Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Is This Not Being Investigated?

BuddingPsychic1111

There have been quite a few credible eyewitnesses in Africa who have seen living dinosaurs.  Yet this has not been investigated.  Why?  From what I read, I'm inclined to believe that there probably are dinosaurs still living in these regions.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

They need jockeys, and what a blessing you don't need to waste to make the weight, any big bozo can do it !

• Like 3

bud, i can call you " bud" correct?

actually the folklore of living large dinosaurs has been investigated rather well richard greenwell was one researcher who did and in the end they only have stories, no evidence, the issues i have is the alleged sizes are too large to hide and would have to eat a lot of whatever they eat,

the natives who dont have a very defined line on spiritual ( make believe ) creatures and real creatures, it seems to vary native to native,  so thats not what i call credible.

no remains or even crappy pictures and the natives are not stupid they know proof would set them, their family for life, 

so no, i dont believe they exist, take a look on here long thread a month or so back. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are critters being discovered everyday. Not dinosaurs though. There are biologists studying everything virtually everywhere. If dinosaurs still existed (talking Jurassic park types) I am sure they would have been located by now.

Remember, people keep myths alive for all sorts of reasons. People still believe things like Tokolosh...I am fairly certain that it doesn't exist but some still live their lives as if it does.

• Like 3

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

scientists-have-grown-dinosaur-legs-on-a-chicken-for-the-first-time

Why?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

There have been quite a few credible eyewitnesses in Africa who have seen living dinosaurs.  Yet this has not been investigated.  Why?

Large dinosaurs would have been spotted by now on Google Earth, surely.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, acute said:

Why?

The ultimate drumstick of course. :yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

On 5/5/2019 at 7:00 AM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

There have been quite a few credible eyewitnesses in Africa who have seen living dinosaurs.  Yet this has not been investigated.  Why?  From what I read, I'm inclined to believe that there probably are dinosaurs still living in these regions.  

Actually, this is mainly wrong.

Fallacy: "There have been quite a few credible eyewitnesses in Africa who have seen living dinosaurs."

That's simply not true. What we do have is reports of an animal all of which are based on anecdotes from locals that have been reinterpreted by non-locals as dinosaurs.

The place is chock full of birds. They are descended from dinosaurs as pointed out so well in this thread. The non-avian dinosaurs did not survive the extinction at the end of the Cretaceous period. 

As already pointed out, the original search was done by a real scientist. Now expeditions to that area are carried out by creationists. In an interview with Donald Prothero he discussed meeting these creationists. They are often labeled as creation scientists, but he states that they have no background at all in anything related to science. No one has a background in biology, or paleontology, or geology. They have no idea how to do field research. They have no idea how to collect samples. My take from the interview was that these people are well meaning incompetents that are traveling around looking into any sounds or indentations in the ground and calling it evidence for dinosaurs. They have no idea what they are doing and they have no idea how to proceed in any sort of orderly fashion such as that done by scientists.

Despite the stories there is nothing to support any story. There are no bones, no flesh or hide, no tracks, no scat, no examples of a large herbivore feeding. They come back all excited about hearing a sound at night or making a plaster cast of a mud wallow in a road. 

https://www.livescience.com/38871-mokele-mbembe.html

Rumors of enormous beasts hidden in the Congo region date back to at least the sixteenth century... the idea of an elusive African dinosaur-like animal seems to have developed only after the discovery in the nineteenth century of fossil dinosaurs.

In all, there have been more than two dozen searches for the "living dinosaur" over the years and still evidence for mokele-mbembe remains elusive. There are no photographs or films of the creature, no bones or teeth, no evidence beyond stories and anecdote. In the modern world of Google Earth, and ubiquitous cameras and cell phones, it is highly unlikely that dozens or hundreds of dinosaurs (there can't be just one that's 65 million years old!) exist but have somehow never been photographed or even found dead.

• Like 5

On 5/5/2019 at 7:00 AM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

Why don't you conduct one of your (in)famous "experiments"?

I'm sure you will prove that these mythical creatures exist.

This subject has been "investigated" to death by both cryptozoologists and creationist buffoons for decades. No credible evidence has turned up and the investigators rely solely on outdated perceptions of dinosaurs (and the locals). Take my word for it when I say there is nothing of merit here. 

• Like 4

On 5/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, Tatetopa said:

When he is green instead of purple they call him Blarney.

Hi Tatetopa

Blarney Stoned is a mythical Canadian secret agent, I have had some if the disinformation that he passes around.:whistle:

cough, cough

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@BuddingPsychic1111, by ‘dinosaurs’, do you just mean really old people?

That doesn’t need to be investigated, it’s not abnormal for some people to live long lives...

I think that you need to learn more, chump.

41 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

What would make somebody who claimed to have seen a dinosaur "credible"?

If they brought it to the press conference ? :P

• Haha 1

On 05/05/2019 at 12:00 PM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

There have been quite a few credible eyewitnesses in Africa who have seen living dinosaurs.  

No there have not. 

• Like 1

In my opinion, these dinosaur sightings are nothing more than the locals having a lend of visiting scientists.

• Like 1

Assuming that any large, unidentified creature is a dinosaur is like assuming that any vehicle with an engine and 4 wheels is a Ferrari GTC4Lusso ;)  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

It has been investigated, and there was obviously nothing to it besides hilarious stories. Lovely to imagine, though, eh? 

• Thanks 1