Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooter In Colorado High School

susieice

1 minute ago, aztek said:

yea, but it's kinda too late now.

as strongly as i disagree with oz friend here about gun control , i as much  agree with him about influence of sm, music, entertainment, games..... guns have been around for as long as usa exist, this was never an issue before,   there are other causes

There's got to be a lot of other causes. This was never an issue when we were growing up. Not even my kids. They were just at the beginning of gang violence, but not school shootings. And my ex also hunted. I shot targets with him. My oldest son hunts. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

There's got to be a lot of other causes. This was never an issue when we were growing up. Not even my kids. They were just at the beginning of gang violence, but not school shootings. And my ex also hunted. I shot targets with him. My oldest son hunts. 

what didn't you have goring up that kids today have in abundance?  maybe that is the reason. you sure had plenty of guns ,and much less restrictions.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Another false flag attack perpetrated by globalist elements in the federal government for the purpose of enacting further gun control legislation.  I call another Sandy Hook. 

somewhat agree,  not really false flag, it did happen,  federal gvmnt did not make those kids commit that crime, but modern school system turns kids into egoistic arrogant morons with a god complex.  that value their ego over anything including lives, it is all by design

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just hope President Trump and the Republicans in Congress don't fall for these lies!  There needs to be a high level investigation to weed out these deep state terrorists from Washington.  They will never confiscate my guns!

53 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I just hope President Trump and the Republicans in Congress don't fall for these lies!  There needs to be a high level investigation to weed out these deep state terrorists from Washington.  They will never confiscate my guns!

and that is a prime example of why you lot will keep having mass shootings.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I had to renew my FOID card. I had to answer questions like, Have you been convicted of a felony or have you been hospitalized for mental illness.

If I would have said Yes to any one questions, I couldn't get a FOID Card to buy guns and ammo. Then after I completed my application..

It had to go through several agencies to get approved. FBI, ATF, Homeland Security, Coast Guard and State Police. This took 3 months.

I can remember years back it took only took a few weeks.

• Like 1

Police have released the name of the adult shooter. He is Devon Erickson, 18 and is a student at the school. Police were seen searching a Highlands Ranch home that is believed to be where he lived. A car was also removed from the home.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/07/devon-erickson-stem-school-shooting-suspect/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Authorities eventually towed a white Honda sedan from the property. A pentagram with the numbers “666” could be seen on the hood of the car, as well as the phrase “(expletive) society” on the passenger-side door.

A neighbor who requested anonymity described the teen as “a quiet kid, small in stature,” and said the allegations he was involved in the shooting came as a shock.

“There was nothing that would lead you to believe he’d be capable of doing this, not in a million years,” the neighbor said.

• Like 2

I saw that but didn't say it! "Nothing would lead you to believe he'd be capable of doing this" stuck right out after you saw what was written on his car!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

what didn't you have goring up that kids today have in abundance?  maybe that is the reason. you sure had plenty of guns ,and much less restrictions.

Social media that spreads a lot of malice for one. There was none of the division we have today. We had the old 486 computers and the kids played games but no internet. I was a stay at home mom until my youngest went through kindergarten. Then I was home by the time they were. I usually picked them up. 

My ex was a pistol instructor at Quantico when he was in the Marines. My youngest son is the only one that hunts. My older son does not. 

I don't know if that made a difference or not.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

but of course it is evil guns, they made him do it

Those that think banning guns will stop this should keep in mind what happened in Sri Lanka Easter Sunday. Did they use guns?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This site says people had gotten the shooter's name by listening to police scanners and had already looked at his Facebook page. The page showed no indication of any interest in guns or any inclination towards violence. It just showed his hobbies and that he was a fan of the Denver Broncos. Don't know how reliable this site is.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5427736/devon-erickson-facebook-social-media-pictures-give-clues-about-alleged-colorado-school-shooter/

27 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Those that think banning guns will stop this should keep in mind what happened in Sri Lanka Easter Sunday. Did they use guns?

nope.. but a stronger gun control will make things like this happening a lot more difficult.. 

on that argument is just a bit out there.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

did not use guns either.. ;)

but how often do you have bombings like this in america .. and how often do  you get mass shootings? both are easy to access.. but after correct me if I am wrong.. they started to restrict the amount of ammonia nitrate a person could buy.. and any large amounts were recorded etc.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

tis a simple fix

No, with all due respect, if the government outlawed guns and began attempting to confiscate there would another Civil War.  That isn't hyperbole, either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

No, with all due respect, if the government outlawed guns and began attempting to confiscate there would another Civil War.  That isn't hyperbole, either.

and that is the problem right there.. 

because you think that any form of gun restriction is against your 2nd amendment.. 

