Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooter In Colorado High School

susieice

• Sad 4

They just said 2 suspects are in custody.

They just said the police are engaging a 3rd person. It's still an active scene. There are multiple victims. 

This is horrible. They talked to a 6th grader, so this may not even be a high school. It's an academy. 

• Sad 2

Sheriff's office just gave a press conference. The academy contains K-12th grade. They confirmed 7 injured but did not give the ages of the 2 suspects in custody. They think they are juveniles. Police are still going room to room through the school. They said it started in the middle school and moved into the high school. Still a very fluid situation.

• Sad 1

Sheriff just held a press conference. The 2 suspects are said to be male, one adult and one juvenile. Both were students at the school so I would think the adult must be around 18 yrs of age. They are waiting for search warrants for a suspect vehicle and both homes of the suspects. The suspects are not injured. There is no 3rd person involved. There were 8 students wounded, 4 are in critical condition. All the injured are students. They range from 15 yrs old up. They are only saying one weapon was a handgun. 

Wishing all the injured a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with the families and the students who were in the school. Why does this keep happening?

• Like 1

how many so far has there been this year? 

sorry guys, but you yanks are bloody weird, tis a simple fix yet no one does anything about it

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Sadly the news is now reporting that one of the students has passed away. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-respond-reports-school-shooting-colorado/story?id=62885

13 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

how many so far has there been this year? 

sorry guys, but you yanks are bloody weird, tis a simple fix yet no one does anything about it

These are students shooting students in their schools. Why? This isn't a simple matter.

Edited by susieice

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

Sadly the news is now reporting that one of the students has passed away. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-respond-reports-school-shooting-colorado/story?id=62885

These are students shooting students in their schools. Why? This isn't a simple matter.

actually it is Susie.. 

there will be questions asked.. were these legal or illegal guns.. there will be a call for gun control once again.. and once again the 2nd amendment followers will rise up.. and use the classic.. 'its our right.. to protect our freedom and family' and quash any kind of stricter gun control.. 

sorry guys but that is the biggest pile of BS that comes out of your mouth each time.. 

Gun Control does work.. take Australia for example.. now the NRA will say not it doesnt because violent crime has risen.. and yes it has.. but they gloss over the fact that our gun control happened to stop Gun related violent crimes.. which it has.. 

its the gun mentality you have over there is why you will see these kinds of shootings happen often .. which is sad to be honest.. 

It is a simple fix.. you can put in strict gun controls which will not restrict your 2nd amendment.. 

now you will get the ones that will say we need to protect ourselves if our government goes wacko etc.. now that I find really amusing.. because do they honestly think that owning a military style weapon will save them? 

think of the modern day military.. they do not send in ground troops straight away.. its drones and tanks.. well before they send in the foot sloggers.. 

so yes it is a easy fix susie.. its just that people do not want to change things.. and when you have powerful lobby groups that have your senators etc in their back pockets it will never change.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It goes a lot deeper than that. Gun control laws are for adults. Adults aren't doing this so stricter laws won't work. These are kids in school shooting other kids in school. 

12 minutes ago, susieice said:

It goes a lot deeper than that. Gun control laws are for adults. Adults aren't doing this so stricter laws won't work. These are kids in school shooting other kids in school. 

ok but if they are say the guns are owned by their parents. .then the parents should be charged with murder as well. .since they did not keep a better control of the guns.. 

the big difference between the aussie gun culture and the american one is we see owning guns as a privilege not a right.. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

ok but if they are say the guns are owned by their parents. .then the parents should be charged with murder as well. .since they did not keep a better control of the guns.. 

the big difference between the aussie gun culture and the american one is we see owning guns as a privilege not a right.. 

I agree if it's proven the guns belonged to the parents. There was a woman here in PA that was charged for allowing her mentally ill son to get ahold of her gun and he used it to kill someone. It is illegal to buy or possess a handgun under the age of 21. The Sheriff did confirm that a handgun was one of the weapons used today. The one suspect was said to be an adult but a student, so I'm thinking he likely was an 18 yr old senior. At 18, you can own a long rifle so that's possible. Colorado is a big hunting state.

I had 5 siblings and our dad hunted. He had guns and none of us ever thought about touching them. We had no school shootings like this even though we grew up with dads that had guns. A lot of people hunt here in Pennsylvania also. The synagogue shooter in California was only 19. What is causing kids to do this? We need to find that root cause. Is it social media influencing them? Parents that are too busy to pay much attention? Too much stress? Kids that age should be looking forward to proms and graduation. Not shooting up a school.

College kids are older, and wouldn't like me calling them kids I'm sure, but they are doing this too.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

social media.. movies.. tv shows.. etc.. a lot of that is a influence.. then take the popular rap music.. turn away from the law.. kill cops.. treat people like crap.. 

can we change it.. not really.. that style of stuff comes under freedom of speech and expression.. 

and if you tried.. then your a communist etc.. do not believe in freedom so on and so forth

• Like 3

seems like no one from oz understands a concept of black market, nor realize how easy is to get a gun that does not belong to your parents

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

I know the Sheriff said they are looking to see if these 2 suspects posted anything on social media before they did this. A lot of these kids seem to be influenced by things they see on the internet. Rap music can be very violent. They need better music for sure. So much around them that can desensitize their feelings.

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

seems like no one from oz understands a concept of black market, 

Most gangs sell guns on the black market. A lot of gang members get them that way because they can't legally pass the background check to purchase a weapon. I do agree with stricter background checks. 

Edited by susieice

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Most gangs sell guns on the black market. A lot of gang members get them that way because they can't legally pass the background check to purchase a weapon. I do agree with stricter background checks. 

of gang members?

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

of gang members?

No. I do agree with strict background checks because too many weapons have been purchased by people with mental illness or violent histories that wasn't caught until after the fact. Legitimate owners still wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

sorry but i do not buy it for a second, it will only affect those who do not commit crimes, we already run BC on every dealer purchase and transfer,

Just now, aztek said:

sorry but i do not buy it for a second, it will only affect those who do not commit crimes, we already run BC on every dealer purchase and transfer,

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I think a check for mental health would just be a good thing. Too many times these shooters are found to have mental backgrounds that should have stopped them from purchasing a weapon. I don't see where that would affect most owners.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, susieice said:

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I think a check for mental health would just be a good thing. Too many times these shooters are found to have mental backgrounds that should have stopped them from purchasing a weapon. I don't see where that would affect most owners.

we already check for mental illnesses,  as long as they are reported by a doctor, and entered in national BC database, do you propose doing mandatory mental evaluations for every gun owner that we know of?  how about doing the same for a driver license?  having kids?  pilot license?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

we already check for mental illnesses,  as long as they are reported by a doctor, and entered in national BC database,  

Are doctors not required to report it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, susieice said:

Are doctors not required to report it?

they can only report patients that they evaluated. there are plenty of unstable individuals who never seen a doctor,  no one is aware of their conditions, cops may pick violent ones when they start making troubles, but majority of such do not show any signs until too late.

if anything those people almost always had red flags on their sm pages, actually in vast majority of cases it is kids below legal gun owning age that commit those crimes, they do not fall under BC or licensing laws

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Police are checking out the sm pages of these 2 also.

Just now, susieice said:

Police are checking out the sm pages of these 2 also.

yea, but it's kinda too late now.

as strongly as i disagree with oz friend here about gun control , i as much  agree with him about influence of sm, music, entertainment, games..... guns have been around for as long as usa exist, this was never an issue before,   there are other causes

• Like 2

Another false flag attack perpetrated by globalist elements in the federal government for the purpose of enacting further gun control legislation.  I call another Sandy Hook.