Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

fortune teller

freedom96

hello guys 

i'm new in this interesting page and i wish i'm the welcome here with you :D:D 

well i have been interested by future teller and that kind of stuf for a few weeks , and  i did a lot of research about how i can predict my future .. so  i found out that there is a lots of alternative for that .. lot of web site talkes about tarot cards reading, hand reading or horoscope tarot prediction  . 
so i feel like lost and i want to talk about that with you and have your point of vew about each way of prediction . 

i don't know if you inderstood what i meen but let me give you an exemple of what i found on the internet ..

https://www.crystalteller.com/?fbclid=IwAR2ubZWpHB5t-9SRhQJP-EhUphCGY10ecmk_rLRSwfPxzzpS4CV6uf9hoN4 

it talks about fortune tellers and the how predicting future is possible  

i realy need your help guys  

thank you a lot and i apologie if i put this topic in the wrong place .. i'm new in this site so i don't know how to use it :unsure::unsure:  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freedom96 said:

i realy need your help guys  

The future is ever changing and stretches out like a spiderweb with many side paths. Nobody can truly see it clearly so it's better to make your own then trying to predict it.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, freedom96 said:

it talks about fortune tellers and the how predicting future is possible  

The future is a combination of random events and self-fulfilling "prophecy". We literally create our own futures or through suggestion create a "predicted" future.

• Like 6

What comes will come, there is no true predicting. There are some obvious expected results that have come

from certain behaviors but no true reading the future.

• Like 6

In the past I have used most of the fortune telling methods and learned how to do them. I gave readings even, made some good money, and was pretty good with the tools.

In the end, though, I learned enough to know that we ourselves make our futures and about the only lingering use for any of them was using the tarot cards for meditation focus on different aspects of life and our self. Even that, I don't do anymore, but I do look back and can see it was fun, interesting, opened my mind to some new insights and … it was a fun stage. Much of what I learned from my years with Tarot got me started into the knowledge which led me more into counselling.  It is all fun to mess with, though. I liked numerology and the Tarot best of the many things I explored. Palmistry - bah. Astrology - eh, though I am perceiving some value in it lately I had not come across earlier, still and all, it is very general and thus not as useful far as a personal horoscope goes. Mind you this is just MY opinion. Others would disagree and be right, too, for them.

Life is a journey, so just pick where you will go next and enjoy. If that is buying a deck for yourself and playing with it, then go for it. If it is reading up on your astrology sign, go for it. If it is deciding it is all nonsense and not doing any of it, go for it. I will say that doing it yourself, learning it, taking the time to sort what it IS is a far better choice than just paying someone to read some cards for you. DOING it, learning it, is how you can really sort out if there is anything to it for you or not and WHY. Learning is never a waste, though some studies are more useful in the longer run.

If you do get a reading from a site like that one, you will firstly be impressed how accurate it is, then, if you are smarter than most folks you will read it over again and realize it is actually so general what they told you (before you replied and filled in the information for them) that it may have impressed most people had they gotten the same reading. Truth is, of all the readers out there offering, maybe 1% actually has a real ability going on. Those few don't work sites like that. They get all the work they want directly. Amateurs and cold readers do, for the most part. You can do as well for cheaper by buying your own deck and messing with it and reading the little book that comes with it. Insight into yourself, real insight, is valuable, however you come by it. Who knows? Maybe you are one of that 1%. Or not. 

JMO.

Live :) 

• Like 6

You can't predict the future, but if you pay enough attention, for long enough, you can learn to calculate it.

The thing is, with both society as a whole, and with the individual, that they follow predictable patterns of behavior. If you have observed a group or a person long enough, you can learn that pattern very precisely, and in fact see what actually will be coming next.

It is both disturbing to witness this predictability, as it is unsettling to watch people run in circles, so I have chosen not to be a smart ass about it. I just think to myself. Oh yeah, I saw that coming a mile away...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Tarot, horoscope are tool based methods of predictions and how much correct they can predict will depend on actual skills of the person. Chances to run into someone who can predict anything useful and meaningful are rare.

15 minutes ago, saintside said:

Chances to run into someone who can predict anything useful and meaningful are rare.

Its called coincidence.

