rain makes me hungry... next time you hear it think... is that bacon frying?

and you'll know my dliemna... rain is no longer rain to me, it's bacon.

• Haha 2

Just now, quiXilver said:

I find rain makes me hungry... next time you hear it think... is that bacon frying?

and you'll know my dliemna... rain is no longer rain to me, it's bacon.

I faintly remember being at my grandpa's (when he was still alive) as a kid and hearing the rain on their metal roof. It's a pleasant memory for me. Perhaps that's why rain has a soothing effect on me.

• Like 4

Audio re-mastered...

Edited by pallidin

On 5/4/2019 at 3:55 AM, pallidin said:

Allow me to preface this by saying that I suffer from acute anxiety. So much so that apparently it's medically "significant" enough that I have been for years prescribed benzos.

I tried lavender essential oil, the purest grade I could find, both aromatic (vial sniffing) as well as ingestion... but for me and for whatever reason it does absolutely nothing. I really wish it did.

Perhaps my anxiety is too acute for remediation through lavender.

Nice smell, though, will give it that.

There are alternatives. Sniffing Neroli essential oil when hit by anxiety is one (orange blossoms), but expensive.  Drinking Melissa tea once a day for a while will no doubt reduce your anxiety. Perhaps you can try homeopathic remedies, although many consider them just quackery. But I have heard that Aconite 200ch can do miracles for some. Perhaps only a placebo effect, but what the heck, if your mind can be fooled into health, who cares if it is?

But the best thing for your anxiety perhaps is to put everyone on your ignore list. Although there a few doctors here, their PhD are not medical. I know, as I have developed a persistent allergy to what they normally prescribe for me.

A real sweet Melissa can also do wonders.

Instead of Turtles try these. Stop wandering like a gypsy and face your anxiety. It's a mental condition that can be remedied just with your mental powers. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Anxiety is just fear. And to overcome fear one must face it and stand firm. Courage is all you need! When you come to that crossroad, where one way is the way of courage and the other is the way of fear, be courageous and you'll never go down the path of anxiety. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2019 at 6:22 AM, Pettytalk said:

There are alternatives. Sniffing Neroli essential oil when hit by anxiety is one (orange blossoms), but expensive.  Drinking Melissa tea once a day for a while will no doubt reduce your anxiety. Perhaps you can try homeopathic remedies, although many consider them just quackery. But I have heard that Aconite 200ch can do miracles for some. Perhaps only a placebo effect, but what the heck, if your mind can be fooled into health, who cares if it is?

But the best thing for your anxiety perhaps is to put everyone on your ignore list. Although there a few doctors here, their PhD are not medical. I know, as I have developed a persistent allergy to what they normally prescribe for me.

A real sweet Melissa can also do wonders.

Instead of Turtles try these. Stop wandering like a gypsy and face your anxiety. It's a mental condition that can be remedied just with your mental powers. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Anxiety is just fear. And to overcome fear one must face it and stand firm. Courage is all you need! When you come to that crossroad, where one way is the way of courage and the other is the way of fear, be courageous and you'll never go down the path of anxiety. 

I firmly agree with your assessment connection of anxiety with "fear"

Indeed, without fear, "anxiety" is impossible.

Exploring both medical and non-medical avenues to abate or manage my extremely powerful sense of fear which can strike "out-of-nowhere"

Thank for your comments...

Edit: Perhaps I should also mention that I don't handle "absurdity" well. As you pointed-out, using the "ignore" function here on U-M has greatly helped in this type of case.

Edited by pallidin

On 04/05/2019 at 2:55 AM, ParanormalKris said:

Just Because my Mom Manifest Smells so much to make her sick.

Can you explain this? ^^^

Was it your mum who told you it was a poison?

To add to this discussion...

Years ago I was told by a doc that there IS a medical drug that totally knocks-out "fear", and thus acute anxiety... the effect is temporary.

However, she said that it can only be used in severe cases and ONLY in a hospital setting, as apparently the patient can unknowingly endanger themself.

Don't know the name of it.

Edited by pallidin