I agree on your second amendment rights.. and to be honest.. I support you on those rights.. what I disagree with is using that as a excuse to stop gun control.. Australia has shown that gun control does work for gun related crimes and gun related suicide.. but once again.. what worked here will not work there.. but it does work.. you lot need to work out a form of gun control between all sides.. for it to work.. otherwise it will just be one side saying this.. and one side saying that.. but you guys really do need to do something  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

and that is a prime example of why you lot will keep having mass shootings.. 

Yes, I'm sure that we will.  Any government that attempted to take them away by decree would find itself engaged in killing civilians.  2A isn't a privilege that our government "allows" or "gives" to us.  This right is one that transcends political considerations.  Dems are usually as pro 2A as any Republican.

1 minute ago, DingoLingo said:

and that is the problem right there.. 

because you think that any form of gun restriction is against your 2nd amendment.. 

I agree on your second amendment rights.. and to be honest.. I support you on those rights.. what I disagree with is using that as a excuse to stop gun control.. Australia has shown that gun control does work for gun related crimes and gun related suicide.. but once again.. what worked here will not work there.. but it does work.. you lot need to work out a form of gun control between all sides.. for it to work.. otherwise it will just be one side saying this.. and one side saying that.. but you guys really do need to do something  

Making more laws to attempt to restrain violent behavior with firearms doesn't work here and because of the size of this country and the diversity of our citizens, it never will.  Guns, especially semi-autos with high capacity magazines would still be available for a price just like drugs, sex, and other vices.  If there is a demand, the supply will follow.  The real problem today is that our culture has become so coarse and unthankful that the idea of protecting every life has gone by the wayside.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Yes, I'm sure that we will.  Any government that attempted to take them away by decree would find itself engaged in killing civilians.  2A isn't a privilege that our government "allows" or "gives" to us.  This right is one that transcends political considerations.  Dems are usually as pro 2A as any Republican.

like I said.. all sides need to come to the table and work out a agreement they can work with.. 

One side saying this and the other saying that is just going to lead to more kids being killed.. you lot should put it out to every person who is eligible to vote.. and by eligible I mean american citizens.. and ask the question.. should american gun laws be amended.. and if the majority vote yes.. then all parties should work on it.. not the democrates.. republicans.. etc.. but all parties.. and ratify a change.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

The real problem today is that our culture has become so coarse and unthankful that the idea of protecting every life has gone by the wayside.  

its not just your culture my friend. .but most of the civilized world has gone that way as well.. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DingoLingo said:

not the democrates.. republicans.. etc.. but all parties.. and ratify a change.. 

I understand what you are saying and in a perfect world - or at least an honorable one, our representatives would do what is right to make schools safer but in case you hadn't noticed lately, Americans are as separated and angry as I've ever seen and things don't look to be getting better any time soon.

1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

nope.. but a stronger gun control will make things like this happening a lot more difficult.. 

on that argument is just a bit out there.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

did not use guns either.. ;)

but how often do you have bombings like this in america .. and how often do  you get mass shootings? both are easy to access.. but after correct me if I am wrong.. they started to restrict the amount of ammonia nitrate a person could buy.. and any large amounts were recorded etc.. 

When guns were banned in England, Knife crimes went up. I even read an article where some stores in England were going to quit selling knives.. Where does it end?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

When guns were banned in England, Knife crimes went up. I even read an article where some stores in England were going to quit selling knives.. Where does it end?

uk and aus, did not have much gun crime to begin with,  stats show that,  they also showed crime in general went up after confiscation, that lot just can't see it. can't accept it.

and seem to me their mentality is murder is ok as long as it is not done by a gun.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The student who was killed has been identified. A couple of students attacked one of the shooters.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/colorado-stem-school-student-brendan-bialy-helped-disarm-gunman-n1003181

New info was also released about the shooters. Three handguns and a rifle were seized but sources close to the investigation said the rifle was not used in the shootings. One was involved with drugs and was in therapy.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/at-least-one-victim-in-shooting-at-stem-school-highlands-ranch-authorities-say

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

You have to scroll down to find CNN's report on the suspects. Police thought they had 2 male suspects and didn't realize the 15 yr old was female. They make no mention of her being transgender like the Denver newspaper does.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/colorado-school-shooting/h_eb6373454024a2cbdec432964de7ced8

NBC also mentions that by appearance, they thought they had 2 male suspects. Sounds like maybe some bullying was going on here. They also say the suspects targeted two different areas of the school. It is known that students charged the 18 yr old and he shot and killed at least 1 of the victims. No word if the female had shot anyone.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/colorado-stem-school-shooting-juvenile-suspect-identified-female-everything-else-n1003246

• Like 1