On 6/23/2019 at 4:44 PM, toast said:

Its called coincidence.

And what do you call it when you keep getting those coincidences showing up?  Given that the world is so random, even a 50% accurate prediction rate would be pretty phenomenal.  I mean, even 5 good coincidences in, you must get a bit suspicious that something is going on, that can't be so easily dismissed.  After all, at a certain level, all science is is a good system of predictions.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:58 PM, freedom96 said:

well i have been interested by future teller and that kind of stuf for a few weeks , and  i did a lot of research about how i can predict my future .. so  i found out that there is a lots of alternative for that .. lot of web site talkes about tarot cards reading, hand reading or horoscope tarot prediction  . 
so i feel like lost and i want to talk about that with you and have your point of vew about each way of prediction . 

Well, the first things you need to know about are Confirmation Bias LINK and Apophenia LINK.

For example, Tarot cards work on Apophenia, while horoscopes work on Confirmation Bias.  Good fortune tellers will use more than one fixed system and correlate the findings, and they won't charge you any money.

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, Piney said:

The future is ever changing and stretches out like a spiderweb with many side paths. Nobody can truly see it clearly so it's better to make your own then trying to predict it.

Not sure about this. I believe that around 70% of our life is predestined. But that doesn't mean that we should trust fortune tellers. lol

• Like 1

Just now, TrumanB said:

Not sure about this. I believe that around 70% of our life is predestined. But that doesn't mean that we should trust fortune tellers. lol

How about predetermined rather that predestined. Considering that the subconscious runs the show 95% of the time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How about predetermined rather that predestined. Considering that the subconscious runs the show 95% of the time. 

To me it's the same thing. At the end some door stay closed as much as we try hard.

Edited by TrumanB
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 3:33 PM, Alchopwn said:

And what do you call it when you keep getting those coincidences showing up?  Given that the world is so random, even a 50% accurate prediction rate would be pretty phenomenal.  I mean, even 5 good coincidences in, you must get a bit suspicious that something is going on, that can't be so easily dismissed.  After all, at a certain level, all science is is a good system of predictions.

Well, the first things you need to know about are Confirmation Bias LINK and Apophenia LINK.

For example, Tarot cards work on Apophenia, while horoscopes work on Confirmation Bias.  Good fortune tellers will use more than one fixed system and correlate the findings, and they won't charge you any money.

Astrology and tarot have different purpose than "predicting future". It's much deeper stuff.

Just now, TrumanB said:

To me it's the same thing. At the end some door stay closed as much as we try.

One is hands on and the other hands off. Predetermination would be like setting an intention. If that intention is accepted it will run in the background of your mind. Creating some form of self fulfilling actions. Success or failure is up in the air.

Predestined is more concrete. The only thing I know that is destined to happen is death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

One is hands on and the other hands off. Predetermination would be like setting an intention. If that intention is accepted it will run in the background of your mind. Creating some form of self fulfilling actions. Success or failure is up in the air.

Predestined is more concrete. The only thing I know that is destined to happen is death.

imo, karma plays a big role there. We can't open door that are not given to us. It's related to previous lives...

Just now, TrumanB said:

imo, karma plays a big role there. We can't open door that are not given to us. It's related to previous lives...

Cause and effect. Karma is just something used to keep people in like with certain beliefs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Cause and effect. Karma is just something used to keep people in like with certain beliefs. 

Karma is cause and effect whether you ever heard for that concept or not.

Edited by TrumanB

41 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Karma is cause and effect whether you ever heard for that concept or not.

I've heard of it and it often comes with spiritual/mystical baggage. Just another thing to clutter the mind with. If you're all into it, that's cool. Too tired to argue right now.:lol:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aquarious : you have a leak oops wrong topic eh posted in the wrong topic..eh

Edited by Impedancer

18 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Astrology and tarot have different purpose than "predicting future". It's much deeper stuff.

Astrology is barely a pseudo science. Ita basically used by people who have either lost faith so need to fill the void with belief, people claiming to having psychic abilities who can "read star signs" or just people making a venture of it. 

To be fair there is quite a bit of money to be made in it.

I know people who study astrology seriously for decades. It's their way to meet themselves and the world.